Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

night sights... glock 19

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • 45DAVID1
    Banned
    • Oct 2007
    • 12145

    night sights... glock 19

    I'm thinking of replacing my truglo night sights for the trijicon night sights. Anyone have any experience with the trijicons compared to other brands like truglo? The new trijicons will only cost $41.26 which seems like a good deal.
  • #2
    NOTARPilot
    Member
    • Mar 2009
    • 407

    If you are asking if Trijicon makes a good night sight the answer is yes.

    Comment

    • #3
      Baconator
      Bacon makes it better
      CGN Contributor - Lifetime
      • Jan 2009
      • 9547

      My 19 came with night sites, they are magical

      Comment

      • #4
        45DAVID1
        Banned
        • Oct 2007
        • 12145

        Originally posted by NOTARPilot
        If you are asking if Trijicon makes a good night sight the answer is yes.
        Not if they make good ones but how they compare with other brands.

        Comment

        • #5
          mattmcg
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2006
          • 937

          I've tried Trijicons and they are good but frankly like the AmeriGlo Operator sights much better. Thinner front blade, snag free, and quality tritium. You can also opt to get the front in green and the rear in a different color.

          Also helps that you can buy them direct from AmeriGlo and use coupon code "GSSF" for 25% off. Here is there site http://www.ameriglo.net/
          "Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." Benjamin Franklin, 1755

          Comment

          • #6
            jamesonamac
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 576

            Mind if I ask where you can get Trijicons for $41.26?
            Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin
            Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. -G. K. Chesterton

            Comment

            • #7
              codeman8
              Junior Member
              • Apr 2010
              • 33

              Originally posted by mattmcg
              I've tried Trijicons and they are good but frankly like the AmeriGlo Operator sights much better. Thinner front blade, snag free, and quality tritium. You can also opt to get the front in green and the rear in a different color.

              Also helps that you can buy them direct from AmeriGlo and use coupon code "GSSF" for 25% off. Here is there site http://www.ameriglo.net/
              ^+1 I really like my Ameriglo Operator sights. I prefer the thinner front blade and the green front with yellow rear. Ameriglo night sights are actually sent to trijicon who then inserts their tritium bulbs, and then sends them back to Ameriglo. (That's why Ameriglos actually say trijicon on the front and rear sight). So basically they are the same as trijicon night sights, but give you more options such as a thinner front sight, colors, etc. Here are the ones I have, GL147 http://www.opticsplanet.net/ameriglo-night-sights.html
              Last edited by codeman8; 04-11-2011, 11:58 PM.

              Comment

              • #8
                codeman8
                Junior Member
                • Apr 2010
                • 33

                Originally posted by 45DAVID1
                I'm thinking of replacing my truglo night sights for the trijicon night sights. Anyone have any experience with the trijicons compared to other brands like truglo? The new trijicons will only cost $41.26 which seems like a good deal.
                Im thinking that price might be for the rear sight only??

                Comment

                • #9
                  45DAVID1
                  Banned
                  • Oct 2007
                  • 12145

                  Originally posted by jamesonamac
                  Mind if I ask where you can get Trijicons for $41.26?
                  One of the detectives at the agency I work for took the Glock armorer course and he gets HUGE Glock discounts.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    fuenstock
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2011
                    • 543

                    What's the difference between Ameriglo operator and operator pro night sights? Do you guys prefer one over the other?

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      21SF
                      Veteran Member
                      • Oct 2010
                      • 3491

                      I have ameriglo's and the white outline around the tritium is faded already (on the front post)...less than 2 years old.
                      SA TRP Half rail, Glock 21SF, Spikes St-15, Ruger Alaskan .44, Saiga 7.62, GSSF Member
                      Diablo Rod & Gun Club
                      Originally posted by keenkeen
                      "What you've just posted is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever read. At no point in your rambling, incoherent post were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this forum is now dumber for having read it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul."

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        locosway
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jun 2009
                        • 11346

                        Originally posted by 45DAVID1
                        I'm thinking of replacing my truglo night sights for the trijicon night sights. Anyone have any experience with the trijicons compared to other brands like truglo? The new trijicons will only cost $41.26 which seems like a good deal.
                        I went with the Warren Tactical series which uses the Trijicon inserts. I couldn't be happier, and installation just took a few minutes with a brass punch, a wood bench and small 2x4 piece, and a C-clamp.
                        OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
                        NRA Certified Instructor
                        CA DOJ Certified Instructor
                        Glock Certified Armorer

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          jamesonamac
                          Senior Member
                          • Jun 2010
                          • 576

                          Originally posted by 45DAVID1
                          One of the detectives at the agency I work for took the Glock armorer course and he gets HUGE Glock discounts.
                          Calguns group buy??? See if he will hook us up, say he adds $20 to each set + a few bucks shipping. I'd be in for a set or two.
                          Any society that would give up a little liberty to gain a little security will deserve neither and lose both. -Benjamin Franklin
                          Tolerance is the virtue of the man without convictions. -G. K. Chesterton

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            45DAVID1
                            Banned
                            • Oct 2007
                            • 12145

                            Originally posted by jamesonamac
                            Calguns group buy??? See if he will hook us up, say he adds $20 to each set + a few bucks shipping. I'd be in for a set or two.
                            I will certainly ask him and see what he thinks.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              codeman8
                              Junior Member
                              • Apr 2010
                              • 33

                              Originally posted by fuenstock
                              What's the difference between Ameriglo operator and operator pro night sights? Do you guys prefer one over the other?
                              The Operator Pros give you a longer sight radius. I chose the normal operators because the rear sight is more squared off allowing you to rack the slide on your pants should one of your arms become useless.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1