Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Anyone have this: Beretta JS92F14 (compact)

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • swrdply400mrelay
    Member
    • Aug 2010
    • 250

    Anyone have this: Beretta JS92F14 (compact)

    I couldn't find these on the Beretta website, but apparently these are smaller than the Beretta 92:




    Anyone have one? Anyone know the dimensions?
  • #2
    kenjimatic
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 884

    I don't think beretta makes this model anymore. I was able to get this one and the full size from a private party but the seller insisted on giving me 2 10 round, full size 92fs, magazines and not give me the 13 round(flush fit) magazines as a rebuild kit because he said he don't want to get into trouble for "transferring" a hi-cap magazine. I explained to him that if he gives it to me as a rebuild kit so I can block it to make it a 10 rounder it's legal, he wouldn't budge so I left it at that. The gun shoots great and its great for people for smaller hands. The gun itself isn't too small compared to the standard full size 92fs. The grip is slightly thinner but I can't really tell the difference. You can definitely feel the grip being shorter, the barrel don't protrude as much as the full size 92fs. Good luck hunting for one.

    Comment

    • #3
      swrdply400mrelay
      Member
      • Aug 2010
      • 250

      Originally posted by kenjimatic
      I don't think beretta makes this model anymore. I was able to get this one and the full size from a private party but the seller insisted on giving me 2 10 round, full size 92fs, magazines and not give me the 13 round(flush fit) magazines as a rebuild kit because he said he don't want to get into trouble for "transferring" a hi-cap magazine. I explained to him that if he gives it to me as a rebuild kit so I can block it to make it a 10 rounder it's legal, he wouldn't budge so I left it at that. The gun shoots great and its great for people for smaller hands. The gun itself isn't too small compared to the standard full size 92fs. The grip is slightly thinner but I can't really tell the difference. You can definitely feel the grip being shorter, the barrel don't protrude as much as the full size 92fs. Good luck hunting for one.
      According to Bud's, Beretta is making them again after 10 years of not making them, and apparently Bud's has a batch of them. The price quote I got was $560. Just didn't want to buy one and only to have Beretta discontinue them again; I'd think it'd be hard to get parts and mags for it.

      Comment

      • #4
        JeepFreak
        Senior Member
        • May 2010
        • 511

        I hear they just showed back up in the newest Bass Pro Shop catalog after a long hiatus. There is some talk of it over on BerettaForum.net
        Billy

        Comment

        • #5
          aguilar64
          Junior Member
          • Dec 2010
          • 1

          Jerry's Sports Center has them in stock...

          Comment

          • #6
            LRT
            Junior Member
            • Apr 2011
            • 2

            I bought a new one from Acadamy Sports and like it. What I found is it is the only one, besides the 92FS, carrying the Pietro Beretta name & made in Italy. Other models are made in USA without the PB name. The Acadamy store only had 2 & will not get more but do carry the 92FS made in Italy for now at least. Makes me wonder about Beretta USA splitting from PB completely if market trends dictate it and become an importer only. But for now the F14 is nowhere on Beretta USA's website.
            The barrel is 4.29" vs 4.9" on the FS. Frame Is proportional with a 13 round mag which is not sold seperately on B USA website.

            Comment

            • #7
              T-bone1976
              Junior Member
              • May 2011
              • 1

              Anybody know if this model can have the magazine drop put on the other side, just like the full sized FS92?

              Comment

              Working...
              UA-8071174-1