Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

M&P40 Questions

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    Shenaniguns
    Calguns Addict
    • Dec 2006
    • 6158

    Over 2,000 rounds with no issues related to the mag safety.
    My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

    Comment

    • #17
      perpetual otter
      Calguns Addict
      • Jul 2007
      • 5093

      Yeah. I don't consider myself a gunsmith buy any means but I have done a lot of "smithing" for myself and this is the only thing that hasn't gone over well. My guess is that I didn't cut the 1911 mag spring long enough but I realized that the lack of reliability was not worth removing the mag safety.
      I provide opinions...
      At a rapid rate.

      Comment

      • #18
        Shenaniguns
        Calguns Addict
        • Dec 2006
        • 6158

        Originally posted by ArkinDomino
        Yeah. I don't consider myself a gunsmith buy any means but I have done a lot of "smithing" for myself and this is the only thing that hasn't gone over well. My guess is that I didn't cut the 1911 mag spring long enough but I realized that the lack of reliability was not worth removing the mag safety.

        Sounds like it, but a better option was to buy the spring from SSS, add a RAM or remove the whole piece together.
        My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

        Comment

        • #19
          perpetual otter
          Calguns Addict
          • Jul 2007
          • 5093

          Buy the spring from SSS? Details please?

          I already have a RAM installed and what piece could I remove altogether?
          I provide opinions...
          At a rapid rate.

          Comment

          • #20
            Shenaniguns
            Calguns Addict
            • Dec 2006
            • 6158

            Originally posted by ArkinDomino
            Buy the spring from SSS? Details please?

            I already have a RAM installed and what piece could I remove altogether?

            Here's the spring, Apex removed the lever altogether but I didn't ask how lol
            My opinions are my own and do not represent the position of other companies I may be involved with.

            Comment

            • #21
              Speedpower
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 2238

              Originally posted by rt66paul
              Modifying a firearm back to original or to comply with the law is a good idea, but is something bad happens and there is ANY way a DA can it look like that was the cause, you will have at the least a very expensive court fight and then a second civil fight. If there is any way that you can buy the firearm in the configuration you desire, that is the best way to do so.

              The DA or civil attorney who is against you is sure to bring this up and will get so-called "experts" to say that it is YOUR fault. Nothing is ever an accident any more - even when you are protecting yourself or what is yours, they will try to make you the criminal. This is part of what is wrong with our legal system.
              Fault? if you use your modified handgun in a self defense, there is nothing your fault as you use your handgun as intended to, meaning yes you fired your gun intentionally at your attacker because your life is in danger, now if you said I did not mean to! then that's another story, because it's an accident, now the DA will find an excuse to why the gun went off!

              Comment

              • #22
                rt66paul
                Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 281

                Maybe in your county - but in LA, they will take anything and make a big deal out of it, including a custom set of grips with ridges in them. They have tried to make a case of the ridges being like "notches" for gun/person activity. Their point is that if you customize a gun, you MUST be a nut that is just waiting to kill someone, even if the person you shoot is assaulting you or your family.

                I was reading about CCW holders being able to use a handgun with a laser ONLY if the gun came that way. Using a extra light spring on the trigger(<4lbs), on a gun that you just had to use for protection, is wrong(or has been found wrong in court).

                I am far from an expert, but I have read many instances of people who were railroaded for stupid things, especially when evil black weapons were used, or even owned.

                I really love to customize all types of possessions, but keeping your home defense weapon as you bought it could be a good idea.
                Last edited by rt66paul; 05-31-2011, 9:41 PM.
                I love California, but I am afraid of its government.

                Those who choose safety over freedom are neither safe or free!
                "The more corrupt the state, the more numerous the laws." (Tacitus, Roman historian 55-117 A.D.)

                Comment

                Working...
                UA-8071174-1