Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about 30 day exemption

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • thenodnarb
    Veteran Member
    • May 2009
    • 2603

    Question about 30 day exemption

    Monday I should be receiving a new handgun from buds at my local FFL. Hopefully I can DROS it in the morning because I also have lined up a PPT of another handgun later in the day at a different FFL (not sure which one yet but its a drive).

    Calgun Wiki says PPT is exempt from 30 day wait.
    Does it matter if I DROS the new handgun first or second? What should I do/say to the FFL for the PPT to make sure it is "exempted." And finally, what is a good FFL in the Ontario area that is competent and can handle this correctly? How is Bass Pro at handling this kind of stuff?

    Thanks guys.

    How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
    How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets
  • #2
    fennecfrank
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 1787

    Yes, PPT is exempt from the 30-day.

    the 30-day only applies to factory new handguns from an FFL. It does not matter if you DROS the new handgun first or second.

    Comment

    • #3
      fennecfrank
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 1787

      here you go, from CA DOJ: http://ag.ca.gov/firearms/forms/pdf/Cfl2007.pdf


      Handgun Purchases Limited to One Per 30-DaysExceptionsThe one-handgun-per-30-day limit does not apply to:
      California Firearms Laws 2007 34
      • Any law enforcement agency or agency duly authorized to perform law
      enforcement duties.
      • Any state or local correctional facility.
      • Any private security company licensed to do business in California.
      • Any person who is properly identified as a full-time paid peace officer who carries a firearm
      during the course and scope of his or her employment as a peace officer.
      • Any motion picture, television, or video production company or entertainment or
      theatrical company whose production by its nature involves the use of firearms.
      • Any person who may, pursuant to Penal Code section 12078, claim an exemption
      from the waiting period set forth in Penal Code section 12072.

      • Any transaction between private parties conducted through a licensed firearms
      dealer.


      • Any person who is licensed as a collector pursuant to Chapter 44 (commencing with Section
      921) of Title 18 of the United States Code and the regulations issued
      pursuant thereto and who has a current certificate of eligibility issued by the
      Department of Justice.
      • The exchange of a handgun where the dealer purchased that handgun from the
      person seeking the exchange within the 30-day period immediately preceding the
      date of exchange or replacement.
      • The replacement of a handgun that has been reported to law enforcement as lost or
      stolen

      Comment

      • #4
        weinerd
        Member
        • Jun 2011
        • 314

        Originally posted by fennecfrank
        Yes, PPT is exempt from the 30-day.

        the 30-day only applies to factory new handguns from an FFL. It does not matter if you DROS the new handgun first or second.
        No, it doesn't only apply to new handguns.

        Comment

        • #5
          orangeusa
          • Jul 2009
          • 9055

          +100 Yup. I bought two guns out of state within 2 days. Luckily one of the sellers was a patient man..

          .

          Comment

          • #6
            Dhena81
            Veteran Member
            • May 2010
            • 4587

            Originally posted by fennecfrank
            Yes, PPT is exempt from the 30-day.

            the 30-day only applies to factory new handguns from an FFL. It does not matter if you DROS the new handgun first or second.
            Originally posted by weinerd
            No, it doesn't only apply to new handguns.
            Your both right PPT is exempt for the 1 in 30 rule. But not a used gun at your LGS or a used gun that is shipped to an FFL then the 1 in 30 does apply from my understanding.

            Comment

            • #7
              den888
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 10520

              Yep, did two PPT's in one day at an FFL and no issues.

              Comment

              • #8
                thenodnarb
                Veteran Member
                • May 2009
                • 2603

                So how do I make sure the FFL does it right when I do the PPT? Is there some special checkbox or special form that will make it clear that this is a PPT? Do I not need to worry about it?

                With all the gun store FUD, I just don't want to run into problems with a stupid FFL. Any suggestions on who is knowledgeable in the Ontario area?

                How I Powder Coat Pistol Bullets
                How I Powder Coat Rifle Bullets

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1