Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

My Kahr PM40 Experence

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • pontiacpratt
    Senior Member
    • Sep 2009
    • 1663

    My Kahr PM40 Experence


    Tried out a Kahr PM40 tonight.
    Pro's: Thin. Small Light. Laser Sights. Large caliber (.40S&W). Good capacity for a compact (6 rounds) Smooth Trigger. Double action only.
    Con's: Kicks like a mule (with Winchester PDX1 worse). Thin Grip compared to my Beretta Storm.
    Final Opinion... I'm really interested this might very well be the ticket. I was looking for .380 or 9mm to start but the .40 has so much more energy, and with this pistol it's available in a small package For Example:
    At muzzle with Hornady Critical Defense 4" barrel:
    .380= 200 FT-LBS
    9mm= 332 FT-LBS
    .40SW= 506 FT-LBS
    I might very well go and put the money on the table when I go to return it.
    A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
    -Marko Kloos
  • #2
    locosway
    I need a LIFE!!
    • Jun 2009
    • 11346

    Don't get caught up in energy, the 9mm performs just as well as a .40 or .45. To be honest, in a smaller gun like that, a 9mm with 147gr rounds would be ideal.
    OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
    NRA Certified Instructor
    CA DOJ Certified Instructor
    Glock Certified Armorer

    Comment

    • #3
      pontiacpratt
      Senior Member
      • Sep 2009
      • 1663

      Good to know Locosway. This would be a really good deal on a used gun that I'd be buying so I'm kinda stuck on caliber... unless I want to pay full price for a new one.
      A mugger, even an armed one, can only make a successful living in a society where the state has granted him a force monopoly.
      -Marko Kloos

      Comment

      • #4
        locosway
        I need a LIFE!!
        • Jun 2009
        • 11346

        Ahh, if it's used and a good deal then go for it! I've heard nothing but good things about Kahr even if they aren't my cup of tea.

        Since it's a short barrel you may want to use +p rounds which will give you a bit more velocity, but that's subjective to the shooter and what they can handle. The .40 is a bit snappy already in a small package like that, so +p might be a bit much for some people.
        OCSD Approved CCW Instructor
        NRA Certified Instructor
        CA DOJ Certified Instructor
        Glock Certified Armorer

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1