Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Bad ammo from walmart.

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Chuck67
    Member
    • May 2010
    • 395

    Bad ammo from walmart.

    I picked up two value packs (250rds) of remington UMC 9mm this weekend from WalMart (cerritos) and I think I got a bad bunch of ammo. Every round I fired would cause lots of sparks to come out of the barrel. I fired rounds from both packs in three different guns (glock 17, 26, XD 9) and sparks were still coming out gun. I was told by the RO I couldnt shoot my ammo anymore because of the sparks, so now Im stuck with bad ammo. I to be giving remington a call. On a better note I shot my glock 17 & 26 for the first time and I love them, especially the 26. They were both pretty d*mn accurate even with the crappy ammo.

    Here is a vid of the ammo through my XD


    First 5 rounds through the G17 @ 12yrds (pretty good for me)
    Last edited by Chuck67; 03-07-2011, 12:19 PM.
    Originally posted by Lead Waster
    Look, that bum on the corner needs to get his booze money somehow. If the gov't doesn't give him his "pay" that he "earned" by being born in America, then what kind of society do we live in?
  • #2
    Joe
    Calguns Addict
    • Apr 2006
    • 5730

    Very weird. I wonder what would cause that.

    Comment

    • #3
      Milsurps
      Senior Member
      • May 2010
      • 2232

      [QUOTE=Chuck67;5954975]
      Here is a vid of the ammo through my XD
      http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFWSxNuHxBY">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SFWSxNuHxBY" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="425" height="350">

      QUOTE]


      This should work better...




      WoW I've shot value packs (250rds) of remington UMC 9mm and never seen that.
      sigpic
      Dulce Bellum Inexpertis

      NRA Patron Member
      NRA Range Safety Officer
      California Rifle & Pistol Association Member


      I am not a product of my circumstances. I am a product of my decisions.
      كافر

      Comment

      • #4
        Chuck67
        Member
        • May 2010
        • 395

        Thank you ^
        Originally posted by Lead Waster
        Look, that bum on the corner needs to get his booze money somehow. If the gov't doesn't give him his "pay" that he "earned" by being born in America, then what kind of society do we live in?

        Comment

        • #5
          NorCal Einstein
          Senior Member
          • Nov 2010
          • 1242

          I've had this happen with ~100 rounds of 9mm UMC before. This was ammo sold by the indoor range designated as "range ammo" as well!

          Comment

          • #6
            jph
            Junior Member
            • Jan 2011
            • 36

            i've shot two boxes of UMC, and i saw sparks too.


            J.

            Comment

            • #7
              tonelar
              Dinosaur
              • Mar 2008
              • 6081

              looks like what i'd expect from old ammo... i had a bad case of Remington (white and green boxes) 9mm last year that had about 3 per 100 would just fail to fire. Solid primer strikes, but no BOOM.

              After a while, I pulled about half the boxes and used them to teach my nephews about clearing malfunctions.
              Last edited by tonelar; 03-07-2011, 12:34 PM.
              sigpic

              Comment

              • #8
                jpham209
                Member
                • Jan 2010
                • 216

                Buena Park Walmart has the same ammo. Shot with sparks but not much as the one in your vid.

                Comment

                • #9
                  compulsivegunbuyer
                  Veteran Member
                  • Feb 2007
                  • 2640

                  I had the same issue shooting UMC, lots of sparks, some even making it to the ground. I did not bother calling Remington, as UMC is just crap ammo. It's DIRTY also. Do a internet search and you will find many complaints of this very problem with UMC. I just stick to WWB for my Glock and have had no problems.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    NorCal Einstein
                    Senior Member
                    • Nov 2010
                    • 1242

                    Originally posted by jpham209
                    Buena Park Walmart has the same ammo. Shot with sparks but not much as the one in your vid.
                    I'll 2nd this. My sparks with UMC were not as much as what I saw in your video...at least I think. Didn't have anyone off to the side watching

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      PandaLuv
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2011
                      • 641

                      The sparks looked like fireworks.

                      Can you get a refund?
                      Молон Лабе
                      I'd rather be carried by 6 than judged by 12

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Chuck67
                        Member
                        • May 2010
                        • 395

                        Originally posted by NorCal Einstein
                        I'll 2nd this. My sparks with UMC were not as much as what I saw in your video...at least I think. Didn't have anyone off to the side watching
                        When actually shooting the gun, you could'nt realize the sparks that much. But while watching it was very noticeable
                        Originally posted by Lead Waster
                        Look, that bum on the corner needs to get his booze money somehow. If the gov't doesn't give him his "pay" that he "earned" by being born in America, then what kind of society do we live in?

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          CSACANNONEER
                          CGN/CGSSA Contributor - Lifetime
                          CGN Contributor - Lifetime
                          • Dec 2006
                          • 44094

                          This is not "bad ammo" and the fact that you bought it at Walmart has no bearing on your preceived "problem". The "sparks" are just powder still burning after it has left the barrel. The fact is that Remington has had some real QC issues in the last few years. They have released ammo without flash holes which has blown up a lot of guns! But again, your ammo is not "bad". It is just not what you or the RO are used to or want to shoot. Obviously, by looking at your target, the ammo is consistant.
                          NRA Certified Pistol, Rifle, Shotgun and Metallic Cartridge Reloading Instructor
                          California DOJ Certified Fingerprint Roller
                          Ventura County approved CCW Instructor
                          Utah CCW Instructor


                          Offering low cost multi state CCW, private basic shooting and reloading classes for calgunners.

                          sigpic
                          CCW SAFE MEMBERSHIPS HERE

                          KM6WLV

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            alex45auto
                            Senior Member
                            • Dec 2008
                            • 987

                            First 5 rounds through the G17 @ 12yrds (pretty good for me)


                            I believe that's 12 feet from your video and not yards. 12 Yards woud be closer to the back stop at a 50 feet range..

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Munk
                              Senior Member
                              • Jun 2010
                              • 2124

                              Originally posted by CSACANNONEER
                              They have released ammo without flash holes which has blown up a lot of guns! But again, your ammo is not "bad".
                              I find this FAR more terrifying than a bit of still-burning powder going flying. Especially when you consider that there's no way to check for it before firing.
                              Originally posted by greasemonkey
                              1911's instill fairy dust in the bullets, making them more deadly.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1