Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Kimber Eclipes...This ones Special

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Ding126
    Veteran Member
    • Apr 2008
    • 4393

    Kimber Eclipes...This ones Special

    Just got her out of jail. Do you see why this is a special model to me?
    Last edited by Ding126; 04-22-2013, 8:47 PM.
    sigpic
  • #2
    gotshotgun?
    Veteran Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 3667

    10mm?

    Comment

    • #3
      deadcoyote
      Veteran Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 4002

      Hole for a lanyard?
      Buying a safe and sane firework is like paying a hooker for a hug. I do not see the appeal in it.

      Comment

      • #4
        Ding126
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2008
        • 4393

        This one comes from the Custom Shop, Ambi safety and ajustable night sights..I know you can't tell from the single photo. But I have never seen an Eclipes with these markings. This is my 2nd Eclipes. the pistol is about 10yrs old and was never fired. Must of been some of the 1st models before they became production guns.
        sigpic

        Comment

        • #5
          gotshotgun?
          Veteran Member
          • Jan 2009
          • 3667

          Very nice!

          Comment

          • #6
            a1c
            CGSSA Coordinator
            • Oct 2009
            • 9098

            I can tell from the photo those are not the factory sights, and obviously the "Custom" marking sets it apart. I own the 10mm version and I love that gun. It's become my hunting sidearm, and I intend to take a pig or two with it this winter.
            WTB: French & Finnish firearms. WTS: raw honey, tumbled .45 ACP brass, stupid cat.

            Comment

            • #7
              skyscraper
              Calguns Addict
              • Feb 2011
              • 5198

              Ive got one, but its a 10mm and has nightsights, non-adjustable. Your gonna love that gun. The finish is awesome as you already know

              Comment

              • #8
                Kruzr
                In Memoriam
                • Oct 2005
                • 1751

                The Custom Shop marked Eclipse with the ambi safety were the first ones produced in 2001 and are considered a Kimber Limited Edition gun. When they became a standard production gun, the ambi safety was dropped. The gun looks to be completely stock including the sights.

                Some info on the gun:

                4522 produced. Stainless slide and frame, 5” barrel, black oxide finish brush polished on the flats, 30 LPI front strap checkering, ambidextrous safety, adjustable night sights, laminated gray grips. Serial sequence begins with KEL. 38 oz. MSR: $1121

                Now they also have checkering under the trigger guard in case you come across a block of cheese that needs grating.
                Last edited by Kruzr; 11-29-2011, 7:14 PM.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Write Winger
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2009
                  • 6136

                  I know when I want some Parmesan on my salad what gun I'm using

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Ding126
                    Veteran Member
                    • Apr 2008
                    • 4393

                    Originally posted by Kruzr
                    The Custom Shop marked Eclipse with the ambi safety were the first ones produced in 2001 and are considered a Kimber Limited Edition gun. When they became a standard production gun, the ambi safety was dropped. The gun looks to be completely stock including the sights.

                    Some info on the gun:



                    Now they also have checkering under the trigger guard in case you come across a block of cheese that needs grating.
                    Thanks for the info and confirming the sights are factory..Purchased the pistol from a family member who only fondled it and was the original purchaser. Thanks again

                    Now I wish I still had the 10mm I sold 2 yrs ago...maybe my next Kimber
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      DArBad
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 3002

                      Hey Ding,

                      Let me know when you will be hanging out at one of those shooting ranges in Vacaville with that Eclipse, I might decide to drop-in on you and oggle your " special " Eclipse!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        JTROKS
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Nov 2007
                        • 13093

                        Can't wait for the range report.
                        The wise man said just find your place
                        In the eye of the storm
                        Seek the roses along the way
                        Just beware of the thorns...
                        K. Meine

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1