Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Question for revolver gurus

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    not-fishing
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2009
    • 2270

    How about one of these.



    I know it's a bit of a compromise with a 3" barrel and 5 shot but I've been seriously looking at it as a more concealable .357 than my 686 SSR (Buick).

    The longer grip works with my big paws.
    Spreading the WORD according to COLT. and Smith, Wesson, Ruger, HK, Sig, High Standard, Browning

    Comment

    • #17
      bwiese
      I need a LIFE!!
      • Oct 2005
      • 27621

      It may well not be applicable here - and I may be all wet - but one issue in moving bbls across guns can involve sight height issues.

      I'm unsure if all L frame barrels on all guns (say, 686 vs 620) are positioned at the same height in relation to the top strap/rear sight, so there could be nontrivial sight work/replacement required.

      This IS an issue, for example, in trying to move barrels back & forth between regular Ruger (super) Blackhawks and the separate "Hunter" variations. [Threading may be different too, unsure.]

      I *do* really like the new production Model 10s with their 'heavy profile' (not quite 'bull') barrels. While they are K frames they do seem to have frame improvements that might allow for more regular/frequent use of 357 vs 38Spl,

      Bill Wiese
      San Jose, CA

      CGF Board Member / NRA Benefactor Life Member / CRPA life member
      sigpic
      No postings of mine here, unless otherwise specifically noted, are
      to be construed as formal or informal positions of the Calguns.Net
      ownership, The Calguns Foundation, Inc. ("CGF"), the NRA, or my
      employer. No posts of mine on Calguns are to be construed as
      legal advice, which can only be given by a lawyer.

      Comment

      • #18
        Cowboy T
        Calguns Addict
        • Mar 2010
        • 5725

        Originally posted by bwiese
        I *do* really like the new production Model 10s with their 'heavy profile' (not quite 'bull') barrels. While they are K frames they do seem to have frame improvements that might allow for more regular/frequent use of 357 vs 38Spl,
        I like them too, but wouldn't a cylinder swap be needed for that, given the longer case length of the .357M round? And even then, I'm not sure if the frame for 10's and 19's are heat-treated differently. This is indeed true for Ruger Super Redhawk 44M's and .454 Casulls--not just the cylinder, but the frame as well.
        "San Francisco Liberal With A Gun"
        F***ing with people's heads, one gun show at a time. Hallelujah!
        http://www.sanfranciscoliberalwithagun.com (reloading info w/ videos)
        http://www.liberalsguncorner.com (podcast)
        http://www.youtube.com/sfliberal (YouTube channel)
        ----------------------------------------------------
        To be a true Liberal, you must be 100% pro-Second Amendment. Anything less is inconsistent with liberalism.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1