Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Soon to order my first Kimber

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • camron882
    Member
    • Feb 2011
    • 445

    Soon to order my first Kimber

    i own a walther P99 right now and i was gonna get a warrior, but im settling on the Blued TLE/RL II with VZ Operator II grips in the light desert color. Im getting it for $933 shipped plus whatever other fees im going to pay. i cant wait...i order in late april or May. i know kimber is great and i have small hands so it fits well.

    the only bad thing ive heard is some feeding issues, are these true? im getting it for

    my wife isnt very happy..."you already have a gun.....why do you need another one?"
    Me: " I dont need anything, i want this and i work damn hard for my money and im getting the kimber."

    shell get over it
  • #2
    Knight_Who_Says_Ni
    Member
    • Jun 2010
    • 399

    Originally posted by camron882

    my wife isnt very happy..."you already have a gun.....why do you need another one?"
    Me: " I dont need anything, i want this and i work damn hard for my money and im getting the kimber."

    shell get over it
    Ask her why she needs 20 pairs of shoes or 5 purses! She'll get mover it really quickly!

    Comment

    • #3
      camron882
      Member
      • Feb 2011
      • 445

      Originally posted by Knight_Who_Says_Ni
      Ask her why she needs 20 pairs of shoes or 5 purses! She'll get mover it really quickly!
      shes a walmart, mossy oak, no makeup, southern raised beauty. she doesnt buy alot so that one is hard. but i am the only income right now and im ALWAYS PAYING BILLS. so i saved and this is what im getting lol

      Comment

      • #4
        InGrAM
        Veteran Member
        • Dec 2010
        • 3699

        Save and buy her an education. Then tell her to get a job and buy you something jkjk. good choice kimbers got the word on 1911's

        Comment

        • #5
          becktherecce
          Member
          • Mar 2010
          • 191

          I have a Kimber and never have any feed issues, only issue I've had was the grips loosening a bit after about 1000 rounds through it, which I ended up buying new grips from Strider anyways and haven't had a problem since, although I am going to probably buy a Nighthawk for my next 1911, I'd back a Kimber any day.

          Comment

          • #6
            kahai808
            Senior Member
            • Jun 2010
            • 745

            Sounds like a great girl!
            I have had 3 Kimber's (now 2) and i havent had any issues with feeding. The first thing i did was change the mags out, i use Chip's now. Kimpro's are good too. Enjoy your Kimber
            Originally posted by OutlawDon
            The mission will drive the equipment choice. Choose wisely.

            Comment

            • #7
              camron882
              Member
              • Feb 2011
              • 445

              i wanna get the Wilson Combat mags due to a friend (MARSOC marine) telling me how reliable they are. Im dead on with my 9mm and im sure ill be fine with the .45.

              How much are chips compared to the wilsons and so they have the plastic notch at the bottom like the wilsons?

              and the wife still wants a Mossberg 500 mossy oak....maybe christmas lol

              Comment

              • #8
                camron882
                Member
                • Feb 2011
                • 445

                Originally posted by becktherecce
                I have a Kimber and never have any feed issues, only issue I've had was the grips loosening a bit after about 1000 rounds through it, which I ended up buying new grips from Strider anyways and haven't had a problem since, although I am going to probably buy a Nighthawk for my next 1911, I'd back a Kimber any day.
                im getting VZ grips...i want the blonde on black look, not the all black i already have a gun with that look.

                Comment

                • #9
                  kahai808
                  Senior Member
                  • Jun 2010
                  • 745

                  You'll love the VZ grips, i got black on black with my Tactical Pro and Dark Earth with my Warrior! You can get the Chips for around 20 bucks. They have the plastic just like the wilson's do.
                  Originally posted by OutlawDon
                  The mission will drive the equipment choice. Choose wisely.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    camron882
                    Member
                    • Feb 2011
                    • 445

                    Originally posted by kahai808
                    You'll love the VZ grips, i got black on black with my Tactical Pro and Dark Earth with my Warrior! You can get the Chips for around 20 bucks. They have the plastic just like the wilson's do.
                    sweet, im gettin the Operator IIs in the desert...earth is too dark for me.

                    how do you like the warrior. i couldnt see spending an extra $300+ for grips, similar night sights, ambi. thumb safety, and a lanyard loop...seems like your paying for a special edition really.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      kahai808
                      Senior Member
                      • Jun 2010
                      • 745

                      Originally posted by camron882
                      sweet, im gettin the Operator IIs in the desert...earth is too dark for me.

                      how do you like the warrior. i couldnt see spending an extra $300+ for grips, similar night sights, ambi. thumb safety, and a lanyard loop...seems like your paying for a special edition really.
                      i like the warrior, its been a tac driver. Actually i did get the desert not the earth. its pretty much the same but you get the extra features you mentioned. I got rid of the lanyard loop and put the Ed Brown Magwell on it. Your right, your pretty much paying for the extra crap that i really didnt use. The TLE/RL will do just fine. I was actually shopping for a MC Operator but they were hard to come by.


                      Originally posted by OutlawDon
                      The mission will drive the equipment choice. Choose wisely.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        kTC xDEICIDEx
                        Member
                        • Sep 2010
                        • 408

                        Congrats on that Kimber you won't be disappointed. Just upgrade to some better magazines. Kim Pro Tac Mags work great I highly recommend them. 

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          zdragon
                          Member
                          • Jan 2010
                          • 414

                          Originally posted by camron882

                          the only bad thing ive heard is some feeding issues, are these true? im getting it for

                          believe nothing you hear...half what you see or read, 100% your own gut feeling.

                          i've shot and tested 3 brand spanking nib Kimbers within the last 10 days....not a single issue found.
                          Last edited by zdragon; 03-04-2011, 3:43 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            DArBad
                            Veteran Member
                            • Dec 2009
                            • 3002

                            I followed ^^^^^^^^^^^^ his advise, and became a happy-as-clown Kimber owner. I bought the basic Kimber Custom II from a fellow calgunner. The piece is pretty, accurate, and reliable----and that's no bull.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              camron882
                              Member
                              • Feb 2011
                              • 445

                              Awesome

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1