Took out my new pistol to the range today and absolutely loved it. Feels good, shoots straight and accurate, just a ton of fun.
Question though, I did have many failure to fire that seems to not be random. When loaded to capacity (10 - of course) the issue is that the second bullet wouldn't engage (raise to the top of the magazine) and the gun would fail to fire. If I pulled open the slide and looked in, the bullet was clearly down in the number two position in the magazine, like it hadn't moved.
When I push the magazing release button, the bullet immediately goes up into the proper position immediately. Then I only have to put the magazing back in, pop the slide in place and fire. No other misfires except for this always on the second round was happening.
Used two different magazines and three types of ammo, all the same. Even mixed them up to find out what was going on. Didn't matter.
My thought is that it is an issue with the magazines.
I'm thinking maybe some light oiling might help, but would like to ask the brain trust here if there's something else that may be an issue since I'm not an expert. .
Thanks, and any information is appreciated.
Question though, I did have many failure to fire that seems to not be random. When loaded to capacity (10 - of course) the issue is that the second bullet wouldn't engage (raise to the top of the magazine) and the gun would fail to fire. If I pulled open the slide and looked in, the bullet was clearly down in the number two position in the magazine, like it hadn't moved.
When I push the magazing release button, the bullet immediately goes up into the proper position immediately. Then I only have to put the magazing back in, pop the slide in place and fire. No other misfires except for this always on the second round was happening.

Used two different magazines and three types of ammo, all the same. Even mixed them up to find out what was going on. Didn't matter.
My thought is that it is an issue with the magazines.
I'm thinking maybe some light oiling might help, but would like to ask the brain trust here if there's something else that may be an issue since I'm not an expert. .

Thanks, and any information is appreciated.


Comment