Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Deleted

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    7anthony7
    Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 445

    I went Wilson and never looked back. I just ordered number two, the ultra light compact with my own little flare to it. I have a CQB 10mm I custom ordered and love it. I have functioned an Les, but wasn't my favorite. From the guy who owned it said it was a tac driver, but needed to be broken in and can be finicky with ammo due to tolerances but runs great with the right ammo. Someone mentioned against getting the lightweight frame. If you get the Wilson, it's a lifetime transferable warranty. I have fondled the ultralight carry and the weight is amazing. Feels like a feather compared to my full size CQB 10. I have also played with a Nighthawk. Alot of the employees of Nighthawk are from Wilson and are well made as well. I have heard mixed things about their quality control, but are always willing to fix issues. You should check out the 1911 forum for more info. I have debated over getting a Kobra, but went for the Wilson. They are all great and will out shoot you, just depends on the extras and custom work you want. I say Wilson!

    Comment

    • #17
      GW
      I need a LIFE!!
      • May 2004
      • 16078

      Wow its like choosing between Christy Canyon, Ginger Lynn or Amber Lynn
      Any one you choose would be the ride of your life

      BTW I went Wilson CQB
      sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

      Comment

      • #18
        FantasticPlastic
        Junior Member
        • Mar 2011
        • 69

        I don't think it's a Ford vs. Chevy thing. I think it's more like a Bentley vs. Rolls Royce thing :-)

        I would be proud to own any of those pistols, although the cobra carry really appeals to me. I have heard good and bad things about pretty much everything under the sun, but I'm pretty sure all those manufacturers make really top notch products. Get to a place where you can hold all of them and see if there are any that appeal more to you than others.

        Comment

        • #19
          SGGear
          Member
          • Apr 2011
          • 395

          I own a Wilson and Ed brown. I like both but I enjoy shooting the Ed brown more. I ve shot a few les Baer and it is a bit too tight for my pref. Ed brown isn't too tight but just right. I haven't had 1 failure yet and when i had to replace the sight, Ed brown installed free with min cost for the sight. If I buy another 1911, it would be another Ed brown.
          "Blaming guns for murder is like blaming spoons for fat people"

          ..

          Comment

          • #20
            rdmax
            Member
            • Dec 2008
            • 286

            At this price range, you should look at Nighthawk as well. Former top gun smiths from Wilson Combat who opened their own custom shop. Cannot go wrong with any one of them.

            Comment

            • #21
              sootytom
              Senior Member
              • Aug 2009
              • 761

              I've been looking for nice 1911 this year I found a les baer pre. II super tac lightly used on calguns. I picked it up last week and have taken it to the range a couple of times HOLY S--T is it a nice shooting gun really tight,amazing trigger, crisp break and short reset. the gun feels great in your hand nice balance.
              the only problem is, I'm a lefty and the small safety lever on the right side is very hard to manipulate. I've never owned a wilson or ed brown but for my $$ you can't get a better gun for the price then a LES BAER . good luck in your hunt for your perfect 1911

              Comment

              • #22
                dls
                Veteran Member
                • Jan 2011
                • 2598

                If my budget at time of purchase was up to $4000 I would have bought a Wilson(next one) but since I had under $3k I bought a Bear. They're all good 1911s in my opinion,it's about how much do you want to spend at that level. The Wilson's look the nicest.
                The chair is against the wall...

                Comment

                • #23
                  skark_burmer
                  Junior Member
                  • Apr 2008
                  • 62

                  Deleted
                  Last edited by skark_burmer; 03-06-2014, 10:35 AM.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    Cyc Wid It
                    Veteran Member
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 4485

                    Going full monty is buying a pair of these:

                    WTS all BNIB: Colt S70 Repro, HK45c, Gen4 G19

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      SVRider
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2007
                      • 1914

                      Originally posted by rdmax
                      At this price range, you should look at Nighthawk as well. Former top gun smiths from Wilson Combat who opened their own custom shop. Cannot go wrong with any one of them.
                      Read my post (#20) regarding Nighthawk. I would never buy another one from them without seeing what I was getting first (this one was ordered):

                      FOR SALE:

                      Check back later

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        olhunter
                        CGN Contributor
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 3707

                        Originally posted by GW
                        Wow its like choosing between Christy Canyon, Ginger Lynn or Amber Lynn
                        lol....you're old.
                        It cannot be inherited, nor can it ever be purchased.
                        You and no one alive can buy it for any price. It is impossible to rent and cannot be lent.
                        You alone and our own have earned it with...Your sweat, blood and lives. You own it forever.

                        The title is....."United States Marine".


                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          BillPear
                          Member
                          • Aug 2009
                          • 386

                          Originally posted by GW
                          Wow its like choosing between Christy Canyon, Ginger Lynn or Amber Lynn
                          Any one you choose would be the ride of your life

                          BTW I went Wilson CQB
                          I would prefer someone of that stature in her 20's

                          Are you better off than you were four years ago?

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            Butthead
                            Senior Member
                            • Aug 2007
                            • 508

                            Wilson - Hard to imagine any better.
                            Never return fire!


                            2e 32 32 20 2e 33 38 30 20 2e 33 38 20 39 6d 6d 20 2e 34 34 20 2e 35 30 41 45 20 2e 32 32 33 20 35 2e 35 36 20 33 30 2d 33 30 20 2e 33 30 38 20 2e 35 30 44 54 43 20 32 32 2d 32 35 30 20 33 37 4d 4d 20 2e 34 35 41 43 50

                            Comment

                            • #29
                              GW
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • May 2004
                              • 16078

                              Originally posted by BillPear
                              I would prefer someone of that stature in her 20's
                              Well, yeah!

                              And yes I AM old!!!
                              sigpicNRA Benefactor Member

                              Comment

                              • #30
                                aklon
                                Veteran Member
                                • Jan 2007
                                • 3190

                                I can't say anything about Ed Brown since I don't own one, but I do have a Wilson Combat Professional Model and a Les Baer Thunder Ranch Special. Of the two, I find the TRS is my "go to" gun. Don't get me wrong: the Wilson is an outstanding example of the gun maker's art (as is the Baer), but I figure the Professsional Model is what the CCW folks call a "carry gun", whereas the TRS was primarily designed with reliability in mind. Clint Smith wanted a close combat pistol, and Les Baer was the one that gave it to him.
                                Freedom is the dream you dream while putting thought in chains.

                                - Giacomo Leopardi

                                Comment

                                Working...
                                UA-8071174-1