Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

S&W Sigma 40VE Trigger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • automatikdonn
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 248

    S&W Sigma 40VE Trigger

    I modded my Sigma trigger by removing the pigtail spring, cutting down the big spring, and smoothing the Sear... 12lb trigger goes to 5lb.......but

    Has anyone else done this?

    Have you had any reliability issues since then?


    I have rolled 350+ rounds since with no issues, but I looking long term
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

    -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
    sigpic
  • #2
    automatikdonn
    Member
    • Jan 2011
    • 248

    Ok, that would be no one......
    "No free man shall ever be debarred the use of arms. The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government"

    -- Thomas Jefferson, 1 Thomas Jefferson Papers, 334
    sigpic

    Comment

    • #3
      Cali-Shooter
      Calguns Addict
      • Oct 2009
      • 9192

      I used to have a sw9ve, I removed the pigtail spring and another small spring that was inside another spring if I recollect, and it loosely made the trigger drop down from 12 lb to like 6-7 lbs. I had no issues again after that in my use up until the gun was sold.
      In Glock We Trust.
      Originally posted by jeep7081
      My wife sleeps better knowing we have a zombie killer... Saiga AK47! Although my neighbor with his AR has restless nights.
      Originally posted by AleksandreCz
      Thank god the Federal Government is there to protect us from the Federal Government
      WTS: Revision 'Desert Locust' tactical Ballistic/Protective eyewear goggles NEW & USED pairs
      http://www.calguns.net/calgunforum/s...d.php?t=737563

      Comment

      • #4
        bigthaiboy
        Veteran Member
        • Apr 2007
        • 4795

        From what I've read on the S&W forums is that this trigger mod is fine for regular ammo, there has been cases of the trigger not resetting with +P ammo. The long and the short of it is, if you're using +P ammo for HD, leave it unmodified. For regular loads for target shooting, you're good to go.

        Life can make you do many things, even kiss a man with a runny nose.

        Comment

        Working...
        UA-8071174-1