Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Big hands revolver grip

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • corrupt
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 1097

    Big hands revolver grip

    Ladies and Gents,

    I have heard that you want a "deep" grip of the trigger on a revolver, but how deep?

    I have XXL hands, and it feels comfortable to me to put the pad of the middle digit of my finger on the face of the trigger. I have previously been using the crease just below the pad of my top digit.

    I have not yet tried this trigger finger placement at the range, but I also created this thread to see if there was anyone else out there with big hands who like to shoot revolvers that have any tips.


    Thanks!

    Never water another man's whiskey.
  • #2
    paul0660
    In Memoriam
    • Jul 2007
    • 15669

    That is my favorite vid. I only have J frames, and shooting like Jerry helped my technique a hundred times.

    The only problem with using the middle pad, that I can think of, would be interference as the fingertip comes back and touches the gun, off hand, or strong hand. It is actually an important part of double action shooting, imo, to have the trigger finger sticking through enough to make SOME contact, and reliably predict the break that way.

    Jerry, I have heard, has the biggest hands seen on a regular size guy. He is definitely the guy to emulate.
    *REMOVE THIS PART BEFORE POSTING*

    Comment

    • #3
      shooting4life
      Calguns Addict
      • Jan 2009
      • 5770

      I like the bill Jordan style grips. Have a set on my 25-5 and shown below on my 624 which is just slightly smaller since it was set up for a rd butt.

      Comment

      • #4
        9mmepiphany
        Calguns Addict
        • Jul 2008
        • 8075

        Jerry has huge hands and he mostly advocates using the first portion of your trigger finger. When you put too much finger on the trigger, you start getting interference with the frame, on the right side, as you contract your finger during the trigger press
        ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

        Comment

        • #5
          corrupt
          Senior Member
          • Dec 2008
          • 1097

          Yeah I can see that when I dry fire a little faster it has a tendency to yank the shot since I can't isolate most of the motion in just my first two joints of my finger when I'm using the second.

          I've seen other people advocate using the crease of the finger specifically on revolvers. I'm gonna play around a little more with my grip too. I can shoot good groups and control recoil, I just want to get better. The good thing is this means I just get to shoot more
          Never water another man's whiskey.

          Comment

          • #6
            9mmepiphany
            Calguns Addict
            • Jul 2008
            • 8075

            I was taught to press the DA trigger with the crease of my finger and even remember Ayoob writing about it. I used it for years with pretty good results, but as my speed would increase, accuracy would go down...not just the spread (to be expected), but the shot placement.

            I started paying attention to what the better (faster and more accurate) revolver shooters were doing and learned to use less finger on the trigger (it helps when you have a tuned action). We used to always shoot with a smoothed trigger face too, but Jerry teaches that you'll shoot better, at speed, with a serrated trigger...because it gives you consistence of finger placement
            ...because the journey is the worthier part...The Shepherd's Tale

            Comment

            Working...
            UA-8071174-1