Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Few pics from the range today v.glock

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • KIDRR
    Senior Member
    • Jan 2007
    • 1266

    Few pics from the range today v.glock

    Finally got out to shoot the G20 SF I've been talking about non stop for the last two weeks. The Glock soaked up most of the recoil and I didn't even really notice it. I'd say my sig in 40S&W is a lot more snappy than this 10mm. Felt more like shooting a 45acp. I could have gone through 500 rounds easy. Anyway, I was shooting a bit to the left today but the gun is accurate as hell. These are all from 15-20 yards.



    G20SF and G34 comparison:



    Shot the G34 with the TLR2 after. Man, I love this thing. Like zero recoil, light, and the 3.5trigger is money. The grip and even the mags felt like a toy after handling the 10mm.

    sigpic
  • #2
    Lumpia is sarap!®
    Senior Member
    • Mar 2008
    • 2267

    Did you use Double Tap 10mm ammo? Those are awesome.
    Nice keep up the good work!
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      KIDRR
      Senior Member
      • Jan 2007
      • 1266

      Did you use Double Tap 10mm ammo? Those are awesome.
      Nice keep up the good work!
      Didn't use any double tap, I kinda cringe at shooting 50 rounds that cost $42 I'm picking up some soon though for personal defense and maybe some of my own ballistics testing. 200 grain hollow points should do the trick.

      And thanks
      sigpic

      Comment

      • #4
        locosway
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2009
        • 11346

        I love shooting my G20... It's so much nicer shooting than any other gun I've shot. I don't shoot my DT ammo either, it's too expensive. I'm running the 200gr Nosler JHP for SD/HD.
        OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
        NRA Certified Instructor
        CA DOJ Certified Instructor
        Glock Certified Armorer

        Comment

        • #5
          Don the savage
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2010
          • 2094

          Good to hear. I just put mine in jail Saturday through the GSSF deal. I have picked up 500 rounds to break it in. Now I have to wait til Tuesday.
          I support peace through superior firepower.
          "Para ser libre, un hombre debe tener tres cosas, la tierra, una educacion y un fusil. Siempre un fusil ! (To be free, a man must have three things; land, an education and a rifle. Always a rifle)" -Emiliano Zapata.

          Originally posted by rsrocket1
          Of course they are in free territory where they can pick up ammunition at the local 5 and dime without going through a criminal background check. All we get is legalized pot.

          Comment

          • #6
            jason el magnifico
            Member
            • Jul 2008
            • 313

            What kind of ammo were you shooting? Lots of 10mm stuff is not loaded much hotter than .40, and thus the recoil through that big boy would not feel that bad.

            Try some 220gr hardcast Buffalo Bore

            Comment

            • #7
              KIDRR
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2007
              • 1266

              Originally posted by Don the savage
              Good to hear. I just put mine in jail Saturday through the GSSF deal. I have picked up 500 rounds to break it in. Now I have to wait til Tuesday.

              Good to hear, but sorry to say it will be the longest 10 days of your life

              Originally posted by jason el magnifico
              What kind of ammo were you shooting? Lots of 10mm stuff is not loaded much hotter than .40, and thus the recoil through that big boy would not feel that bad.

              Try some 220gr hardcast Buffalo Bore
              I'm shooting BVAC 180gr jacked hollow points. Suppose to be rated at 1200FPS.

              Send me this hardcast buffalo bore ammo you speak of so I can try it out
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                Oceanbob
                I need a LIFE!!
                • Jun 2010
                • 12720

                Very nice...!!

                I think the GLOCK 20 and the GLOCK 34 weapons are fantastic.!

                Those groups are good for the first time. On mine I added a 3.5 pound connector and some sites for my bad eyes. The groups tighened right up.

                I also love my GLOCK 35....what a tack driver. !

                You might consider reloading the 10MM.....I do and it's really nice to make some hot accurate ammo for pennies.

                If you want to check out WHAT 10MM FACTORY AMMO performs best
                (other than wasting money on buying every brand)

                This man has tested EVERY 10MM Bullet you can find:

                Start with number one



                The HOTTEST are certain specific ammo from these companies. (and not everyone of their products, just certain weights)

                Elite ammunition
                Buffalo bore
                Doubletap
                Reeds
                Its called the 600 club and the man above has a video on it. (600 foot pound of energy and above)

                For just plinking range ammo (that you should reload anyway) CCI Blazer is fun; and surprisingly PMC 200 grain FMJ TC actually does its published speed of 1050 FPS....(you will learn that most of the bullet makers are off the mark on published speed...some are 200 feet per second LOWER than published!!)

                Another good but not perfect range plinking ammo is Remington UMC (green box) which runs 180 grain metal case (MC) that published 1150 FPS but actually goes 1090 FPS.

                Have FUN....consider Joining GLOCK TALKs 10 ring:



                Lots of good info on 10MM.

                Bob
                May the Bridges I burn light the way.

                Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

                Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

                Comment

                • #9
                  den888
                  I need a LIFE!!
                  • Jul 2009
                  • 10520

                  Congrats on the Glock!

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    KIDRR
                    Senior Member
                    • Jan 2007
                    • 1266

                    I need to get into reloading, just never have so far. But as I find myself getting more into these odd ball calibers like 10mm and 6.8SPC I'm going to need to I think.

                    Thanks for the info on the ammo, I actually did my research based a lot on this guys vids you linked below before I bought the gun. Which is why I now have my sights set on the 200 grain double tap.

                    Originally posted by Oceanbob
                    I think the GLOCK 20 and the GLOCK 34 weapons are fantastic.!

                    Those groups are good for the first time. On mine I added a 3.5 pound connector and some sites for my bad eyes. The groups tighened right up.

                    I also love my GLOCK 35....what a tack driver. !

                    You might consider reloading the 10MM.....I do and it's really nice to make some hot accurate ammo for pennies.

                    If you want to check out WHAT 10MM FACTORY AMMO performs best
                    (other than wasting money on buying every brand)

                    This man has tested EVERY 10MM Bullet you can find:

                    Start with number one



                    The HOTTEST are certain specific ammo from these companies. (and not everyone of their products, just certain weights)

                    Elite ammunition
                    Buffalo bore
                    Doubletap
                    Reeds
                    Its called the 600 club and the man above has a video on it. (600 foot pound of energy and above)

                    For just plinking range ammo (that you should reload anyway) CCI Blazer is fun; and surprisingly PMC 200 grain FMJ TC actually does its published speed of 1050 FPS....(you will learn that most of the bullet makers are off the mark on published speed...some are 200 feet per second LOWER than published!!)

                    Another good but not perfect range plinking ammo is Remington UMC (green box) which runs 180 grain metal case (MC) that published 1150 FPS but actually goes 1090 FPS.

                    Have FUN....consider Joining GLOCK TALKs 10 ring:



                    Lots of good info on 10MM.

                    Bob
                    sigpic

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1