Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bought a CZ P-01 yesterday........

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • missiontrails
    Calguns Addict
    • Nov 2008
    • 7879

    Bought a CZ P-01 yesterday........

    I don't get it for 10 days obviously. I just sold my Glock 21, and I had a Beretta 92FS prior to that. I missed the $10/box 9mm ammo for practice shooting. I was torn between a Beretta 92FS Type A1, and a CZ 75B. Then I saw and read about the P-01 model. At first I was a little apprehensive about the 3.9" barrel, but then I viewed range reports from this gun, and realized that guys were dinging metal targets @ 50 yards easily. Even though it has a barrel just short of 4" (similar to FP FNP 9, and Beretta Strom etc), the entire gun measures only a pinch shorter than a Glock 17, so the sight radius can't be all that bad. Plus, it has a rail. Then I read about the NATO designation.... blah blah...... I think it will be a durable shooter.
  • #2
    sephy
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2007
    • 1146

    I have one and love it. Very accurate and reliable. You will not be disappointed

    Comment

    • #3
      Joe Register
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2006
      • 1309

      How is the trigger on yours?

      Comment

      • #4
        sephy
        Senior Member
        • Jul 2007
        • 1146

        Originally posted by Joe Register
        How is the trigger on yours?
        When I first got it the trigger was pretty stiff. It stayed pretty stiff for several hundred rounds then mellowed out. The DA is still sort of a stretch but with no safety I wouldn't want it any lighter!

        I'd also recommend getting a Kadet kit for it. If you do, make sure to get in touch with CZ. The Kadet slide release will not work in the P01 and the P01's release does not hold the slide back after the last round. CZ will send you a PCR slide release which will solve the problem.

        Comment

        • #5
          tuna quesadilla
          Calguns Addict
          • Apr 2006
          • 5147

          The P01 is my very favorite pistol.

          In fact I think I'm gonna buy a second one as a birthday present to myself.

          Comment

          • #6
            SIGman Freud
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 877

            I love my P-01! I'm gonna take it out later for a trip to the range after work this evening, along with my Beretta 92 and Sig SP2022!

            Comment

            • #7
              stormy_clothing
              Banned
              • Dec 2008
              • 2809

              thread of this tone is one of winning I call foul however

              Expert guides and deeply researched reviews to help you get prepared for emergencies without wasting time or money.

              Comment

              • #8
                BANG BANG
                • Jul 2010
                • 2972

                My P0-1 was my first handgun purschase. It's seen over 3k rdsby now and has always been reliable and accurate
                sigpic

                Need Auto Collision repair / Bay Area ? See my thread !!

                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=476124

                Comment

                • #9
                  missiontrails
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 7879

                  Originally posted by stormy_clothing
                  thread of this tone is one of winning I call foul however

                  http://www.theprepared.com/index.php...ask=view&id=90
                  You are trolling...... You dropped this same EXACT post in a Beretta 92FS discussion thread a couple of hours ago. So, I will tell you the same thing here... NO Glock has a NATO serial number/NATO certification. Um, last I checked, the P-01 has that, along with better accuracy than a GLOCK 17 or 19. Not knocking Glocks, I have owned a few.... just stating facts.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    wang949
                    Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 382

                    Congrats. Random question: when did the p-01 come to the US market?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      missiontrails
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Nov 2008
                      • 7879

                      Originally posted by wang949
                      Congrats. Random question: when did the p-01 come to the US market?
                      I want to say 2005-ish?? I bought this one from Turners.......

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        evolixsurf
                        Senior Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 919

                        buying that is a no brainer. They shoot and feel soooooo sweet. Super accurate too.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          zippo
                          Senior Member
                          • May 2005
                          • 1254

                          Originally posted by wang949
                          Congrats. Random question: when did the p-01 come to the US market?


                          my P-01 is made in 2003 that will be almost first P-01 with NATO number on frame.

                          I belive they(CZ) start bring P-01 since 2002 same year with NATO serial number/NATO certification.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            missiontrails
                            Calguns Addict
                            • Nov 2008
                            • 7879

                            Originally posted by zippo
                            my P-01 is made in 2003 that will be almost first P-01 with NATO number on frame.

                            I belive they(CZ) start bring P-01 since 2002 same year with NATO serial number/NATO certification.
                            Do you feel that you gave up any accuracy due to the 3.9" barrel, compared to say the 4.9" barrel of a 92FS or the 4.7" barrel of the 75B?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              SIGman Freud
                              Senior Member
                              • Jan 2009
                              • 877

                              Originally posted by missiontrails
                              Do you feel that you gave up any accuracy due to the 3.9" barrel, compared to say the 4.9" barrel of a 92FS or the 4.7" barrel of the 75B?
                              Not at all!

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1