Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Hungarian PA-63

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • duckhunterflyfisher
    Junior Member
    • Sep 2010
    • 89

    Hungarian PA-63

    these are not C&R legal nor legal on the roster correct?

    I beleive they were but fell off the list in 2008 is that correct?
  • #2
    thedrickel
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2006
    • 5581

    Yes. Yes. Yes.

    Don't ask me why I know they fell off the roster because they were re-tested and failed. Not because of failure to pay the fees. :\
    I hate people that are full of hate.

    It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

    Comment

    • #3
      VegasND
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2007
      • 8621

      Well, I guess I now have to ask:
      "Why (how) did they fail the test which resulted in their removal from the roster?"
      Originally posted by thedrickel
      Yes. Yes. Yes.

      Don't ask me why I know they fell off the roster because they were re-tested and failed. Not because of failure to pay the fees. :\
      People don't like to be meddled with. We tell them what to do, what to think, don't run, don't walk. We're in their homes and in their heads and we haven't the right. We're meddlesome.
      --River Tam

      Comment

      • #4
        JAGGUY
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 1548

        No mag safety.. I ordered one from J&G for $119 in 08. The day it dropped off roster was the day I picked it up! Close one....
        1A-2A=-1A

        Comment

        • #5
          JeremyS
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 2014

          Originally posted by thedrickel
          Don't ask me why I know they fell off the roster because they were re-tested and failed. Not because of failure to pay the fees. :\
          Why would they be re-tested? I was under the impression that once you're on the roster you're on the roster, and all you have to do is continue paying the yearly "keep me on the roster" fee. Or am I missing something? So... Why do you feel that you know they failed some re-test for some reason?

          Lacking a mag safety isn't a reason. Again, if you were on the roster before CA required a mag safety, you don't get dropped off. Guns previously approved stay on there as long as the fees continue to be paid. For example, every 1911 that's on the roster and lacks loaded chamber indicator and mag safety, all Glocks that have been on the roster. This is why you can buy a Gen 3, because it was on there before those requirements, but you cannot buy a Gen 4 -- they both lack the requirements of LCI and mag safety, but 3 was in before that and therefore stays in.



          ...there's always the CZ-83, Polish P64 (C&R), and a few others in the same size/design category...

          .
          Last edited by JeremyS; 11-02-2011, 7:48 AM.
          Escaped to WA

          sigpic

          My YouTube Channel

          Comment

          • #6
            berg
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 1963

            I would not be surprised if it failed due to an actual failure. I had one and while nice looking, was a POS. The safety lever broke after less than 200 rounds. The magazine would drop out when I racked the slide to chamber a round. I sent it back to KBI for repair then sold it at a loss.
            __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
            The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser people are full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

            Comment

            • #7
              JAGGUY
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2008
              • 1548

              Mine was unfired when I got it. Got maybe 500 rounds through it without any problems.
              Safety/decocker was pretty stiff when new, took it apart and cleaned it thoroughly, took some of the "point" off the safety detent and it was much smoother after that.
              1A-2A=-1A

              Comment

              • #8
                thedrickel
                Calguns Addict
                • Apr 2006
                • 5581

                From what I recall the DOJ re-tested them for some reason, and they failed the drop test. So they were removed from the roster. The docs are buried on Gene's site if you care to look, relating to the roster/Pena case.
                I hate people that are full of hate.

                It's not illegal to tip for PPT!

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1