Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Which has more value in CA

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • erikdjs
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 315

    Which has more value in CA

    In your opinion which gun would have more demand for resale in CA:

    A lightweight 9mm commander 1911 with a bobtail.

    A railed 9mm commander 1911 with or without bobtail.
    40
    Lightweight 9mm Commander 1911 with bobtail
    0%
    21
    9mm Commander 1911 with light rail & bobtail
    0%
    13
    9mm Commander 1911 with light rail without bobtail
    0%
    6
  • #2
    chadd446
    Junior Member
    • Mar 2011
    • 86

    A 9mm Lightweight bobtailed railed commander

    Comment

    • #3
      Cyc Wid It
      Veteran Member
      • Mar 2009
      • 4485

      I'd rather have it exempted than get gouged, but that's just me.
      WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

      Comment

      • #4
        erikdjs
        Member
        • May 2010
        • 315

        Originally posted by Cyc Wid It
        I'd rather have it exempted than get gouged, but that's just me.
        Who said anything about getting gouged?

        Comment

        • #5
          den888
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jul 2009
          • 10520

          The LW Commander.

          Comment

          • #6
            toby
            Banned
            • Jan 2010
            • 10576

            Bobtails are cool, Rails suck....IMO

            Comment

            • #7
              Cyc Wid It
              Veteran Member
              • Mar 2009
              • 4485

              A vast majority of these threads = "what can I buy and resell for the most money".
              WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

              Comment

              • #8
                erikdjs
                Member
                • May 2010
                • 315

                Originally posted by Cyc Wid It
                A vast majority of these threads = "what can I buy and resell for the most money".
                I guess that's understandable. But not relevant to my situation. I'm going to be receiving a pair of 1911's in exchange for services I am providing. I intend to keep both - but in the event that I have to sell off one of them (i.e. my wife needs new Jimmy Choo's) I figure I might as well pick the most popular options for that pistol. Because of the rarity of this type of pistol in CA, the popular options are unknown to me which is the point of this thread.

                Comment

                • #9
                  NapaCountyShooter
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2009
                  • 2417

                  I don't see much need for a railed commander. If you're going railed, go full size.
                  Jonah

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Cokebottle
                    Seņor Member
                    CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                    • Oct 2009
                    • 32373

                    Originally posted by erikdjs
                    I guess that's understandable. But not relevant to my situation. I'm going to be receiving a pair of 1911's in exchange for services I am providing. I intend to keep both - but in the event that I have to sell off one of them (i.e. my wife needs new Jimmy Choo's) I figure I might as well pick the most popular options for that pistol. Because of the rarity of this type of pistol in CA, the popular options are unknown to me which is the point of this thread.
                    If her Jimmy Choos cost more than a dinner for 2 at Chili's, you're spending too much
                    - Rich

                    Originally posted by dantodd
                    A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Cokebottle
                      Seņor Member
                      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                      • Oct 2009
                      • 32373

                      Originally posted by NapaCountyShooter
                      I don't see much need for a railed commander. If you're going railed, go full size.
                      Ditto.
                      I see no need for a rail on a carry piece.

                      Home defense piece? Okay... I wouldn't do it, but I won't knock the guy who wants a tac-light on his HD gun... but that gun should be a fullsized, 5"+ barrel for accuracy and sight radius.
                      - Rich

                      Originally posted by dantodd
                      A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        erikdjs
                        Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 315

                        Originally posted by Cokebottle
                        If her Jimmy Choos cost more than a dinner for 2 at Chili's, you're spending too much
                        LOL! The Jimmy Choos are the balance of power anytime I want another gun. "Remember those heels you got last month?"

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Cokebottle
                          Seņor Member
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Oct 2009
                          • 32373

                          Originally posted by erikdjs
                          LOL! The Jimmy Choos are the balance of power anytime I want another gun. "Remember those heels you got last month?"
                          I just buy my wife another gun
                          - Rich

                          Originally posted by dantodd
                          A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Cyc Wid It
                            Veteran Member
                            • Mar 2009
                            • 4485

                            The real trouble begins when your shoes are expensive too... while railed commanders aren't as common, the people who want them really want them.

                            This one was a full rail operator that was cut down to commander.

                            WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              erikdjs
                              Member
                              • May 2010
                              • 315

                              Originally posted by Cyc Wid It
                              The real trouble begins when your shoes are expensive too...
                              Lol!

                              That looks like SA's champion operator. I love the way the slide & rail cuts line up - so sexy. I think I may just get the 2nd pistol as a railed commander anyway since it's my intention to keep it. It'd be pretty neat to have one considering I'll have a more traditional commander to keep it company.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1