Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question about Desert Eagle XIX 44 Mag Barrel

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • semiautosniper
    Member
    • Jul 2009
    • 141

    Question about Desert Eagle XIX 44 Mag Barrel

    Does anyone know if the DE XIX 44 Mag barrel is chrome-lined or not? I was looking at the crown end of the barrel, and the bore looked very dark (not silvery). But again, I heard that all desert eagles are chrome-lined. Can anyone confirm?

    thx.

    SAS
  • #2
    crazychinaman
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 1557

    The are polygonal barrels like glock,H&k.

    Comment

    • #3
      semiautosniper
      Member
      • Jul 2009
      • 141

      yes, I know it is polygonal hammer-forged, but I want to know if it is also chrome-lined in addition, since 50AE barrels are chrome-lined. HK USPs and glocks barrels are not chrome-lined. Only HK MK23 is chrome-lined. Glock barrels are salt-bath treated.

      Anyone?

      Comment

      • #4
        Guns R Tools
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2005
        • 1782

        I don't think any barrels are chrome lined.
        You should ask Magnum Research for definite answer.
        'Cuz big holes are easier to see.

        You can correct my spelling and grammar error anytime.
        I welcome it. How else would I learn.

        Comment

        • #5
          semiautosniper
          Member
          • Jul 2009
          • 141

          I called Magnum Research, and the answer I got was quite vague. The tech rep told me that Israeli-made barrels are all hammer forged and chrome-lined, and when I asked him why the muzzle/crown end of the barrel does not contain silvery chrome coating (chrome flash), the answer was that "they cut them differently..." So I don't know...

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1