Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

A decent flashlight for my p226

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GuillermoAntonio
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1526

    A decent flashlight for my p226

    I was looking at a streamlight tlr-1 , does anyone know if it fits? Is it a good buy? Thanks!
    Hungry for ammo?
    San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!
  • #2
    WDE91
    Veteran Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 3513

    Does your gun have a rail?

    If so, then yes most likely

    If you are unsure and do not receive an answer
    Call Streamlight or Sig
    "Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms." James Madison

    Comment

    • #3
      yuccales
      Senior Member
      • Jul 2008
      • 1121

      Can't speak about fitment on your pistol, but I can say my Streamlight on my SR works great & mount has stayed tight. For their cost, I think they are a good light.

      Comment

      • #4
        lawaia
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2008
        • 2083

        I have mounted a TLR-2 on a P229 in the past, so yes it will fit on your P226. And the TLR-1 is a very good value, IMO.

        Comment

        • #5
          GuillermoAntonio
          Senior Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 1526

          Originally posted by lawaia
          I have mounted a TLR-2 on a P229 in the past, so yes it will fit on your P226. And the TLR-1 is a very good value, IMO.
          Thanks,
          Also How did you like the tlr 2 ?
          Hungry for ammo?
          San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

          Comment

          • #6
            Sturnovik
            Veteran Member
            • Feb 2010
            • 2937

            Streamlight TLR 1 or 2 are good ones to start with. The TLR1 is what I have and its rock solid, only 100 bucks and can be found a few bucks cheaper around and its very bright, at a fraction of a surefire. Go for it.
            Last edited by Sturnovik; 11-10-2011, 10:42 AM.

            Comment

            • #7
              lawaia
              Senior Member
              • Feb 2008
              • 2083

              Originally posted by GuillermoAntonio
              Thanks,
              Also How did you like the tlr 2 ?
              I still have it, and like it.

              Comment

              • #8
                arc
                Member
                • Jun 2010
                • 204

                Yes, it will fit and work fine. I've got about 1'000 rounds or so with the light on. You do have to clean the lens every now and then as it starts to get a little brown coating from shooting.



                -James

                Comment

                • #9
                  Matt P
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jun 2006
                  • 3101

                  Put lip balm over the lens and the soot will wipe off.
                  My WTB of Anything Glock 1-2 Generation, Tupperware, Manuals or Parts. Press Me

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    the_t0ny
                    Senior Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 1010

                    I see a lot of people mentioning the tlr-1, but not the tlr-1s....how come?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Sturnovik
                      Veteran Member
                      • Feb 2010
                      • 2937

                      Mine has a strobe built in. Maybe thats just why they added the "s" to it.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        GuillermoAntonio
                        Senior Member
                        • Feb 2011
                        • 1526

                        Originally posted by Sturnovik
                        Mine has a strobe built in. Maybe thats just why they added the "s" to it.
                        Is the strobe really practical? When would I need.one?
                        Hungry for ammo?
                        San Diego Ammo GB from Bullet_man911 ****THE SAN DIEGO AMMO GROUP BUY****!

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Sturnovik
                          Veteran Member
                          • Feb 2010
                          • 2937

                          Well when I bought it I didn't even know it had it and I've used the strobe before, it's useful. Either way, light comes first, it's very bright and cheap. I never saw it advertised any other way now that I'm looking, I think it's always has the strobe. Ive never seen or heard the "s" model your referring to. Mine is labeled just tlr1.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            berettabattler
                            Member
                            • Feb 2009
                            • 305

                            I have 2 streamlight TLR-1's and they are worth the money..

                            I have it mounted on both my P226's and are rock solid..

                            The surefire X series are nice but cost a lot more..

                            use the money saved to buy more ammo or mags for your sig..

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              626Tony
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2007
                              • 1828

                              if u got the extra $$ go veridian green laser light combo
                              Don't forget you can get it too....FOR A PRICE!!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1