Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Revolvers today

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #31
    MudCamper
    Veteran Member
    • Mar 2007
    • 4605

    Originally posted by 1JimMarch
    Daily carry here in Tucson:

    You know, I've often wanted to go back to my Ruger Bisley for self defense. But the "experts" always deride it.

    Nice holster. Did you make it?

    Comment

    • #32
      RedFord150
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2009
      • 5665

      Originally posted by MudCamper
      You know, I've often wanted to go back to my Ruger Bisley for self defense. But the "experts" always deride it. ...
      I often wonder what those 'experts' would be saying if they were looking down the 'Business End' of a single action in .45 LC or .44 mag. Think of it this way;
      1) The gun WILL go bang. Period. No Doubt. End of story. No feeding issues, no bad magazines, no weak springs, no poor ammo selection, etc.
      2) The guy pointing it probably REALLY likes to shoot it and has become very proficient with it.
      3) Wherever that slug lands, it is going to do some damage. Do we really need to argue about 'shot placement' or follow-up shots?
      4) The sound and the flash will likely induce Heart Failure in anyone within 20 yards.

      Can we say this about the Glock 19 or the Beretta 92FS?
      Just a thought...
      God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

      Comment

      • #33
        Sturnovik
        Veteran Member
        • Feb 2010
        • 2937

        Originally posted by jdg30
        I love revolvers and if I could only have one gun, I would choose a revolver. I like revolvers because they aren't finicky about different ammunition, they are inherently reliable and they are just beautiful guns to look at and handle. I usually shoot just as good or better with a revolver than many semiautos. I also like that with a revolver, I don't have to worry about my brass being ejected all over the scene. With practice, the revolver is very accurate and I don't feel the need to have large capacity magazines to increase the likelihood that I'll hit the target I'm aiming at. With that said, I would prefer a revolver and a semiauto for the best of both worlds.
        +1,000

        I absolutely agree! If I could only have one it'd be a revolver bar none. I own both simply because I can afford to have both and because its best of both worlds.

        Comment

        • #34
          Coded-Dude
          Calguns Addict
          • Dec 2010
          • 6705

          I still need to get a nice full size single action revolver. haven't shot one in years. I'm still not too great with my snubby 38(not as good as i am with my full size 45 1911), but i've been practicing.

          revolvers are awesome!
          x2

          Originally posted by Deadbolt
          watching this state and country operate is like watching a water park burn down. doesn't make sense.
          Originally posted by Obama
          Team 6 showed up in choppers, it was so cash. Lit his house with red dots like it had a rash. Navy SEALs dashed inside his house, left their heads spinning...then flew off in the night screaming "Duh, WINNING!"

          Comment

          • #35
            RedFord150
            Calguns Addict
            • Oct 2009
            • 5665

            Originally posted by Coded-Dude
            I still need to get a nice full size single action revolver...I'm still not too great with my snubby 38(not as good as i am with my full size 45 1911) ...
            Nobody is all that great with a .38 snubby ;-)...
            Try a big SA in the caliber of your choice. You will amaze yourself.
            God Did Not Create All Men Equal, Colonel Colt Did.

            Comment

            • #36
              Desert Dude
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 112

              Originally posted by 1JimMarch
              Daily carry here in Tucson:

              I shoot a pair of these Ruger Bad Boy Vaqueros in competition, one in each hand, at the same time. We call it shooting "Gunfighter". At 20 to 30 feet they are VERY accurate and the double tap is always soooo nice.

              Never never a FTF, haystack or any other malfunction.

              Comment

              • #37
                scarville
                CGN/CGSSA Contributor
                • Feb 2009
                • 2325

                Originally posted by RedFord150
                Nobody is all that great with a .38 snubby ;-)...
                Try a big SA in the caliber of your choice. You will amaze yourself.
                About two months ago I finally broke down and bought a centerfire SA. I was a used Ruger Blackhawk that I wasn't too interested in until i saw it also had a 45 ACP cylinder.
                Politicians and criminals are moral twins separated only by legal fiction.

                Comment

                • #38
                  Argonaut
                  Senior Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 1352

                  I had a discussion like this with some LE buddies a few years ago. They were more afraid of facing a revolver shooter than a gang banger with a semi auto. They said the revolver guys have a different mindset, They aim and will kill you, the semi auto guys want to spray ammo and may get lucky. I love my wheel guns and saw several agencies in Arizona last week that still carried them. The Indian agency in South Dakota still carries peacemakers in .45 long Colt. I also love my 1911's but have shot so much that they shoot pretty much the same to me, one shot at a time, aimed and deliberate. The 45ACP has the same ballistics as a 45 LC by design as well.

                  Comment

                  • #39
                    eqlzr
                    Member
                    • Jan 2011
                    • 140

                    Not sure about the rest of the world, but here's where I am with revolvers. If I want to take someone to the range to entertain them or teach them, I bring along my nicest, sweetest, most accurate and pleasant to shoot gun: a S&W Model 66 (no dash) revolver with a 4 inch barrel. Like buttah all the way around. They are always impressed at how often you can hit the 100 yard gong with it.

                    Comment

                    • #40
                      liketoshoot
                      Veteran Member
                      • Jan 2008
                      • 3810

                      Originally posted by MudCamper
                      I've got this bad-boy in 10-day jail right now:



                      Loaded with 8 rounds of 357 and equipped with a good weapon light, this revolver is going to be my new bedside defense gun.
                      yea, I thought the same thing, then my wife gave me that look so I keep a 1911 on my side now. win win
                      sigpic
                      Thieves are the lowest form of life out there, except for liberal politicians, of course, but that's redundant.

                      Comment

                      • #41
                        1JimMarch
                        Senior Member
                        • Jul 2008
                        • 1803

                        Nice holster. Did you make it?
                        Yup.

                        See those holes up and down each side? Those are alternate mounting points for the belt connection. I can adjust tilt angle and ride height to whatever I want.

                        The same rig can adapt from high-ride crossdraw to lower-ride FBI forward tilt strongside to SOB with an extreme cant. It also grabs the belt and cinches tight, so it has the close-ride characteristics of a pancake type...only closer .

                        Licensed under a Creative Commons Non-Commercial Attribution license. Seriously, I'll help anybody make one for themselves. I hope to license it for commercial sale at some point...it's...unique.

                        Comment

                        • #42
                          JSutter
                          Junior Member
                          • Jan 2011
                          • 13

                          I know of a few street cops carrying the eight shot S&W's on duty, but it seems most Departments don't allow that anymore. Some of those old guys can really shoot.

                          Comment

                          Working...
                          UA-8071174-1