Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
Help finding a production date
Collapse
X
-
D serial prefix Model 10 D750001 to D870000 1975-1976, Supica's book p.399
next...
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022
NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it. -
Thanks that is a big help. I knew someone would have a one of the books with that info."Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
~Ben Franklin
159Comment
-
N serial prefix Model 28 N900000 1982 to N97xxxx 1986 Supica's p. 398
My guess is 1985-1986 based on s/n ranges made prior, S&W would give you exact date range."Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022
NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.Comment
-
FWIW I had looked all over the net for S&W data and ended up getting Supica's book just for these darn serial number date codes.
"Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022
NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.Comment
-
Yeah I spent about an hour with Google and only found some books, one of which is the one you mentioned. S&W says it takes something like 10-12 weeks to get background info from them. Like I said, I figured someone here would have one of the books."Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety."
~Ben Franklin
159Comment
-
Your Welcome Ranger295! When I went through the same ordeal, it made me really appreciate Glock's serial date code system! Take it easy."Bruen, the Bruen opinion, I believe, discarded the intermediate scrutiny test that I also thought was not very useful; and has, instead, replaced it with a text history and tradition test." Judge Benitez 12-12-2022
NRA Endowment Life Member, CRPA Life Member
GLOCK (Gen 1-5, G42/43), Colt AR15/M16/M4, Sig P320, Sig P365, Beretta 90 series, Remington 870, HK UMP Factory Armorer
Remington Nylon, 1911, HK, Ruger, Hudson H9 Armorer, just for fun!
I instruct it if you shoot it.Comment
-
I finally bought the latest edition of the Supica book a while back. It's a great resource, and lots of fun to browse, though it makes my wallet all loose...sigpic
NRA Life MemberComment
-
Gents
If you're interested, PM me for the S&W "inside" number where you can get your info in about 90 seconds.
Be forwarned however, if too many folks start calling it everyday with numerous serial number info requests, they'll (S&W) will shut it down. Just one or two requets every couple of weeks is cool. Thanks.Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,849
Posts: 25,152,357
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,793
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 16766 users online. 131 members and 16635 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment