Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

At the range today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • kayaker
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 1011

    At the range today

    So, I went to the range today for the 1st time in maybe 6 months ( I go up to the rivers for kayaking a lot)
    I shot my new to me 4" 629 .44 Mag for the 1st time, in fact 1st time ever for me shooting this powerful of a handgun. I didn't think the recoil was all that bad, I shot a box of 50 and wished I'd brought more. Accuracy is on par with my other handguns with similar length barrels, standing at 25 yards I kept most shots within a 6" circle, plus a few flyers. My nephew shot it and liked it, his girlfriend shot it once and did a James Brown imitation. (Maybe ya had to be there)
    1st time shooting my Glock 22 (.40 ) with the new tac light on it. The added weight made it feel like a *****cat. Nice!
    I shot my nephews 5" Kimber .45 and was able to compare it to my Colt Commander .45. As you might expect, just a little bit easier to shoot accurately. I shot 2 magazines through the Kimber offhand and had only 1 that was outside the black.
    I like the Richmond Rod & Gun range, it has a more relaxed feel than the USI range in Concord.
    Not a bad way to waste a day.

    Kayaker
    Last edited by kayaker; 10-15-2011, 3:29 PM.
  • #2
    ElvenSoul
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Apr 2008
    • 17431

    Jealous you got to go to a range. I have to putt around all day with the GF's Fam
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      SantaCabinetguy
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Feb 2011
      • 15142

      Originally posted by kayaker
      ...I shot 2 clips magazines through the Kimber offhand and had only 1 that was outside the black.
      Sounds like fun. Whadja bring for targets?
      Hauoli Makahiki Hou


      -------

      Comment

      • #4
        kayaker
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2009
        • 1011

        Used the standard issue range targets, then taped on targets that I printed from computer download.

        Comment

        • #5
          JTROKS
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Nov 2007
          • 13093

          Any day at the range is always great time to spend a Saturday.
          The wise man said just find your place
          In the eye of the storm
          Seek the roses along the way
          Just beware of the thorns...
          K. Meine

          Comment

          • #6
            Bigtwin
            Veteran Member
            • May 2010
            • 2639

            Originally posted by JTROKS
            Any day at the range is always great time to spend a Saturday.
            Yes it is and yes I did!
            NRA MEMBER

            Comment

            • #7
              CK_32
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Sep 2010
              • 14369

              Originally posted by ElvenSoul
              Jealous you got to go to a range. I have to putt around all day with the GF's Fam
              For Sale: AR500 Lvl III+ ASC Armor

              What's Your Caliber??


              My Youtube channel

              Comment

              • #8
                JTROKS
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Nov 2007
                • 13093

                Originally posted by ElvenSoul
                I have to putt around all day with the GF's Fam
                I'd rather go reload ammo.
                The wise man said just find your place
                In the eye of the storm
                Seek the roses along the way
                Just beware of the thorns...
                K. Meine

                Comment

                • #9
                  sirgiles
                  Senior Member
                  • Oct 2008
                  • 2311

                  " a bad shoot day at the range is still a good day".

                  unsigned.
                  (saw this on the blackboard at the 10st range in san jose).
                  "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                  Bruce Lee

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    battleship
                    Veteran Member
                    • Jan 2008
                    • 4969

                    Try shooting 300 grain through her, might make your eyes water.

                    Im thinking you were shooting 230 grain.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kayaker
                      Senior Member
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 1011

                      .44 mag

                      They were Herters 240 gr. JSP. After shooting 24 rounds I did need a little break. my .40 , .45 and even .357 felt pretty mild in comparison . I'm looking foreword to trying out some "Bear" loads.

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1