Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Holster for a G19

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • USMC 82-86
    Senior Member
    • Apr 2011
    • 2428

    Holster for a G19

    I have a new Glock 19 on DROS and pick it up on Thursday. I like to shoot IDPA sometimes and looking for ideas for a holster. I want some input from Glock 19 shooters. I want a holster that holds the pistol as close as possible to my body with minimal print. I prefer a higher ride as well. This is my first Glock and looking for a proven good holster. Prefer a holster without a release button to clear the pistol. Just a nice tension retention type. Thanks for your help.
    sigpic
  • #2
    Quiet
    retired Goon
    • Mar 2007
    • 30242

    For kydex holsters...
    I like the Blackhawk Serpa holster for OWB use.
    It's more durable than the Fobus and i-Tac holsters.

    Bladetech OWB holsters are also well made/durable and fits what you want better.
    sigpic

    "If someone has a gun and is trying to kill you, it would be reasonable to shoot back with your own gun." - Dalai Lama (Seattle Times, 05-15-2001).

    Comment

    • #3
      billped
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 2504

      I bought a Comp-Tac paddle holster for my Gen4 G19 - nicely adjustable retention, no button, used for a class only, not CCW. Works perfectly.


      Bill
      Bill

      Comment

      • #4
        kazman
        Senior Member
        • Apr 2009
        • 528

        Blackhawk Serpa OWB works fine for me. I don't know about it holding it so tight to my body, but for that I have a Crossbreed Supertuck IWB.

        Comment

        • #5
          cindynles
          Veteran Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 2806

          I'm really happy with my Bianchi Black Widow. Its a high ride and it stays very close to the body. I paid $60 for it.

          "Democracy is two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for lunch. Liberty is a well-armed lamb contesting the vote." B.Franklin,1759

          Comment

          • #6
            Bizcuits
            In Memoriam
            • Aug 2006
            • 6957

            I have a crossbreed super tuck deluxe for both my 229 and G19 for concealed carry. Love em.
            Owner of Patriot Apparel - Decals, Vintage Signs, Apparel and More!
            Ebay Store Link
            Etsy Store Link

            Comment

            • #7
              scootle
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Oct 2010
              • 2702

              for speed on draw, nothing beats the all-kydex options (comp-tac, raven, etc.). you're not going to want a blackhawk serpa since you don't want any active retention buttons/levers.

              if you want something more like a hybrid (leather/kydex), the Silent Thunder STX from Garrett is something to check out. their turnaround time is very fast too. some pics of my G19exo with the Garrett:







              it rides fairly high and should be fine for a G19. it doesn't draw as fast as my Raven Phantom, but it also didn't take 3-4 months waiting time to order.
              SCC CCW *326 Days, $1051.29*
              Application: 2/27/2023 ($72.33)
              Original Interview: 12/21@1030|Actual: 4/13@0900
              'Informal" email Background complete: 9/19
              Email to schedule Psych: 10/27@1539 ($150)
              Psych Test: 11/3@0800|Psych Interview: 11/9@0900 (Dr.McKenzie)
              LiveScan: 11/9 (UPS Store $93+$25)|Livescan cleared: CA/FBI 11/9, Firearms 11/20
              LiveScan Email: 11/17@0842
              Training Email: 11/29@1007|Instructor: 1/10/2024 SaberTactics ($399+40)|Docs: 1/12
              Approval: 1/17@1346 ($264+$7.96)|Pickup: 1/19@1030

              Comment

              • #8
                415shooter
                Member
                • Oct 2009
                • 173

                Galco Avenger, I have keeps it tight to me. Took a little break in time. But is awesome now
                sigpic
                NRA Member

                Knowledge is Power, Hide it well.

                IN OMNIA PARATUS, In All Things Prepare

                In Cane Speramus, In Dog I Trust

                Comment

                • #9
                  FUBAR
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 2453

                  NTAC. Just like a Raven but cheaper and faster turn around time. Can be IWB or OWB by changing out the belt loops. I use it and love it.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    DigitalAmmunition
                    Junior Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 79

                    Im a big fan of BladeTechs: http://www.blade-tech.com/2-pc-attac...2-pr-1280.html
                    sigpic
                    "A well-Regulated Militia being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms shall not be infringed."

                    What part of "SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED" don't you understand??!

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      707electrician
                      Veteran Member
                      • Dec 2010
                      • 2889

                      I love my Serpa for my G23
                      Brian Kelly

                      PM me for electrical work

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        IPSICK
                        Veteran Member
                        • Nov 2005
                        • 4259

                        I am a big fan of Safariland and I think their Model 5199 fits your needs.

                        For competition though, Comp-Tac and Blade-Tech seem to be found on a lot of competitors hips.

                        If you're not 100% against active retention devices, Safariland ALS is actually a pretty fast draw. My Model 6379 (IDPA legal) is within fractions of a second in draw time from my race holster (non-IDPA legal).
                        "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

                        "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Swift Justice
                          Senior Member
                          • Jan 2009
                          • 600

                          I've been using a Fobus for IDPA for my G17, Its virtues are that its cheap (can be had for $19 or so) and fairly tough for occasional use, although there are probably some better choices out there if you really are going to do a lot of holster work (bladetech, Raven, etc.).
                          Slow justice is no justice.

                          I was shooting a Glock when shooting a Glock wasn't cool.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            707electrician
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2010
                            • 2889

                            Originally posted by scootle
                            for speed on draw, nothing beats the all-kydex options (comp-tac, raven, etc.). you're not going to want a blackhawk serpa since you don't want any active retention buttons/levers.

                            if you want something more like a hybrid (leather/kydex), the Silent Thunder STX from Garrett is something to check out. their turnaround time is very fast too. some pics of my G19exo with the Garrett:







                            it rides fairly high and should be fine for a G19. it doesn't draw as fast as my Raven Phantom, but it also didn't take 3-4 months waiting time to order.
                            That is a nice holster. I like kydex but the leather lined kydex might be better for my new EMP
                            Brian Kelly

                            PM me for electrical work

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              hkdad
                              Veteran Member
                              • Nov 2008
                              • 3112

                              good - uncle mikes
                              better - blade tech
                              best - comp-tac
                              ˙ǝuılƃıs ʎɯ uı ʇnd oʇ ɹǝʌǝlɔ ƃuıɥʇʎuɐ ɟo ʞuıɥʇ ʇ,uɐɔ I

                              "I see an empty magazine, I think it needs to be loaded." -hickok45

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1