Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger LC9

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • scfrogmansc
    Senior Member
    • Oct 2009
    • 615

    Ruger LC9

    Thinking about buying one tomorrow what do you guys think?
    When zombies come alive... I am ready are you?

    AR-15, AK-47, M24(rem 700), dual 357s, 1911, rem 870 swat, and 17HMR. round count 20k+
  • #2
    sniper4usmc
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 1984

    USMC 95-99

    Comment

    • #3
      loose_electron
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2010
      • 784

      search the site here there have been some range reports - people dont like the long trigger pull, but I have not shot one.
      "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
      "The answers to life's biggest questions are not found on Google." Author Unknown
      San Diego CA - Sig Sauer P226 9mm & Mosquito, Bersa Thunder, Ruger LCR & LCP, S&W 22A, SA 1911 9mm, Beretta 92SF 9mm, Marlin 60

      Comment

      • #4
        brianm767
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 2394

        I have not shot one yet, and yes I am a big Ruger fan, I loved my LCP, but I personally would not buy one, I'd buy a Kahr CW9 or if finances permitted, I'd buy a Kahr P9 or PM9 (my choice) and if I didn't like Kahrs, which I do, I'd find me a Keltek PF9.

        IMOP the Ruger is too heavy when compared to IMOP better options, and I do not want a safety , since the reason I would be buying it would be for a defensive weapon.

        But If you like it, and it feels good to you, I'm sure it's a fine gun,

        Comment

        • #5
          RollingCode3
          Veteran Member
          • Oct 2005
          • 3221

          Originally posted by brianm767
          I have not shot one yet, and yes I am a big Ruger fan, I loved my LCP, but I personally would not buy one, I'd buy a Kahr CW9 or if finances permitted, I'd buy a Kahr P9 or PM9 (my choice) and if I didn't like Kahrs, which I do, I'd find me a Keltek PF9.

          IMOP the Ruger is too heavy when compared to IMOP better options, and I do not want a safety , since the reason I would be buying it would be for a defensive weapon.

          But If you like it, and it feels good to you, I'm sure it's a fine gun,
          +1 on this. Bought the LC9 sold it a few days later. The guy that bought it from me, sold it a few days later too. We both didn't like the trigger. Just bought the Kahr CW9.... love everything about it. The Kahr CM9 is the cheaper version of the PM9 and it is 200 bucks cheaper.

          Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

          Comment

          • #6
            yzErnie
            CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Mar 2007
            • 6310

            Originally posted by RollingCode3
            The Kahr CM9 is the cheaper version of the PM9 and it is 200 bucks cheaper.
            The CW9 and the PM9 are two completely different guns. The PM9 is smaller than the CW9, the PM9 has more hand work into it with the rounded edges and it is one of the smallest 9mm handguns available. They are similar but yet very different.
            The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

            Originally posted by RazoE
            I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

            Comment

            • #7
              RollingCode3
              Veteran Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 3221

              Originally posted by yzernie
              The CW9 and the PM9 are two completely different guns. The PM9 is smaller than the CW9, the PM9 has more hand work into it with the rounded edges and it is one of the smallest 9mm handguns available. They are similar but yet very different.
              I am talking about the new CM9.... not CW9.... watch the video
              Any gun owner who does not support the NRA is a freeloader.

              Comment

              • #8
                scfrogmansc
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 615

                for the price at turners for $435 with tax and fees included its not bad at all for the LC9 its cheaper then buds prices...
                When zombies come alive... I am ready are you?

                AR-15, AK-47, M24(rem 700), dual 357s, 1911, rem 870 swat, and 17HMR. round count 20k+

                Comment

                • #9
                  Ron-Solo
                  In Memoriam
                  • Jan 2009
                  • 8581

                  I love mine. It is my favorite carry gun. The trigger pull may be a little long, but it is supposed to be that way. It is a pocket gun for up close and personal adventures. It is not a target shooting gun, it is a personal defense gun. You will never even notice the trigger pull if you have to qualify on the "two-way" range.
                  LASD Retired
                  1978-2011

                  NRA Life Member
                  CRPA Life Member
                  NRA Rifle Instructor
                  NRA Shotgun Instructor
                  NRA Range Safety Officer
                  DOJ Certified Instructor

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    yzErnie
                    CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Mar 2007
                    • 6310

                    Originally posted by RollingCode3
                    I am talking about the new CM9.... not CW9.... watch the video
                    Was standing on my head when I read that....sorry!! LOL
                    The satisfaction of a job well done is to be the one who has done it

                    Originally posted by RazoE
                    I don't feel a thing when some cop gets ghosted.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      zdragon
                      Member
                      • Jan 2010
                      • 414

                      Originally posted by scfrogmansc
                      for the price at turners for $435 with tax and fees included its not bad at all for the LC9 its cheaper then buds prices...

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        scfrogmansc
                        Senior Member
                        • Oct 2009
                        • 615

                        just picked it up today.... and shot it... it was amazing i love my new gun!
                        When zombies come alive... I am ready are you?

                        AR-15, AK-47, M24(rem 700), dual 357s, 1911, rem 870 swat, and 17HMR. round count 20k+

                        Comment

                        Working...
                        UA-8071174-1