What handgun did you first get? Either it be for home defense, range use or duty gun. I am looking to get my first handgun in August when I turn 21. And I know it comes down to personal preference but am looking for a gun to use for when I go do security. What handgun would you recommend? I was thinking about A Sig Sauer Mosquito due to the price but have seen a lot of negative reviews. But I am looking for a handgun to use on duty for security.
Unconfigured Ad Widget
Collapse
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
|
What was your first handgun?
Collapse
X
-
My first was an HK USP Compact .40.
Just my opinion, but if you plan to do some kind of armed security, I think you'll want something with a little more ballistic stopping power than a .22
I am not sure what your budget is, but any of the following are great first guns:
- Beretta 92/96
- HK USPC/P2000
- Glock 17/19 or 22/23
I am partial to .40, but I threw some 9mm up there as well.Comment
-
Glock 19.
+1 A Mosquito is a poor choice for the use you have specified.
Recommendations:
Glock 17/19
CZ-75 SP-01"When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff
"Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm XComment
-
Yea the Mosquito was a poor use of an example, sorry about that everyone. I am looking for a gun to use for duty purposes. Guns like Sig Sauer, Glock, M&P are some of my favorites even though I never handled a handgun. But I do like a gun with a thumb safety and hammer.Comment
-
Yea where I got my guard card they have a range so I am going to call and see if I can rent a handgun and see. I am new to all this so I dont know if they will let me being that I am only 20yrs old. Oh and I hope I posted this thread in the correct spot.Comment
-
CZ75...thats what I would get for a gun with a thumb safety and a hammer."I am the bastard son...The expendable one...
...War is in my blood ...Rage is in my heart."
Originally posted by oaklanderI didn't miss the bend-over-party every time a friend wanted to get in my back seat. . .Originally posted by ChrisO.......No not a Knights In Satans Service rifle lol.Comment
-
sigpic PM 4 Front Sight diamond
"If guns kill people, do pencils misspell words?"
Comment
Calguns.net Statistics
Collapse
Topics: 1,868,773
Posts: 25,151,533
Members: 358,862
Active Members: 5,815
Welcome to our newest member, 1776 Arms.
What's Going On
Collapse
There are currently 23251 users online. 116 members and 23135 guests.
Most users ever online was 239,041 at 10:39 PM on 02-14-2026.

Comment