Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

PPT with 12 round mags

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • wyrm2021
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 227

    PPT with 12 round mags

    I need some help or just a refresher on this, I will be getting a pistol PPT that come with 2-12 round mags. Now if I`m not mistaken i`ll have to put limiters in them? Correct....?
  • #2
    ke6guj
    Moderator
    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
    • Nov 2003
    • 23725

    correct. 10-round mags max, even for PPT.

    The seller could disassemble the mags and that would be legal, but there needs to be a functioning magazine available to do the Handgun Safety Demo.
    Jack



    Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

    No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

    Comment

    • #3
      stix213
      AKA: Joe Censored
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Apr 2009
      • 19002

      You have to receive the mags disassembled.

      Also this could be a problem when doing the safe handgun demonstration, where you chamber a snap cap, and then clear the weapon. Hopefully the FFL works with you.

      Comment

      • #4
        Oceanbob
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2010
        • 12720

        Originally posted by wyrm2021
        I need some help or just a refresher on this, I will be getting a pistol PPT that come with 2-12 round mags. Now if I`m not mistaken i`ll have to put limiters in them? Correct....?
        Actually following the law he legally cannot even include the mags (hi caps) in the sale to you.


        What he can do is TAKE APART the mags into pieces and include them in a baggy as rebuilt kit parts.

        And you should buy a 10 round mag before the pick up date to do the required safety check. (given by the FFL)

        I suggest he hand you the rebuild kits in a baggy outside of the FFL and you shove them into your car trunk for future rebuilding of your soon to be purchased 10 round legal magazines. Sometimes showing up inside an FFL causes FUD and PANIC by FFL's that are unfamiliar with the law.

        Have fun
        Bob
        May the Bridges I burn light the way.

        Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

        Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

        Comment

        • #5
          wyrm2021
          Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 227

          I thought so, but as far as the FFL freaking out, this I doute will happen since I`m getting from a hole in the wall shop, they were awear of the fact at time of purchase. Worst case scenario I`ll do the safety check then disassemble them before I leave the shop. I`ll look on line for a few 10 round mags for it over the weekend so I have some legal.

          Comment

          • #6
            0351USMC
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2011
            • 2262

            Originally posted by ke6guj
            correct. 10-round mags max, even for PPT.

            The seller could disassemble the mags and that would be legal, but there needs to be a functioning magazine available to do the Handgun Safety Demo.
            One time,I did safety Demo with Store Display pistol,because I took mags home on PPT day.

            Comment

            • #7
              wyrm2021
              Member
              • Jul 2011
              • 227

              another question, since its only pistol and mags no case i`ll have to get a case of some sorts that I can lock to transport home... correct?

              Comment

              • #8
                PRCABR4Christ
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 954

                Originally posted by wyrm2021
                another question, since its only pistol and mags no case i`ll have to get a case of some sorts that I can lock to transport home... correct?
                a cable lock will work just fine
                Good saddles ain't cheap...and cheap saddles ain't good

                I have a custom spur and western decoration business! http://www.facebook.com/pages/JH-Spurs/211804625565944 & http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHSpurs?ref=si_shop

                Comment

                • #9
                  Librarian
                  Admin and Poltergeist
                  CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 44690

                  Originally posted by wyrm2021
                  another question, since its only pistol and mags no case i`ll have to get a case of some sorts that I can lock to transport home... correct?
                  Originally posted by PRCABR4Christ
                  a cable lock will work just fine
                  No, a cable lock will NOT work, unless used to lock a fully-enclosing case.

                  The locks FFLs are required to verify before releasing the gun have done their entire job after the FFL checks it off in his paperwork. After that, the buyer/transferee can return it for a refund, throw it away, use it for a paperweight -- but it does NOT satisfy the 12026.1/12026.2/16850/25610
                  As used in Sections 17740, 23925, 25105, 25205, and 25610,
                  and in Article 3 (commencing with Section 25505) of Chapter 2 of
                  Division 5 of Title 4, "locked container" means a secure container
                  that is fully enclosed and locked by a padlock, keylock, combination
                  lock, or similar locking device. The term "locked container" does not
                  include the utility or glove compartment of a motor vehicle.


                  25610
                  (a) Section 25400 shall not be construed to prohibit any
                  citizen of the United States over the age of 18 years who resides or
                  is temporarily within this state, and who is not prohibited by state
                  or federal law from possessing, receiving, owning, or purchasing a
                  firearm, from transporting or carrying any pistol, revolver, or other
                  firearm capable of being concealed upon the person, provided that
                  the following applies to the firearm:
                  (1) The firearm is within a motor vehicle and it is locked in the
                  vehicle's trunk or in a locked container in the vehicle.
                  (2) The firearm is carried by the person directly to or from any
                  motor vehicle for any lawful purpose and, while carrying the firearm,
                  the firearm is contained within a locked container.
                  (b) The provisions of this section do not prohibit or limit the
                  otherwise lawful carrying or transportation of any pistol, revolver,
                  or other firearm capable of being concealed upon the person in
                  accordance with the provisions listed in Section 16580.
                  transportation requirement.
                  ARCHIVED Calguns Foundation Wiki here: http://web.archive.org/web/201908310...itle=Main_Page

                  Frozen in 2015, it is falling out of date and I can no longer edit the content. But much of it is still good!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    louscamaro91
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2007
                    • 3522

                    You can do the handgun safety demonstration with a pistol in the store or from another one from home. Upon pickup, do the demo with the one you brought from home.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      wyrm2021
                      Member
                      • Jul 2011
                      • 227

                      Thanks Librarian, locked container it is. And as far as the safety demo goes I`m not worried about anything I`ve bought a gun from this shop before they didn`t do everything by the book then and I`m still here, no serious mortal self inflicted bullet wounds, I think all will go well this time also.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1