Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ar pistol muzzle device recommendation?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
  • #17
    12voltguy
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2006
    • 4003

    Comment

    • #18
    • #19
      FeuerFrei
      Calguns Addict
      • Aug 2008
      • 7455

      I honestly don't see a need to run any brake on a my 7.5" AR pistol.
      Run an A2 hider on it first and see for yourself. it works for me.
      Unless you want something for the "cool" factor. Then feel free to spend the $.

      Comment

      • #20
        djleisure
        Veteran Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 4734

        Originally posted by richie3888
        Yep, works great on a rifle if you don't want to consider your neighbors. The thing with an AR pistol/SBR is that technically you would want to direct the blast forward and away from yourself (and ostensibly your teammates) like the KX3, Levang Linear, TROY Claymore, et al do... But I'm guessing you're not an "operator" and that's just not a concern, so the Miculek is a great choice.
        ------------------------------------------------------------
        iTrader protip: When I buy something from you and I immediately pay, then my part is done. That's all I have to do. You can leave me iTrader feedback and go on with your life. When I get the item, I will leave you iTrader feedback, assuming you've already done your part. See how that works?

        Comment

        • #21
          NiteQwill
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2007
          • 6368


          The fate of the wounded rest in the hands of the ones who apply the first dressing.

          Comment

          • #22
            Thecrazyone1
            Member
            • Sep 2010
            • 466

            I have a KX3 clone, and a thread protector. I prefer the thread protector (from Midway) It's alot more fun because you can see the muzzle flash and it still directs the sound mostly forward because it gives a slight lip to the barrel. It also looks cool because it made my barrel almost flush with the quad rail.

            You might also want consider a fake can...

            Comment

            • #23
              Jeepers
              Veteran Member
              • Sep 2009
              • 3415

              my question is , mind you i dont have a AR pistol, how do you "try" or change different muzzle devices when they have to be pinned and welded on a pistol ? or did something change that we can have threaded barrels on a pistol ?
              Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
              Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

              Comment

              • #24
                ke6guj
                Moderator
                CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                • Nov 2003
                • 23725

                Originally posted by Jeepers
                my question is , mind you i dont have a AR pistol, how do you "try" or change different muzzle devices when they have to be pinned and welded on a pistol ?
                they don't have to be pinned and welded on CA-legal AR-pistols.

                or did something change that we can have threaded barrels on a pistol ?
                nothing changed. In CA, threaded barrels are only restricted on semi-automatic pistols that have a detachable mag.
                Jack



                Do you want an AOW or C&R SBS/SBR in CA?

                No posts of mine are to be construed as legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

                Comment

                • #25
                  Jeepers
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 3415

                  Originally posted by ke6guj
                  they don't have to be pinned and welded on CA-legal AR-pistols.

                  nothing changed. In CA, threaded barrels are only restricted on semi-automatic pistols that have a detachable mag.
                  oh thank you i didnt know threaded was ok on fixed mags ... thats why i love this place great info
                  Originally posted by Ronald Reagan
                  Before I refuse to take your questions, I have an opening statement.

                  Comment

                  • #26
                    EBR Works
                    Vendor/Retailer
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 10492

                    FWIW, I have the PWS CQB on one of our rental guns. People definitely like the way it looks tucked under a carbine FF handguard. With XM193 ammo the fireball is still substantial indoors but the blast and recoil is minimal. It definitely reduces felt recoil as compared to an A2 FH. I have not personally tried any of the other available muzzle devices yet so YMMV.
                    .
                    .
                    .
                    .


                    Check out our e-commerce site here:

                    www.ebrworks.com

                    Serving you from Prescott, AZ

                    Comment

                    • #27
                      1lowluv
                      Senior Member
                      • Mar 2011
                      • 946

                      I ran a YHM phantom flash hider on mine. I could rapid fire it with very little muzzle rise
                      Cerakote and Stippling https://www.facebook.com/HammerGunWorx

                      Comment

                      Working...
                      UA-8071174-1