Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone have an XD customized by Springer precision

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • AG166
    Member
    • Nov 2010
    • 272

    Anyone have an XD customized by Springer precision

    Looking to send off my XD for some customization and have heard through the grapevine that Springer Precision is the place to send it. Does anyone have first hand knowledge of their service and quality?
    Looking to put an extended mag well, extended mag release, some grip enhancement, sight change, and barrel change to start shooting some 3 gun competitions.
    Thanks!
  • #2
    IPSICK
    Veteran Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 4259

    Springer, Powder River, and Canyon Creek are your best bets. Springfield Custom and Bar-Sto come in at second.
    "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

    "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

    Comment

    • #3
      3GunFunShooter
      In Memoriam
      • Dec 2005
      • 2408

      I sent my 9 Tactical to Canyon Creek in 2005 for a trigger job. Still works great after
      8000 rounds down it. It is my IDPA gun. For USPSA 3 gun shooting, 9mm is a real disadvantage. For those 3 gun matches I use a Para 16/40 or a Glock 35.
      If you can't shoot good, at least look good shooting

      Comment

      • #4
        AG166
        Member
        • Nov 2010
        • 272

        Thanks for the info!

        Comment

        • #5
          Go Bolts
          Junior Member
          • Sep 2010
          • 56

          I sent in my XD9 Tactical for the following:

          - New Sights (forgot which kind, but they're big and bright)
          - Grip modification (X grip)
          - Match Barrel (Barsto)
          - Trigger Job
          - Cerakote

          They did a very nice job on my gun, however I did have to send it back for them to fix some mistakes they made...when I first got it back, the gun would not fire, and the cerakote would wipe away with cleaning solvent (Hoppes). I was pretty pissed, but they took care of the problems quickly and I've been happy with my gun since.

          Comment

          Working...
          UA-8071174-1