Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

EAA Witness Elite Match

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blue Ridge Reef
    Senior Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 901

    EAA Witness Elite Match

    I'm considering one of these in 9mm as my next purchase. Reviews online have ranged from "Better than my $3,000 1911," to "Slide broke on the 1st magazine." I'll be buying this one without benefit of shooting first. Any experienced opinions appreciated! Thanks in advance.
    Citizen.
  • #2
    Target19
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 613

    I prefer the CZ 75 SP-01 Shadow from CZCUSTOM

    Comment

    • #3
      nick
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      CGN Contributor
      • Aug 2008
      • 19152

      I have one in .40. It's an amazing gun, VERY accurate, and with the trigger I've only seen matched on good 1911s. At the same time, it ate any ammo I threw at it, including several kinds of HPs. It's very tight, and the barrel sits rather low, which is nice. Due to weight it pretty much takes the snap out of shooting .40, even with 165gr bullets.

      My only complain isn't with the gun, but with trying to order something from EAA. The people who pick up the phone have very little knowledge of what they're selling, which tends to be an issue when you're trying to order mags and want to make sure that you get the larger mags that would fit your newer gun and get the part number for the smaller mags used with older guns. When you receive them and discover that you can use them in your CZ-75, but not in the Witness you bought them for (newer Witnesses have larger magwells), call EAA and ask them what the hell is going on, and the answer you receive is, "I'm sorry, those were the only 10-rnd mags we had...", well...

      The gun itself is nothing short of amazing though. I was going to wish you good luck finding it, but I see that you're in NC, so no luck is needed. Get it, and you will enjoy it
      DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

      DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        huckberry668
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2007
        • 1502

        My story might be unique but the customer service feedback seemed to be the norm at the time it happened. My customer service experience with EAA was extemely negative. The one who was 2nd in command that worked on my gun was rude and didn't know squat about accuracy. Their staff seemed to be afraid of him too.

        I sent back a Limited that was shooting 8" 25-yard groups with keyholes. He 'adjusted' the barrel and sent it back. it still shoots the same way so obviously he didn't test it for accuracy. He also replaced the 'aftermarket' trigger parts and charged me for the warranty and parts but refused to send them back to me.

        I've never bought, recommend or touched any EAA products after that experience 11 years ago. They could be different nowadays... but I still wouldn't buy their stuff.
        GCC
        NRA Certified Pistol Instructor
        Don't count your hits and congratulate yourself, count your misses and know why.

        Comment

        • #5
          Blue Ridge Reef
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 901

          This is going to be a tough decision. The pros and cons are both pretty extreme. The reviews seem to be too good to be true for a $550 dollar pistol.
          Citizen.

          Comment

          • #6
            nick
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor
            CGN Contributor
            • Aug 2008
            • 19152

            Originally posted by Blue Ridge Reef
            This is going to be a tough decision. The pros and cons are both pretty extreme. The reviews seem to be too good to be true for a $550 dollar pistol.
            Well, for that price, the risk is minimal. I paid more for mine due to it being off-roster here.
            DiaHero Foundation - helping people manage diabetes. Sending diabetes supplies to Ukraine now, any help is appreciated.

            DDR AK furniture and Norinco M14 parts kit: https://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/....php?t=1756292
            sigpic

            Comment

            • #7
              Blue Ridge Reef
              Senior Member
              • Nov 2010
              • 901

              How do you like it, Nick?
              Citizen.

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1