Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Help Installing M&P Front Sight.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • speeddreamz
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 877

    Help Installing M&P Front Sight.

    I'm installing some Ameriglo's sights, wondering if you have any tips for me before I start?

    I'm using a vise grip with rubber grip, punches brass with masking tape.

    ... anything else?

    Looking at the rear of the slide, slight punches out going from right to left correct? (Front)


    Rear sight installed,

    Front sight is tight as hell, I'm not missing a hex screw am I ?

    Can't get the front out without exerting more force than I think is reasonable...

    ----------------
    Using this as the guide... his front sight came right out...




    ----------------------






    Hope it looks like this when I finish.
  • #2
    RobT2K
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2005
    • 726

    I've heard that the front can be very tough. Probably shouldn't do it with a punch. There was someone here selling/making a basic sight pusher for a good price, I'm planning on getting one before changing the front sight on my m&p.

    Comment

    • #3
      c.j.
      Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 116

      Check out dafish's sight tool on here. Very reasonable and pretty darn universal.

      Comment

      • #4
        speeddreamz
        Senior Member
        • Aug 2008
        • 877

        neat, think i'll pick that universal sight tool up. Still would like to know how to do with an old fashioned punch?

        Perhaps I should soak the sight beforehand? Pb blaster?

        Comment

        • #5
          RobT2K
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2005
          • 726

          Originally posted by c.j.
          Check out dafish's sight tool on here. Very reasonable and pretty darn universal.
          That's the one I was talking about!
          Heres the link to his FS thread-

          Sight Tool

          Comment

          • #6
            speeddreamz
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2008
            • 877

            nevermind got it. just needed some PB blaster, more persuasion and a steel punch instead of a brass one.

            Comment

            • #7
              JanG
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2009
              • 1005

              looking from the back of the pistol (as if aiming), do the sights come off left to right or vice versa? i just picked up my mp45 and looking to get some new sights soon.
              (\__/)
              (='.'=)
              (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
              Reply With Quote

              Originally posted by AutoDriver
              Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

              Comment

              • #8
                locosway
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2009
                • 11346

                First, STOP!!!

                Put some wood in your vise and then clamp down the slide!

                Second, move the front of the slide closer to the vise so you don't bend anything, and it'll give you a more solid foundation when using a punch.
                OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                NRA Certified Instructor
                CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                Glock Certified Armorer

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1