Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Your favorite double stack 9mm 1911 around 1k

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • jetspeedz
    Member
    • Jul 2011
    • 436

    Your favorite double stack 9mm 1911 around 1k

    What do you guys like. Looking to buy another handgun and want a double stack 1911 9mm around 1k. Yes looking for 9 not .45 ...

    Thanks
    http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

    Informative Reviews
  • #2
    InGrAM
    Veteran Member
    • Dec 2010
    • 3699

    I hope you already have, hi-cap mags, are exempt, or do not live in CA because a double stack 9mm 1911 is useless without one of those options.

    RIA/armscor makes a wide bodied 9mm 1911 I am pretty sure.

    Comment

    • #3
      jetspeedz
      Member
      • Jul 2011
      • 436

      hi cap mag is no issue, keep the gun recommendations coming.
      looking for owners with personal experience, too bad kimber is 7rnd, does anyone know if a double stack mag will work? I believe only one 9mm kimber 1911 is on the approved list
      http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

      Informative Reviews

      Comment

      • #4
        JaeOne3345
        Senior Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 949

        Save up and buy a used a STI or SVI 2011. Trust me. I own one in .40. Took me foreverrr to save up for it but I don't regret it one bit. Gotta get it into California with a Single Shot Exemption, though.

        Comment

        • #5
          jetspeedz
          Member
          • Jul 2011
          • 436

          I was looking at the STI but i can't bring myself to spend 2k for 9mm double stack when i can get two kimbers for that price. I bet they are a great gun though. Any other double stack 1911's ?
          http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

          Informative Reviews

          Comment

          • #6
            Cyc Wid It
            Veteran Member
            • Mar 2009
            • 4485

            None that are worth a damn. 1 STI > 5 Kimbers. Are you really dead set on double stack?
            WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

            Comment

            • #7
              kmca
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 2371

              Para Ordnance, Caspian, maybe Springfield. If it makes a difference, the RIA/Armscor uses Para mags and if you can find one...it's waaaay under $1k.

              Comment

              • #8
                PRCABR4Christ
                Senior Member
                • Dec 2009
                • 954

                not 1k...but the Wilson Spec Ops 9 is a quality built piece
                Good saddles ain't cheap...and cheap saddles ain't good

                I have a custom spur and western decoration business! http://www.facebook.com/pages/JH-Spurs/211804625565944 & http://www.etsy.com/shop/JHSpurs?ref=si_shop

                Comment

                • #9
                  jetspeedz
                  Member
                  • Jul 2011
                  • 436

                  Thanks for the reply guys,

                  I read a little about the SA and it got mixed reviews, a lot of people complained out the box it needs a lot of work. I'll look at the others listed.

                  I'm set on a double stack b/c I will be using it at the range quite often. I just got back from the range and I felt bad for the guy next to me with his SA and 5rnd magazines while i got a 15 round glock double stack magazine. He spent more time reloading than shooting.
                  http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

                  Informative Reviews

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JaeOne3345
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 949

                    Originally posted by jetspeedz
                    I was looking at the STI but i can't bring myself to spend 2k for 9mm double stack when i can get two kimbers for that price. I bet they are a great gun though. Any other double stack 1911's ?
                    But the two kimbers are still not an STI, lol. That is the issue.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      JaeOne3345
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2010
                      • 949

                      I would look at the CZ75 TS if you just refuse to buy an STI for whatever reason.

                      CZ75 Tactical Sport. Look it up.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        jetspeedz
                        Member
                        • Jul 2011
                        • 436

                        Agree, ill have to think about an STI
                        http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

                        Informative Reviews

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jetspeedz
                          Member
                          • Jul 2011
                          • 436

                          Originally posted by JaeOne3345
                          I would look at the CZ75 TS if you just refuse to buy an STI for whatever reason.

                          CZ75 Tactical Sport. Look it up.
                          I'll research it thanks for the suggestion. Do you have one?
                          http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

                          Informative Reviews

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Cyc Wid It
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4485

                            SA with 5 round magazine? Do you own any 1911's currently?
                            WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              jetspeedz
                              Member
                              • Jul 2011
                              • 436

                              No i don't own any 1911's it would be my first. I'm a Glock owner looking to venture into 1911's. I'm not 100% but it sure looked like a SA 1911, but i know he had 5rnd mags.
                              http://www.youtube.com/user/jetspeed81

                              Informative Reviews

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1