Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Just bought my first Sig!

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • SA227driver
    Senior Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 1373

    Just bought my first Sig!

    So...I sold one of my Glocks to start saving toward a Sig P220. I went to my local shop in Brea, ProForce Law Enforcement (my job qualifies me under "first responder"). Well, I went in looking at the new P220's and didn't care much for the railed P220R, which is all they had. However, the store manager mentioned that they had a bunch of used Sig P220's for $429.99. This really peaked my interest. So, there I sat in ProForce for almost an hour looking at fourteen used Sig 220's, some were very good for being police trade ins. I finally settled on one and couldn't be happier. It's a 2nd Gen P220 non rail version. After tax and DROS the total came out to $502.61. I guess the point of the story is any of you that are LEO's, EMT, Fire, Rescue, etc. and are looking for a good deal on a Sig then I highly recommend that you check out ProForce over in Brea. Now my Sig is in "gun jail" and can't wait to take it to the range.
    NRA, CGF, GSSF, SAF member
    Certified Glock Armorer 2011, 2016

    "Praise be to the LORD my Rock, who trains my hands for war, my fingers for battle. -Psalm 144:1
  • #2
    Sturnovik
    Veteran Member
    • Feb 2010
    • 2937

    Originally posted by SA227driver
    So...I sold one of my Glocks to start saving toward a Sig P220. I went to my local shop in Brea, ProForce Law Enforcement (my job qualifies me under "first responder"). Well, I went in looking at the new P220's and didn't care much for the railed P220R, which is all they had. However, the store manager mentioned that they had a bunch of used Sig P220's for $429.99. This really peaked my interest. So, there I sat in ProForce for almost an hour looking at fourteen used Sig 220's, some were very good for being police trade ins. I finally settled on one and couldn't be happier. It's a 2nd Gen P220 non rail version. After tax and DROS the total came out to $502.61. I guess the point of the story is any of you that are LEO's, EMT, Fire, Rescue, etc. and are looking for a good deal on a Sig then I highly recommend that you check out ProForce over in Brea. Now my Sig is in "gun jail" and can't wait to take it to the range.
    Damn that price is a steal!
    You chose the cadillac of pistols. I have a few of them, be proud!

    Comment

    • #3
      rromeo
      Calguns Addict
      • Sep 2009
      • 6981

      Great deal on a great gun.
      Never initiate force against another. That should be the underlying principle of your life. But should someone do violence to you, retaliate without hesitation, without reservation, without quarter, until you are sure that he will never wish to harm - or never be capable of harming - you or yours again.

      - from THE SECOND BOOK OF KYFHO
      (Revised Eastern Sect Edition)

      Comment

      • #4
        jermzzzzzzz
        Senior Member
        • Jan 2008
        • 817

        Trading a Glock for a Sig huh.......AWESOME DEAL
        sigpic United States Air Force Security Forces

        Comment

        • #5
          Noxx
          Senior Member
          • Aug 2009
          • 1653

          Great price on a 45 you're gonna LOVE

          Comment

          • #6
            xtalpimp
            Member
            • Feb 2006
            • 336

            Xcelent buy!

            Comment

            • #7
              den888
              I need a LIFE!!
              • Jul 2009
              • 10520

              Congrats!

              Comment

              • #8
                Prenub
                Member
                • Sep 2010
                • 254

                Nice choice. Now it's time to upgrade to a 1911!!!
                Rifles for Sale!
                http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=969304

                Comment

                • #9
                  jermzzzzzzz
                  Senior Member
                  • Jan 2008
                  • 817

                  Originally posted by Prenub
                  Nice choice. Now it's time to upgrade to a 1911!!!
                  I'd hardly consider going from a Sig to a 1911 a "step up or upgrade" They're apples and oranges.
                  sigpic United States Air Force Security Forces

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Sturnovik
                    Veteran Member
                    • Feb 2010
                    • 2937

                    Originally posted by jermzzzzzzz
                    I'd hardly consider going from a Sig to a 1911 a "step up or upgrade" They're apples and oranges.
                    I totally agree. I'm a long time Sig owner and I just bought a 1911. There totally different and both excellent.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      SIGSHOOTR
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 657

                      Congrats!
                      sigpic
                      We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
                      For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
                      Shall be my brother-- Henry V

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        9mmepiphany
                        Calguns Addict
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 8075

                        Good timing, you'll be very happy. While you're waiting, get yourself a supply of ACT-Mags and decide if you want to replace the grips

                        Here is a picture of mine to help you pass the time while waiting

                        ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          bluersx925
                          Junior Member
                          • Apr 2010
                          • 26

                          i have the p220 with the hogue grips. it's a sweet gun!! have fun w/ it.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            RT13
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2006
                            • 1407

                            Congrats! You're in my neck of the woods OP. Was just at the OC Indoor Range yesterday. I've been to Pro Force but I don't qualify even though I work in a hospital, have "first responder" type credentials, licensure, training, etc. Sucks! I thought it was funny that emt's qualify but I didn't when emt's have less than half the training and knowledge I have. Oh well... What's the discount anyways?

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              aca72
                              Veteran Member
                              • Jan 2006
                              • 3250

                              Excellent choice!

                              The P220 is the big daddy of SIGs.

                              I'm sure it won't be your only SIG.
                              Long live CALGUNS!

                              Selling: ✮ GLOCK ✮ Beretta ✮ SIG Sauer ✮ Stuff ✮

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1