Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

your favorite railed 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • barbasol
    • Feb 2010
    • 954

    your favorite railed 1911

    Hey Calgunners. I'm going to be picking up a new 1911 and wanted to get your opinion. What is your favorite 1911 with a rail? I have a Colt Combat Commander which I love. This will be for home defense and range use. I don't like full rails and I'm leaning heavily towards the Kimberly Tle/Le

    Thanks all
    Free Loan Modification Review and Short Sale Info for any Calgunners in Socal. PM me for details
    15% commission rebate and 5% donation to Calguns Foundation for any closed home sale by a Calgunner or referral. PM for details*subject to lender approval
  • #2
    Kodachrome
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 379

    Don't have too many railed 1911. Just one a TRP Operator, full rail, bull barrel, all steel and heavy. Just right for recoil. I have other plastic weapons if I need more rails.
    Happy Shooting

    Comment

    • #3
      Black Majik
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2005
      • 9695

      Springfield PRO Operator

      Comment

      • #4
        PRCABR4Christ
        Senior Member
        • Dec 2009
        • 954

        Originally posted by Kodachrome
        Don't have too many railed 1911. Just one a TRP Operator, full rail, bull barrel, all steel and heavy. Just right for recoil. I have other plastic weapons if I need more rails.
        Happy Shooting
        If I were to buy a railed production 1911...that would be my choice, I'm not a fan of rails on 1911's, but it's such a sweet shooter
        Good saddles ain't cheap...and cheap saddles ain't good

        I have a custom spur and western decoration business! http://www.facebook.com/pages/JH-Spurs/211804625565944 & http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHSpurs?ref=si_shop

        Comment

        • #5
          Roddd
          Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 348

          Nighthawk GRP Recon...I was doubting how much it was worth the money until I bought one. It's one heck of a shooter.

          Comment

          • #6
            jcaoloveshine
            Veteran Member
            • Dec 2007
            • 2654

            What's your budget? Thread won't help much without context.
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              MA2
              Senior Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 1129

              Just another option, you can add a rail with Dawson's adapter (drill/tap needed).
              I think it actually looks clean/nice.

              Comment

              • #8
                Tminor
                Junior Member
                • Jul 2009
                • 70

                Love my stainless Kimber TLE/RL. Several of my friends have the blue model. I have noticed a lot of holster wear in just a few years.
                Home based FFL01 in San Jose.
                Internet transfers, PTP, special orders.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Haplo
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2008
                  • 720

                  My STI Duty One.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    barca101
                    Senior Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 577

                    The Colt Rail Gun is nice, so is the SA Operator, the black over green.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Malmon
                      Senior Member
                      • Sep 2009
                      • 1178

                      As of the moment, I have 3 sa 1911 operators (trp half-rail op, trp full rail op & the mc op long beach ed). Among the 3, my favorite gun to shoot is the trp half-rail operator. It has a a good balance to it, the bull barrel plus the added weight of the rail tames the recoil a little bit.
                      Since you are close by, I assume you shoot at insight in artesia? You are welcome to try them out, I am there almost every friday night. Just shoot me a pm.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Sturnovik
                        Veteran Member
                        • Feb 2010
                        • 2937

                        COLT rail or SA.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          tpf68
                          Member
                          • May 2006
                          • 329

                          MC Operator

                          sigpic

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            1911RONIN
                            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                            • Mar 2011
                            • 1992

                            Originally posted by tpf68
                            MC Operator

                            ^this
                            ?Seek the Lord while He may be found?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Sturnovik
                              Veteran Member
                              • Feb 2010
                              • 2937

                              Originally posted by tpf68
                              MC Operator

                              God I love the color/finish on that thing!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1