Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Other Single Stack handguns besides 1911

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • aybyman
    Member
    • May 2009
    • 226

    Other Single Stack handguns besides 1911

    I love how the 1911 fits my hand...are there any other single stack handguns?
  • #2
    THE NEW GUY

    Sig P220

    Comment

    • #3
      IPSICK
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 4259

      SiG P220, P225, P239. Glock 36.
      "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

      "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

      Comment

      • #4
        CZlover
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 783

        Ruger P series, discontinued for a few months now

        Comment

        • #5
          BigDogatPlay
          Calguns Addict
          • Jun 2007
          • 7362

          In 9 MM...

          Smith & Wesson 39 series.

          Walther P38 / P1

          Sig P225 / P6

          Sig P239 (also in .40)

          Many .380s

          In .45

          Sig P220

          There are others, but those are a few well knowns off the top.
          -- Rifle, Pistol, Shotgun

          Not a lawyer, just a former LEO proud to have served.

          Americans have the right and advantage of being armed - unlike the citizens of other countries whose governments are afraid to trust the people with arms. -- James Madison

          Comment

          • #6
            cmace22
            Veteran Member
            • Jan 2008
            • 2717

            M&P45
            Makarov
            Walther PP series

            Comment

            • #7
              rattlesnake_nm
              Banned
              • Jan 2011
              • 666

              Gotta love the p225. Nice and slim. Reliable too. The price of the p6 german cop turn ins have gone up dramatically. I paid $200 for mine in excellent condition before 0bummer.

              Last edited by rattlesnake_nm; 04-12-2011, 8:52 PM.

              Comment

              • #8
                rattlesnake_nm
                Banned
                • Jan 2011
                • 666

                Originally posted by cmace22
                Makarov
                Makarovs are my favorite.
                My ij70 :

                Comment

                • #9
                  cmace22
                  Veteran Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 2717

                  Originally posted by rattlesnake_nm
                  Makarovs are my favorite.
                  My ij70 :
                  I had one too. I liked it a lot. I didnt really dig the bottom mag release though.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    sirgiles
                    Senior Member
                    • Oct 2008
                    • 2311

                    Originally posted by aybyman
                    I love how the 1911 fits my hand...are there any other single stack handguns?
                    is it because its grip is thin? there are double stacks out there that are also thin like a browning hp or cz- 75.
                    "I'm not in this world to live up to your expectations and you're not in this world to live up to mine."

                    Bruce Lee

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Joe
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Apr 2006
                      • 5730

                      kahr series

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        rattlesnake_nm
                        Banned
                        • Jan 2011
                        • 666

                        Originally posted by cmace22
                        I had one too. I liked it a lot. I didnt really dig the bottom mag release though.
                        I carry it in a don hume small of back ccw holster for a kahr, and do not carry an extra mag, so it works out great for ccw. I do carry the sig p225 p6, but only in an iwb holster.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bombadillo
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Nov 2007
                          • 14810

                          I really like the P345. Its WAY thinner in my hand than a Sig 220 which for some reason I can't shoot. I'd like to buy more expensive handguns, and I do with my 1911's and others, but for some reason the ruger just works for me.



                          For a staggering $425 you can grab one.

                          Also, its been flawless in at LEAST 10k rounds now. Only malfunction was a buddy limpwristing it and he did it a few times, anyone else who got it, magically went away.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            rattlesnake_nm
                            Banned
                            • Jan 2011
                            • 666

                            I have had various ruger centerfire autos, and the one thing I can say is they are extremely reliable.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Ranger20
                              Senior Member
                              • Oct 2008
                              • 1610

                              SW 3913 and other single stack 3rd gen SW pistols also.

                              Ya I like the Makarov Had an EGerman one.. Stupid to have sold it..
                              Join Date: Oct 2008
                              Location: Sacramento Area
                              Posts: 1,600
                              iTrader: 89 / 100%
                              Feedback Score: 89 reviews, 100%

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1