Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

bersa dealers?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • loyalpatriot
    Junior Member
    • Nov 2005
    • 20

    bersa dealers?

    I have been toying with the idea of getting back into pistol shooting and was looking at a bersa as a basic,functional and fun, plinker and hd gun. Problem is , I cannot find a dealer in the bay area, anyone have any leads? Thanks
  • #2
    timmy8151
    Member
    • Mar 2003
    • 412

    I've seen them at City Arms in Pacifica.

    Comment

    • #3
      Bigtwin
      Veteran Member
      • May 2010
      • 2639

      This may be a bit of a drive for you but both gun shops in Vacaville have them! I purchased my Bersa from Center mass, they had it at msrp instead of a bumped up price.
      NRA MEMBER

      Comment

      • #4
        aghauler
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2011
        • 4794

        River City Gun Exchange in Sacramento has'em and you can visit the Railroad Museum also! BB

        Comment

        • #5
          greybeard
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2008
          • 1086

          J&R Sporting Supply in Livermore has been known to have them
          John

          The internet is like a 12 step group. Take what you need and leave the rest.

          Comment

          • #6
            loyalpatriot
            Junior Member
            • Nov 2005
            • 20

            thanks all, keep em coming if you have more dealers but for those who already listed, thanks

            Comment

            • #7
              loose_electron
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2010
              • 784

              I know ones down here in S CA - but the only Bersa on list is the Thunder 380 IIRC

              See below, I got one, but its more of a specialty gun than a plinker. As a compact pistol, I do like it.
              "Any fool can criticize, condemn and complain and most fools do." - Benjamin Franklin
              "The answers to life's biggest questions are not found on Google." Author Unknown
              San Diego CA - Sig Sauer P226 9mm & Mosquito, Bersa Thunder, Ruger LCR & LCP, S&W 22A, SA 1911 9mm, Beretta 92SF 9mm, Marlin 60

              Comment

              • #8
                loyalpatriot
                Junior Member
                • Nov 2005
                • 20

                Originally posted by loose_electron
                I know ones down here in S CA - but the only Bersa on list is the Thunder 380 IIRC

                See below, I got one, but its more of a specialty gun than a plinker. As a compact pistol, I do like it.
                My last gun I sold was a g30 which I loved but was a bit chunky for my hand and I want something cheaper, I do not have the cash like I used to but am open to all ideas for a cheap plinker and hd pistol. taurus pt145 or or a sigma maybe? Been out of the game for a little bit but those were the guns I would have looked at for being functional and relatively cheap.

                Comment

                • #9
                  Tiberius
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2009
                  • 1168

                  I have a Bersa Thunder and I like it. I don't think I love it, but we're still getting to know each other. I bought it because of the price, the reviews, and the features - I wanted a hammer, decocker, and safety. In your situation, you might consider a used Glock 9mm; those tend to be more $400ish, I think, but 9mm is quite a bit cheaper than .380 so that could even out.

                  I'm not a Glock fan at all, btw. There are many .22s that are great and cheap plinkers. Also, the Sig SP2022 (the official pistol of Calguns) is often listed at $399, new, and may even come with night sites at that price.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    mossy
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Dec 2007
                    • 7430

                    are you talking about getting a bersa thunder 380 if so i think target masters in milpitas is a dealer. they always have a few thunders in stock. i got one a few weeks ago from them.
                    best troll thread in calguns history
                    http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



                    burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      USMC VET
                      Senior Member
                      • Feb 2009
                      • 1004

                      I've shot the bersa thunder 380 quite a few times and I think I can say I love it and if it wasn't for the ammo price point I'd already have one. Actually looking into buying one in the next month or so.
                      Just as a side note I've heard good things about the Taurus pt 24/7, ruger sr9 but at an average sticker price in the 280's its hard to resist the bersa
                      SO MANY GUNS....never enough money

                      ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        RABULL
                        Junior Member
                        • Jan 2005
                        • 69

                        Barnwood Arms in Ripon, CA has them in stock in their store.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          mossy
                          Calguns Addict
                          • Dec 2007
                          • 7430

                          you gotta spend the extra money and get factroy mags though, the pormag ones jam up the gun.
                          best troll thread in calguns history
                          http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=406739



                          burn the circus down cuz the world is full of clowns

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Bigtwin
                            Veteran Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 2639

                            Originally posted by mossy
                            you gotta spend the extra money and get factroy mags though, the pormag ones jam up the gun.
                            Not 100%true, my friends bersa thunder has not had a problem in about 200 rounds so far. Though I do know it is the concensus that they do tend to jam with the promag....then again it is a 10rounder that sticks out of the magwell. Not real practical but fun.
                            NRA MEMBER

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              JanG
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2009
                              • 1005

                              i heard you can tweak the promags or shave a portion off and they run good
                              (\__/)
                              (='.'=)
                              (")_(") Copy and paste this bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.!!!
                              Reply With Quote

                              Originally posted by AutoDriver
                              Most in-laws have a no return policy on wives. But I do understand how you feel. As soon as I left the chappel, I started thinking maybe I should have gotten a different woman. Oh well, I'll just have to wait another 30 years to get the other one. Oh, the pain ...

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1