Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Ruger Blackhawk - 30 Carbine

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • dfletcher
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Dec 2006
    • 14810

    Ruger Blackhawk - 30 Carbine

    My contribution to SF's "Gifts for Guns" was to buy a (new model) Ruger Blackhawk in 30 Carbine. I'm thinking about scoping it and would like to know if anyone has suggestions regarding a mount. I don't mind removing the rear sight, but I don't want to do any drilling/tapping & I don't want to damage the finish.

    Any suggestions on a solid mount?
    GOA Member & SAF Life Member
  • #2
    PsychoTrucker
    Member
    • May 2007
    • 218

    I know they make them for the single six but I havent found any for the blackhawk
    this is what happens when a warped sense of humor takes over your mind

    Comment

    • #3
      maxicon
      Veteran Member
      • Oct 2005
      • 4661

      Weigand makes one for the Redhawk/Blackhawk/Super Blackhawk:
      Multi-model scope mount (Ruger Redhawk/Blackhawk/Bisley/GP-100)—tool-free install, rock-solid – Free Shipping!


      They make good stuff. I've got an older Weigand mount for the rear sight slot on my MK512, and it's very solid and stable, if a bit heavy. They should be able to answer any questions about fit.

      B-square also makes a Blackhawk mount, but it's got clamps that fit on the barrel, and they've been known to scuff the bluing. I'm not too fond of B-square stuff in general.


      As for whether the same mount works on the .30 Carbine version, I'd also ask over at www.rugerforum.com. Great bunch of folks, and very helpful on all things Ruger.

      I'm looking forward to a range report on this one. I've wanted one for a while, and let one get away not long back.
      Last edited by maxicon; 07-29-2007, 8:39 PM.
      sigpic
      NRA Life Member

      Comment

      • #4
        dfletcher
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Dec 2006
        • 14810

        The Weigand requires d & t. I agree with you on B Square - I've tried a few of their mounts & they are just too mickey mouse. Their aluminium body causes stripped screw holes or an unsecure fit. I don't think I'll ever again buy any of their products.

        The Ruger forum gave me this suggestion and the reviews @ Midway were very good. http://www.grafs.com/optics/product/140024

        Ordered one tonight and am looking for a small 2X or 2.5X scope.
        GOA Member & SAF Life Member

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1