Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P cuts my shirts

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dzrtvet
    Junior Member
    • Aug 2011
    • 43

    M&P cuts my shirts

    Is anyone else experiencing damage to their shirts when wearing the S&W MP with thumb safety?
  • #2
    Fate
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2006
    • 9545

    Further evidence that the M&P isn't supposed to have a manual safety.
    sigpic "On bended knee is no way to be free." - Eddie Vedder, "Guaranteed"

    "Let your gun therefore be the constant companion of your walks." -Thomas Jefferson
    , in a letter to his nephew Peter Carr dated August 19, 1785

    Comment

    • #3
      zfields
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2010
      • 13658

      Originally posted by Fate
      Further evidence that the M&P isn't supposed to have a manual safety.
      sorta like the XD 45 with manual safety, come depts require it.
      Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

      10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

      Comment

      • #4
        Ksmash01
        Junior Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 1308

        Originally posted by Fate
        Further evidence that the M&P isn't supposed to have a manual safety.
        Although the M&P's I own don't have the manual safety, I'd say that one with a manual safety isn't as good for CCW as on without.

        I'd guess that's the main problem.

        If you're wearing OWB, then hmmmmm.....file the sharp edges???
        Originally posted by Huey Freeman

        Jesus was Black, Ronald Reagan was the devil, and the Government lied about 9/11.
        Sub2k 9mm and Buckmark Rifle for sale:
        http://https://www.calguns.net/calgu...4#post25082924
        Bersa Thunder .380 Auto For Sale:
        https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/...d.php?t=489111
        Romeo 4T and DPMS Upper for Sale:
        https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1417379
        https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1624850

        Comment

        • #5
          JanG
          Senior Member
          • Oct 2009
          • 1005

          or you can remove the thumb safety... anybody know if that could create legality problems?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
          Reply With Quote

          Originally posted by AutoDriver
          Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

          Comment

          • #6
            Killawhale415
            Senior Member
            • Oct 2009
            • 1118

            Originally posted by JanG
            or you can remove the thumb safety... anybody know if that could create legality problems?
            No problem, you could remove the safeties off all your weapons if you so desire.

            The only problem I can see is if its a dept. or agency gun, but thats a different story.
            Name: Dobalina, Mr.Bob Dobalina
            Originally posted by kielbasavw
            There's a reason why the feds stopped using the 10mm it went right through the enemy every time, so they moved to the .40.
            Originally posted by walter
            I was at Calguns before you

            Comment

            • #7
              InGrAM
              Veteran Member
              • Dec 2010
              • 3699

              Originally posted by JanG
              or you can remove the thumb safety... anybody know if that could create legality problems?
              Well, I have read a few times (in firearms magazines) about DA's trying to prosecute people for disconnecting the magazine disconnect safety in their legally owned pistols. But, I do not know what would happen for sure. I would say just to be safe, do not modify your carry firearm, just in case.

              Comment

              • #8
                JanG
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 1005

                Originally posted by InGrAM
                Well, I have read a few times (in firearms magazines) about DA's trying to prosecute people for disconnecting the magazine disconnect safety in their legally owned pistols. But, I do not know what would happen for sure. I would say just to be safe, do not modify your carry firearm, just in case.
                i've thought about doing it to my m&p45 but changed my mind in the event i do have to use it, the firearm is as safe as the manufacturer says it is. and besides, it helps place my thumb in a position that is familiar with my 1911 and i think it helps me control recoil too. of course i don't have a ccw, and if i do get one i might spring for the no thumb safety model.
                (\__/)
                (='.'=)
                (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
                Reply With Quote

                Originally posted by AutoDriver
                Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

                Comment

                • #9
                  Boltz
                  Member
                  • Sep 2010
                  • 406

                  Originally posted by InGrAM
                  Well, I have read a few times (in firearms magazines) about DA's trying to prosecute people for disconnecting the magazine disconnect safety in their legally owned pistols. But, I do not know what would happen for sure. I would say just to be safe, do not modify your carry firearm, just in case.
                  I never understood exactly what you would get charged with for removing a mag disconnect. It's not like doing that turns a pistol into some kinda illegal cop-killing assault weapon. If you justifiably shoot someone, a mag disconnect has nothing to do with anything.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    JanG
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 1005

                    i've read that some prosecutors try to rationalize that you are careless and vindictive for removing a safety feature on your weapon. and by removing safeties, you have been planning on using that weapon on another human being as soon as the opportunity arises.
                    (\__/)
                    (='.'=)
                    (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
                    Reply With Quote

                    Originally posted by AutoDriver
                    Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Can't buy anything here
                      Senior Member
                      • May 2006
                      • 797

                      Originally posted by dzrtvet
                      Is anyone else experiencing damage to their shirts when wearing the S&W MP with thumb safety?
                      Just get a holster with a slide shield...
                      3 day waiting period???? but I'm mad now!!!!!!

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        quickstop
                        Junior Member
                        • Mar 2011
                        • 34

                        How about having the sharp edges removed and leave the safety, almost all production guns have these sharp edges, a gunsmith can make the gun like a well used bar of soap.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Ron-Solo
                          In Memoriam
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 8581

                          Originally posted by JanG
                          i've read that some prosecutors try to rationalize that you are careless and vindictive for removing a safety feature on your weapon. and by removing safeties, you have been planning on using that weapon on another human being as soon as the opportunity arises.
                          I don't see that happening unless you claimed accidental discharge as a defense.
                          LASD Retired
                          1978-2011

                          NRA Life Member
                          CRPA Life Member
                          NRA Rifle Instructor
                          NRA Shotgun Instructor
                          NRA Range Safety Officer
                          DOJ Certified Instructor

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            JanG
                            Senior Member
                            • Oct 2009
                            • 1005

                            the other thing is s&w makes m&p's without thumb safeties so removing your thumb safety should still be within the safety guidelines of the manufacturer.
                            (\__/)
                            (='.'=)
                            (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
                            Reply With Quote

                            Originally posted by AutoDriver
                            Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Vanilla Gorilla
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Aug 2010
                              • 11015

                              Originally posted by Boltz
                              I never understood exactly what you would get charged with for removing a mag disconnect. It's not like doing that turns a pistol into some kinda illegal cop-killing assault weapon. If you justifiably shoot someone, a mag disconnect has nothing to do with anything.
                              the prosecutor can try to paint you in a bad light by saying things like "he removed the safety from the gun to make it easier to kill people" or "he modified his gun in such a way that it would make it quicker to kill people" it is all about making you look like you were out looking to kill and the dude trying to mug you was just out for a walk i know removing safeties wont do anything you know this too but the jury is stupid and most of the time will think removing the safety from the gun makes the gun now unsafe
                              That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
                              -John McClane

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1