Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Delta Lost my Gun

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Blood Ocean
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 861

    Delta Lost my Gun

    Flew back into Los Angeles (LAX) last night and Delta has lost my bag containing one of my handguns. Does anyone have any experience with this? What recourse do I have besides the generic BS they list on their website? Thanks for the help, I'm so PO'd I can't even stand the thought of flying ever again...
    sigpic
    Originally posted by oaklander
    The message here is that you do not f with the CGF, or Calguns, or gun owners for that matter.
    Originally posted by Kestryll
    It's not easy being both the anti-christ AND Hitler but I manage to pull it off with aplomb...
  • #2
    choprzrul
    Calguns Addict
    • Oct 2009
    • 6551

    Pictures or video of gun in container @ check-in? Make/model/serial number written down?


    CA resident? Is there a regulation requiring police report on missing/stolen firearms?


    Best of luck to you, I hope that this all turns out well for you.

    .

    Comment

    • #3
      Blood Ocean
      Senior Member
      • Aug 2009
      • 861

      They only thing they had me fill out was the unloaded declaration and I didn't take a picture of it in the case in the bag at the airport. It's the reporting it stolen that I'm really wary of. They're making me wait 5 days before I can file a "Lost" bag claim, until then it's just delayed. Not sure if the fact this was a CA gun that has apparently been lost or stolen out of state would be reported to the LA authorities or the airport where I originated (Baton Rouge)...and what if I get it back in the next day or so, can I un-report it stolen?

      Originally posted by choprzrul
      Pictures or video of gun in container @ check-in? Make/model/serial number written down?


      CA resident? Is there a regulation requiring police report on missing/stolen firearms?


      Best of luck to you, I hope that this all turns out well for you.

      .
      sigpic
      Originally posted by oaklander
      The message here is that you do not f with the CGF, or Calguns, or gun owners for that matter.
      Originally posted by Kestryll
      It's not easy being both the anti-christ AND Hitler but I manage to pull it off with aplomb...

      Comment

      • #4
        Oceanbob
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2010
        • 12720

        It may turn up.
        May the Bridges I burn light the way.

        Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

        Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

        Comment

        • #5
          Ralgha
          Member
          • Feb 2011
          • 149

          Usually lost bags turn up a day or three late none the worse for wear. It's not time to worry yet, angry at the delay sure, but I wouldn't worry about never seeing it again yet.

          Comment

          • #6
            Blood Ocean
            Senior Member
            • Aug 2009
            • 861

            Getting it back also has me a little skittish, we caught a bunch of redfish in the gulf of mexico and put the filets in the deep freeze, then wrapped in newspaper and right in my bag (I've done it dozens of ties and it never even thaws on a normal flight home) but two days later I bet I have to throw out everything including the bag! Definitely gonna be nasty either way I suppose, I just want my stinking gun back!!!


            Originally posted by Ralgha
            Usually lost bags turn up a day or three late none the worse for wear. It's not time to worry yet, angry at the delay sure, but I wouldn't worry about never seeing it again yet.
            sigpic
            Originally posted by oaklander
            The message here is that you do not f with the CGF, or Calguns, or gun owners for that matter.
            Originally posted by Kestryll
            It's not easy being both the anti-christ AND Hitler but I manage to pull it off with aplomb...

            Comment

            • #7
              Ralgha
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 149

              Originally posted by Blood Ocean
              I just want my stinking gun back!!!
              Stinking will be right after it spends a few days with dead fish!

              Comment

              • #8
                Blood Ocean
                Senior Member
                • Aug 2009
                • 861

                I'm willing to be even my leather holster has to go in the trash. That's gonna be one pissed off delivery driver.
                Originally posted by Ralgha
                Stinking will be right after it spends a few days with dead fish!
                sigpic
                Originally posted by oaklander
                The message here is that you do not f with the CGF, or Calguns, or gun owners for that matter.
                Originally posted by Kestryll
                It's not easy being both the anti-christ AND Hitler but I manage to pull it off with aplomb...

                Comment

                • #9
                  tacticalcity
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Aug 2006
                  • 10929

                  Well, I hope you spoke to them about it while you were there and didn't just leave without it. Some times they pull bags containing firearms and put them in the back office to await your picking them up. Other times they treat it like normal luggage. So I hope you checked the office before leaving.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    joelogic
                    Calguns Addict
                    • May 2008
                    • 6593

                    Was it in a hard case with a good lock at least? When I arrived at LAS it was not of the carousel so I thought it was missing. When I went to the airline desk they said it was their policy to bring it to the baggage desk personally. Some poor guy had to hand deliver all three of my bags even though only one was marked but at SFO it was on the luggage carousel.
                    Last edited by joelogic; 05-23-2011, 4:09 PM.
                    Micro/Mini Reflex Red Dot Sight Mount for the M1, M1a/M14 platform

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Speedpower
                      Senior Member
                      • Jul 2010
                      • 2238

                      Lost Luggage

                      It happened to me twice flying Delta (not a luggage with a handgun inside but have a couple of Thousand worth of equipment in my luggage), they should be able to track down where your luggage is, it normally shows up end of the day and then they will deliver your luggage to your house.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Paper Boy
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Dec 2009
                        • 5666

                        Originally posted by Blood Ocean
                        Flew back into Los Angeles (LAX) last night and Delta has lost my bag containing one of my handguns. Does anyone have any experience with this? What recourse do I have besides the generic BS they list on their website? Thanks for the help, I'm so PO'd I can't even stand the thought of flying ever again...
                        Had my gun stolen from a bag at LAX.

                        Call the police both in CA and LA report it let them know that Delta is trying to find it and see what they want to do from there, but that way you can say yes when Delta asks if you called the cops.

                        Call TSA report it - make sure you say lost gun, not lost bag.

                        Call Delta every day if not every few hours make sure your talking to a supervisor not some low level customer service rep. Let them know you will take this as far as it needs to go, dont yell just be firm.

                        Start your refund paperwork now, even if they are still looking. They wanted the tickets baggage claim stub and a reciept for the gun when I went through it. It takes 90 days to get paid if they can not find it. I called every day for two weeks after 60 and I believe thats why I got my check faster.
                        Last edited by Paper Boy; 05-23-2011, 4:22 PM.
                        Youtube reviews https://bit.ly/2V3WchY
                        https://hooksandammo.com

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Blood Ocean
                          Senior Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 861

                          Thanks for all the guidance, much appreciated. I waited at the baggage claim for an hour because this fat Delta lady kept saying "oh I'm sure it's coming out right now." After three flights worth of baggage I went to the office and loudly announced the "missing gun" and you better believe they all snapped to attention. The weird part (from them) was that the bag was not even scanned in at my origin. I had the claim tags, the lady in Baton Rouge put my bag on the conveyor, and now they have no idea where it is. I'm hoping to get it back but I'm very soured on flying (more than I already was).
                          sigpic
                          Originally posted by oaklander
                          The message here is that you do not f with the CGF, or Calguns, or gun owners for that matter.
                          Originally posted by Kestryll
                          It's not easy being both the anti-christ AND Hitler but I manage to pull it off with aplomb...

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            USMC 82-86
                            Senior Member
                            • Apr 2011
                            • 2428

                            Hope you get it back.
                            sigpic

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              AJAX22
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2006
                              • 14980

                              Did they at least squeeze your teabag a little?
                              Youtube Channel Proto-Ordnance

                              Subscribe to Proto Ordnance

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1