Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Need a good gunsmith

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • sig1911
    Banned
    • Sep 2011
    • 60

    Need a good gunsmith

    I've only heard horror stories about gunsmiths. Can anyone refer me to a good, reliable gunsmith or engraver?
  • #2
    shooting4life
    Calguns Addict
    • Jan 2009
    • 5770

    where you live would help

    Comment

    • #3
      swifty
      Senior Member
      • Mar 2008
      • 929

      ...and what kind of work you need done.

      Comment

      • #4
        sig1911
        Banned
        • Sep 2011
        • 60

        I live in Orange county and want a couple letters engraved on the slide and trigger work

        Comment

        • #5
          JRJCP
          Senior Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 695

          What kind of handgun?
          Repair, Perform services and Custom work on 1911s

          Comment

          • #6
            sig1911
            Banned
            • Sep 2011
            • 60

            sig stainless

            Comment

            • #7
              Colt
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2007
              • 1596

              Alan Tanaka in Torrance does outstanding gunsmith work. I don't know about engraving, however.

              Comment

              • #8
                greybeard
                Senior Member
                • Nov 2008
                • 1086

                Just remember if you have a name engraved on it, resale goes down until you become famous.
                John

                The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Mr. Meeseeks
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 2951

                  Originally posted by greybeard
                  Just remember if you have a name engraved on it, resale goes down until you become famous or infamous.
                  +1 and fixed it for ya.
                  I was debating if I should say something.

                  Sig1911,
                  As much as you love it right now, you may want to part with it in the future for what ever reason. It might not be a good idea to limit your options.

                  May I suggest, getting personalized grips instead.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    zfields
                    CGN Contributor
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 13658

                    Or if you really like the gun, do what you want to it.

                    I dont understand this fixation with resale. But then again, 90% of the time when I buy something, I know im going to keep it, and before I do any personalizations, i know for sure I will be.
                    Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

                    10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Paradiddle
                      Senior Member
                      • Dec 2003
                      • 1743

                      Alan Tanaka or Jim Hoag for the trigger work. Not sure on the engraving.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        greybeard
                        Senior Member
                        • Nov 2008
                        • 1086

                        Originally posted by zfields
                        Or if you really like the gun, do what you want to it.

                        I dont understand this fixation with resale. But then again, 90% of the time when I buy something, I know im going to keep it, and before I do any personalizations, i know for sure I will be.
                        Even if we never sell it, cannot guarantee the heirs will not.
                        John

                        The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          greybeard
                          Senior Member
                          • Nov 2008
                          • 1086

                          Originally posted by loosewreck
                          +1 and fixed it for ya.
                          I was debating if I should say something.


                          May I suggest, getting personalized grips instead.
                          Thanks I considered including infamous
                          John

                          The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1