Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Taurus revolvers and CCW permits

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pullnshoot25
    Banned
    • Mar 2007
    • 8068

    Taurus revolvers and CCW permits

    So I am going to be turning 21 in a couple months and I am planning to do several firearms related things.

    A) Get my C&R license.
    2) Get my CCW permit
    C) Buy a .44 Mag revolver to mate up with my .44 Mag Winchester 94 Trapper.

    (although not necessarily in that order)

    Anyways, I want to know what you guys think of Taurus and their revolvers. I would like to get one of their lighter end 4" revolvers for potential concealed carry in conjunction with the rifle or for packing out in the woods and whatnot. I have heard a lot of good things but I would like to hear it from my statesmen as well.

    I would also like to know if you guys happen to know the number of pistols you can qualify with at one time for the CCW permit. I would like to qualify with the revolver and a makarov at least so that I have some options (kind of like getting dressed in the morning, heheh)

    Thanks guys!
  • #2
    Hitman
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2005
    • 927

    A CCW in California is easier said than done.

    Well I guess it depends where you are.
    PISTOLS:
    Colt 1911 9mm Govt Model, Colt 1911 Commander 9mm, Intratec Tec22 Scorpion, Glock 17/17C RTF2 "Fish Gill", Sig P365 for EDC, AR 9mm (uses Colt SMG Mags), NFA C-5 9mm with Fostech Binary Trigger(uses HK MP5 Mags), Ruger 10/22 Charger TakeDown, Spike's Zombie 5.56 w/ Fostech Binary Trigger
    SHOTGUNS:
    AWS SPETS-12
    RIFLES:
    Colt Sporter LMT MRP Piston, Eagle Arms LMT MRP Piston, HK94/MP5 A3 Clone
    NFA:SBR/Suppressors:
    Colt LE6933 M4 Commando, MP5 PDW Clone

    Comment

    • #3
      NSTLLMNGR
      Member
      • Apr 2007
      • 219

      YOU DONT NEED TO QUALIFY FOR EACH GUN . ONCE YOU GET YOUR CCW, IF YOU GET IT , THE AGENCY YOU GOT IT THROUGH CAN JUST ADD THE FIREARM TO YOUR CCW. DO YOU LIVE IN KERN COUNTY? IF YOU DID YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING ONE WOULD BE ALOT GREATER. CONSIDERING THERE IS MORE CCWS ISSUED HERE THAN THE WHOLE STATE PUT TOGETHER.

      Comment

      • #4
        Mr. Joshua
        Senior Member
        • May 2007
        • 1513

        Eh....Taurus seems hit and miss. I'd personally stick with S&W for my wheelgun choices. I compete and train quite a bit and have seen more Taurus wheelguns eat sh*t than any other. Smith and Ruger make great revolvers, and revolvers are generally very affordable depending on what you want.

        I carry a Smith BTW.
        The user formerly known as "han_cholo"

        Comment

        • #5
          CaliTheKid
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 546

          It's worth it to save a little longer and get a Smith and Wesson or a Ruger. I CCW a Smith 342 and am very happy with it. So light it makes it impossible to make an excuse to leave it at home.

          You can have 3 guns on your permit. I have the Smith and 2 semi auto's.

          Comment

          • #6
            metalhead357
            Calguns Addict
            • Jan 2006
            • 5546

            Originally posted by NSTLLMNGR
            YOU DONT NEED TO QUALIFY FOR EACH GUN . ONCE YOU GET YOUR CCW, IF YOU GET IT , THE AGENCY YOU GOT IT THROUGH CAN JUST ADD THE FIREARM TO YOUR CCW. DO YOU LIVE IN KERN COUNTY? IF YOU DID YOUR CHANCES OF GETTING ONE WOULD BE ALOT GREATER. CONSIDERING THERE IS MORE CCWS ISSUED HERE THAN THE WHOLE STATE PUT TOGETHER.

            Easy on the caps there- in 'net speak- you're YELLING AT EVERYONE

            But according to most I know from different counties you DO need to qualify with each gun...and each renewal. I've had to......

            As for the Taurus. I love 'em, carried a Taurus 627 Tracker Total titanium for quite a while in .357; absolutely love(ed) the gun, just a little on the big side.

            Some hate Taurus as they are simply not as spit&finished as S&W..... Some claim you either love'em or hate 'em and you either get a jewel or a polished turd..........
            I've always had lck with them...they have an excellent fixer policy if something does go wrong (I've had friends with VERY MONOR issues) and they are usually only about 2/3'ds the price of a S&W if you are on a budget.

            But truth be told...they are NOT up to S&W quality...a tid bit I hate admitting. The S&W just tend to fair a lot less wear for some reason over time if you shoot A LOT..and I mean A LOT. If you are NOT going to be uising this as a daily plinker then you WONT be going wrong getting any Taurus revolver...............


            Edit to add: on the NUMBER OF PISTOLS..... it seems to range per the county. I've 4 on mine, have run acrross a few...very few with 5...while the standard seems to be 3 guns on the permit.
            Last edited by metalhead357; 10-31-2007, 12:54 AM.
            I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered....
            I am not a number! I am a free man

            1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
            2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
            3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep

            Comment

            • #7
              Maddog5150
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Feb 2006
              • 10526

              I dont hate Taurus because they arnt the spit and finish that the Smith is. I hate Taurus because out of the two Taurus handguns I have owned (PT145 and Tracker Revolver in .357) have been junk. The revolver went out of timing after just two shooting sessions and cut up my face and arms.
              Buy my EO Tech XPS3-0!!!

              For those nutjobs who like to use the word "gouge"
              Note: I did not write the above article.

              Any carpenters in Socal want a side project?

              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                metalhead357
                Calguns Addict
                • Jan 2006
                • 5546

                Originally posted by Maddog5150
                I dont hate Taurus because they arnt the spit and finish that the Smith is. I hate Taurus because out of the two Taurus handguns I have owned (PT145 and Tracker Revolver in .357) have been junk. The revolver went out of timing after just two shooting sessions and cut up my face and arms.

                We have signs for people who hate Taurus around here...MU Ha hA HA hA HA


                its ok to not like taurus...more for me!!!!!!
                I will not be pushed, filed, stamped, indexed, briefed, debriefed or numbered....
                I am not a number! I am a free man

                1.)All humanity would be better off if Stoooopid hurt.
                2.)Why is it that if guns are sooooo unsafe that you're 9 times more likely to die at the hands of your doctor?
                3.)Remember...Buy it cheap & stack it deep

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1