Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone KNOW about the Bersa Thunder .380?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • GlockOn
    Member
    • Sep 2007
    • 290

    Anyone KNOW about the Bersa Thunder .380?

    Hey Guys,
    This may sound funny since I work in a gun shop, but does anyone on here have any experience with the Bersa Thunder .380? I've heard mixed reviews, but everyone I've talked to just tells me what they've HEARD. I would like to hear from anyone who has FIRST HAND experience, meaning, you own one, or at least that you have actually fired one...
    A lot of people have offered me opinions based on stating the obvious, such as, "That gun is cheap." Why yes, I know this, I've got it for sale at Ade's for $249. I'm not looking for something to shoot competition with, just an in-expensive piece to have fun with. Also, I'm just dying to add yet another caliber to my gun show grocery list A word of advice to those who have yet to diversify their collection by adding many different calibers, try not to, it's a pain to have to buy 9 different calibers of handgun ammo. Try to pick a few different calibers and stick to those, it is much less of a pain. The price is what's really attractive.... So any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks guys.

    Andrew

    Andrew
    Glock Certified Armorer

    "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."
    -Fear No Evil-
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlockOn?ref=si_shop
  • #2
    Bobula
    Calguns Addict
    • May 2007
    • 9386

    I never should have sold mine, I had a thunder .380 duo tone. It was amazingly accurate and I have 0 ftf/fte's with over 1k rounds.
    Hands down an awesome gun for the money.
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    Yeah, don't tell that rat bastard Kestryll, he'll shut it down.

    Fascist pig....

    Comment

    • #3
      GlockOn
      Member
      • Sep 2007
      • 290

      Originally posted by Bobula
      I never should have sold mine, I had a thunder .380 duo tone. It was amazingly accurate and I have 0 ftf/fte's with over 1k rounds.
      Hands down an awesome gun for the money.
      Good to know. Thanks for the input!!

      Andrew
      Glock Certified Armorer

      "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."
      -Fear No Evil-
      http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlockOn?ref=si_shop

      Comment

      • #4
        GlockOn
        Member
        • Sep 2007
        • 290

        Originally posted by kimbercarry
        i do have personal exp.the main thing that the bersa has as a draw back is the grip screws. they loosen after some shooting.you will need to put blue lock tight on them.they are very reliable.more liable than the ppk and for much less.it does have as much if not alittle more recoil than a 9 because the barrel is fixed to the frame.it does have a mag disconnect.i don't recall the round count but the mag dis spring does break. you can however still shoot it upside down. and it is easy to fix.i wish i could figure out how to completly disconnect the mag disconnect.380 ammo is more expensive than 9mm
        THANKS!!!

        Andrew
        Glock Certified Armorer

        "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."
        -Fear No Evil-
        http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlockOn?ref=si_shop

        Comment

        • #5
          Bobula
          Calguns Addict
          • May 2007
          • 9386

          I forgot about the grips screws, and those little bersa keys (for the built in lock) are so easy to loose.
          Originally posted by Kestryll
          Yeah, don't tell that rat bastard Kestryll, he'll shut it down.

          Fascist pig....

          Comment

          • #6
            vega
            Veteran Member
            • Oct 2005
            • 2972

            I did had one, Super Thunder 380 15 rdr. I sold it to my brother when I moved here. Does not like reloads but will eat factory loads. Accurate little bastard. Sure I would get another one given the chance but I don't like the safety mag disconnect.

            Comment

            • #7
              WokMaster1
              Part time Emperor
              CGN Contributor - Lifetime
              • Mar 2006
              • 5436

              No issues here. Love it.
              "Good friends, good food & good wine. Anything else is just a waste of soy sauce.":)

              Comment

              • #8
                kalibear
                Yo
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Oct 2005
                • 604

                +1 here, mine was very accurate out of the box and I like the trigger
                "Want me to punch-i-size your face, for free?" ~ RF

                Comment

                • #9
                  GlockOn
                  Member
                  • Sep 2007
                  • 290

                  WOW, I can't believe the positive responses, I really wasn't expecting to hear all this good stuff, I think I'm gonna pick one up this week.

                  Andrew
                  Glock Certified Armorer

                  "Evil flourishes when good men do nothing."
                  -Fear No Evil-
                  http://www.etsy.com/shop/GlockOn?ref=si_shop

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Bobula
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2007
                    • 9386

                    I think i'mgonna go by one again now
                    Originally posted by Kestryll
                    Yeah, don't tell that rat bastard Kestryll, he'll shut it down.

                    Fascist pig....

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      AresXD40
                      Junior Member
                      • Sep 2006
                      • 89

                      I like my wife's. It is a sweet little pistol. Wouldn't mind picking up one for myself seeing it is the wife's gun, however I have been bitten buy the 1911 bug for now.
                      Stuff and stuff.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        KenpoProfessor
                        Banned
                        • Mar 2006
                        • 1780

                        I have one, bought a second and my buddy's wife loved it for her CCW so he's got it now. Great guns, won't feed PMC ammo for some reason though my Keltec P3AT eats it.

                        Lotsa people here in AZ use them as CCW.

                        Have a great gun carryin' Kenpo day

                        Clyde

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1