Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Colt Commander 1911 rebuild

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • covi101
    Member
    • Dec 2004
    • 175

    Colt Commander 1911 rebuild

    I purchased a NIB Colt 1911 Commander .45 last month and sent it to Rocky Mountain Arms for the Bear Coating (Matte Black) and the following:
    -Beavertail grip safety
    -Checker front strap 30LPI
    -New extractor
    -Trigger and trigger job
    -Lowered and flared ejection port
    -Wolff springs
    -Ambi safety
    -Novak night sights

    I'm very happy with everything so far. I will take to the range Wednesday and report back.
    Last edited by covi101; 06-05-2015, 9:16 PM.
    NRA Lifetime Member
  • #2
    Oceanbob
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2010
    • 12720

    Wow...what a beautiful piece of Artwork.....thanks for sharing.
    May the Bridges I burn light the way.

    Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

    Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

    Comment

    • #3
      Malmon
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1178

      That is beautiful! If you don't mind me asking, how much did it cost for the whole package?

      Never mind, found their website. Thanks anyway.
      Last edited by Malmon; 11-21-2011, 10:04 PM.

      Comment

      • #4
        covi101
        Member
        • Dec 2004
        • 175

        Thanks guys.
        NRA Lifetime Member

        Comment

        • #5
          psango
          CGN/CGSSA Contributor
          CGN Contributor
          • Jul 2009
          • 1303

          Yep, that's a beautiful Colt!
          Always remember to pillage before you burn.

          Comment

          • #6
            PRCABR4Christ
            Senior Member
            • Dec 2009
            • 954

            is it me, or is the checkering crooked? maybe my eyes are getting old or the camera is at a weird angle...
            Good saddles ain't cheap...and cheap saddles ain't good

            I have a custom spur and western decoration business! http://www.facebook.com/pages/JH-Spurs/211804625565944 & http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHSpurs?ref=si_shop

            Comment

            • #7
              covi101
              Member
              • Dec 2004
              • 175

              Also slim grips and 30LPI mainspring housing.
              NRA Lifetime Member

              Comment

              • #8
                PRCABR4Christ
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 954

                almost forgot...I highly recommend grips that support the plunger tube
                Good saddles ain't cheap...and cheap saddles ain't good

                I have a custom spur and western decoration business! http://www.facebook.com/pages/JH-Spurs/211804625565944 & http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHSpurs?ref=si_shop

                Comment

                • #9
                  p2rider426
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2011
                  • 508

                  That thing is BEAUTIFUL

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    covi101
                    Member
                    • Dec 2004
                    • 175

                    Range report- Fail

                    Everything start off good until about round 60 the rear site came lose and popped off, see picture!

                    It appears it wasn't secured tight enough. I was very disappointed. Rocky Mountain Arms should have double checked everything before they shipped me back my gun. And after spending the amount of money that I did, little things like this should not happen right when I get my gun back.

                    I called and left a message.
                    Last edited by covi101; 06-05-2015, 9:16 PM.
                    NRA Lifetime Member

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SantaCabinetguy
                      I need a LIFE!!
                      • Feb 2011
                      • 15142

                      I like it. Bummer to hear about your rear sight, at least you still have it.
                      I had a front sight just disappear on my last range trip with the springer. Went to sight up, could find the sight picture, went safe, looked at the muzzle end and went .

                      Keep us posted!
                      Hauoli Makahiki Hou


                      -------

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        covi101
                        Member
                        • Dec 2004
                        • 175

                        I just shipped back to Rocky Mountain Arms for them to fix and more importantly to add the solid short trigger I requested and paid for that was not on gun when I received it.
                        NRA Lifetime Member

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          chadd446
                          Junior Member
                          • Mar 2011
                          • 86

                          Beautiful Colt, but it looks like they checkered the front strap with their eyes closed.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Sam
                            Calguns Addict
                            CGN Contributor
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 5205

                            Seemed like there was also a mark of some sort on the front site, from a punch perhaps?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              PRCABR4Christ
                              Senior Member
                              • Dec 2009
                              • 954

                              Originally posted by Sam
                              Seemed like there was also a mark of some sort on the front site, from a punch perhaps?
                              yeah...good call, I never noticed that, looks like brass though, and pretty high for a punch
                              Good saddles ain't cheap...and cheap saddles ain't good

                              I have a custom spur and western decoration business! http://www.facebook.com/pages/JH-Spurs/211804625565944 & http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHSpurs?ref=si_shop

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1