Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Recommend a good light/laser combo for me

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Massan
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2010
    • 1042

    Recommend a good light/laser combo for me

    Currently got my eyes on 3, any inputs or recommendations are welcomed.

    Surefire X400
    The world’s finest illumination tools and tactical gear for those who go in harm’s way and who demand the ultimate in performance, innovation, and quality.


    Streamlight TLR-2


    Insight M6
  • #2
    Heiko
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 1025

    What's your budget? The TLR-2 is a good one for a decent price. The X400 is mucho bucks but nice. The Insight would have to be a LED version to be considered but I would rule it out in favor of the aluminum bodied TLR-2 and X400.

    I went wih a TLR-2.

    Comment

    • #3
      XDRoX
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 4420

      Personally I'd get the least expensive of the three. Some of those lights are way over priced. I have an Insight and it works fine. I have no idea how it compares in price to the others, but back when I needed a light, that's all I could find. I remember it being expensive at the time. I don't remember how much it was though.
      Chris
      <----Rimfire Addict


      Originally posted by Oceanbob
      Get a DILLON...

      Comment

      • #4
        BayouBullets
        Member
        • Aug 2011
        • 275

        I own a Streamlight TLR-2. The strobe effect takes a little practice, but I LOVE the easy finger flip controls just past my trigger. ZERO complaints on the unit. I don't know about the other two, but I wouldn't hesitate to say pull the trigger on one like mine.
        9mm and 45acp are equally lousy. There's not a dime's worth of difference in REAL terminal ballistics. Get over it.

        Comment

        • #5
          Rafale
          Member
          • Jan 2011
          • 164

          The Viridian C5L seems to be popular - Green laser is the best!

          Comment

          • #6
            Massan
            Senior Member
            • Jul 2010
            • 1042

            Not quite as worried about price, cheaperthandirt has them for pretty much the same price so im wondering more on weight/balance, functionality, reliability, etc.

            Comment

            • #7
              osxgp
              Member
              • Jun 2010
              • 435

              I have 2 of the Insight M6 led versions and a Viridian X5L. All work fine but the Viridian isnt an easy on easy off laser/light combo like the Insight. I think Surefire is an excellent product but the price is too steep for me. I'd like to try the Streamlight combo because it is aluminum, but the polymer Insight hasn't been a problem.

              Comment

              • #8
                Gts408
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 325

                Tlr-2. Pretty happy with it on my G17.
                The second amendment protects our Freedoms.

                Comment

                • #9
                  tonyxcom
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Aug 2011
                  • 6397

                  There is also the X5L Gen 2 which is a lot different than the previous version.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    pyromensch
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Mar 2010
                    • 6881

                    Originally posted by BayouBullets
                    I own a Streamlight TLR-2. The strobe effect takes a little practice, but I LOVE the easy finger flip controls just past my trigger. ZERO complaints on the unit. I don't know about the other two, but I wouldn't hesitate to say pull the trigger on one like mine.
                    you must have the tlr-2s.
                    i have the tlr-2 like/d it, but have a few issues, laser has been acting up, and now i can't get, the light only to work. been procrastinating, about sending it in for repairs.
                    That may be a CG first!



                    Spyder

                    "You guys need to take more drugs. Then you can TASTE the sound, and HEAR the light!"

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      djleisure
                      Veteran Member
                      • Aug 2008
                      • 4734

                      +1 on the TLR-2. Easy function and rugged.
                      ------------------------------------------------------------
                      iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        D.M.C.
                        Member
                        • Jun 2008
                        • 180

                        I got a Viridian C5L on my CZ and it's pretty handy and easy to reach with the trigger finger extended outside of the guard. The green laser is *very* bright and visible. The light is strong and strobes pretty intensely. The only thing is that switching modes is not something you can do at the 'ready' position as your offhand has to cycle through the selection modes of laser/light combos. Once you know what mode you want though, it's easy to turn on and off.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          dalriaden
                          Veteran Member
                          • Jun 2011
                          • 4556

                          +1 on the tlr-2 have had it for 3 years and 0 issues

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            RollingCode3
                            Veteran Member
                            • Oct 2005
                            • 3221

                            I dont like light and laser on the same unit.

                            Crimson trace + tlr/surefire =
                            Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              redcliff
                              Calguns Addict
                              • Feb 2008
                              • 5676

                              I agree with RollingCode3 that the Crimson Trace grips are very good and they generally keep the laser closer to the bore center line. You also still have a laser even if the light is removed.

                              However on my 1911 with a rail I prefer custom grips so use an Insight M6. Mine has been excellent, and is very easy to install/remove without any tools needed to tighten it and it has not marred my finish at all.
                              "You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means."
                              "What we get away with isn't usually the same as what's good for us"
                              "An extended slide stop is the second most useless part you can put on a 1911"

                              "While Ruger DA revolvers may be built like a tank, they have the aesthetics of one also,
                              although I suppose there are a few tanks which I owe an apology to for that remark"

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1