Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Smell your guns?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • surfish95747
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 467

    Smell your guns?

    Does anybody else like to smell your guns, both after shooting and after cleaning? I just love it. I think my Titegroup smells pretty good after a shesh.
  • #2
    bodger
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2009
    • 6016

    I like the gunpowder residue smell that gets on my clothes too. My sleeves always smell good to me after a shoot.

    Comment

    • #3
      CK_32
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Sep 2010
      • 14369

      Not really.

      Every now and again I get a good whiff of my lube when I fire my first few shots from my AR after a fresh lube job. I did like smelling my garage after using hoppes and ezox until I found out how toxic they were lol
      For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

      What's Your Caliber??


      My Youtube channel

      Comment

      • #4
        gadjeep
        Senior Member
        • May 2009
        • 1942

        Yep, Love it. Matter of fact, I love the smell so much I have Hoppe's #9 air fresheners in my truck.
        STUFF I HAVE FOR SALE! SCOPE RINGS, Man CAVE FRIDGE, ETC
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...30#post7299330
        http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=487541

        STUFF I WANT TO BUY! Glock 20, Marlin model 39

        Comment

        • #5
          esartori
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2010
          • 745

          Oh yeah! Does anyone else like to smell ballistol? ha

          Comment

          • #6
            SantaCabinetguy
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Feb 2011
            • 15142

            Gun smell = Man-ly smell.

            I think the lube on one of my glocks smells like an old airplane though...
            Hauoli Makahiki Hou


            -------

            Comment

            • #7
              thomasanelson
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1210

              Nope, but I never sniffed glue either!

              Comment

              • #8
                razr
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2008
                • 1415

                Yup!
                Don't take refuge in the false security of consensus.
                What you leave behind is not what is engraved in stone monuments, but what is woven into the lives of others.
                Nothing worse than an overrated F*** and an underrated S***
                iF it'S nOt an aCt of goD, iT's a ConSpirAcy. If it can be measured, it can be optimized.
                "What can be asserted without evidence can be dismissed without evidence." Chris Hitchens

                Comment

                • #9
                  shortround1
                  Senior Member
                  • Jul 2010
                  • 993

                  I like the Hoppe's #9 smell after cleaning the barrel.
                  So um... moon labia or something.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    himurax13
                    Veteran Member
                    • Aug 2009
                    • 3895

                    I love the smell of clays and solo 1000 in the morning.
                    Originally posted by Bumslie
                    HK - the best 600 dollar gun, 900 dollars can buy.
                    Originally posted by Sleighter
                    Getting legal advice from a gun salesman, is like getting medical advice from a janitor at a hospital. Both make about the same per hour and both prove that being around something all day doesn't make you an expert.

                    Lifetime NRA member.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      The Bacon Eater
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2007
                      • 2332

                      Calguns member formerly known as Long Beach

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Tier One Arms
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jul 2007
                        • 2598

                        Yep, and if you're using Frog Lube, you can taste is too

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          wrightb
                          Member
                          • Jun 2009
                          • 289

                          I worked in a gun store for a while and I liked picking up the subtle differences in smell among the different manufacturers. Franklin Armory rifles would come in smelling like banana runts every now and then
                          Blessed are the peacemakers

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            llamatrnr
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2010
                            • 4194

                            I use Hoppe's for aftershave!

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              steve91104
                              Veteran Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 2806

                              I get a whiff of cosmoline every time I open my safe. Mmmmmm....

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1