Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My NEW Ruger 22/45.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Scandivious
    Member
    • May 2011
    • 144

    My NEW Ruger 22/45.

    So like everyone have said, the dis assembly is a pain in the ***. Couple things I have noticed. Is this just my gun?

    - Sometimes when I press down on the bolt stop it acts like the magazine release and the magazine pops out. Is this normal?

    - Sometimes the magazine just slips out. Why is that?

    - It is hard sometime to to press down on the bold stop to release the bolt when there is not a round or snap cap in the magazine. If there is one there is no problem.

    Any owners or people with knowledge of any of these problems please chime in?
    CZ75B
    ***Soon*** Remington 870
    Just a young gunner
  • #2
    Fishslayer
    In Memoriam
    • Jan 2010
    • 13035

    Do not try to release the bolt stop without a magazine in it. You'll damage the dingus.

    Unless a loaded mag is in place you have to pull the bolt back, push down the release & ease it forward.

    I don't actually remember if the mag needs to be loaded or not but don't do it!

    I don't know if disassembly is as hard as everybody says because I haven't yet. I (carefully) run a brush with Hoppes through the bore. Don't touch the crown! Then douche it out really well with Hoppes and a plastic toothbrush.
    Air blow dry & oil it up. Seems to work. You can use a plastic safe aerosol like B-C synthetic safe if you like.
    Last edited by Fishslayer; 11-19-2011, 6:31 PM.
    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
    Originally posted by redcliff
    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

    Comment

    Working...
    UA-8071174-1