Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Looking at FNP-9, any feedback?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • flatovercrest
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2008
    • 740

    Looking at FNP-9, any feedback?

    Hi, interested to add an FNP-9 to my collection of 9s.
    Any feedback from owners of these guns? They seem hard to come by, but I like the idea of hammer fired polymer pistol, without spending a grand on an HK.
    TIA

  • #2
    In_this_city
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 647

    I used to own an FNP-40 and loved it. DA trigger pull wasnt that heavy and the grip felt right in my hand. Sold it cause I switched over to 9mm pistols. Hopefully I can find someone selling an FNX-9 so I can get an FN pistol back in my collection.

    Comment

    • #3
      xxsleepyxx
      Senior Member
      • Oct 2009
      • 767

      check galleryofguns.com they always got them.

      Comment

      • #4
        Cato
        Calguns Addict
        • Apr 2006
        • 5659

        I don't own one, but it's a good looking gun.

        Comment

        • #5
          pullnshoot25
          Banned
          • Mar 2007
          • 8068

          Just pulled the trigger on one, I still have about 1/2 left to pay for it. I think it is the bee's knees. Buy it, you will not regret it.

          Comment

          • #6
            Cokebottle
            Señor Member
            CGN Contributor - Lifetime
            • Oct 2009
            • 32373

            Originally posted by In_this_city
            I used to own an FNP-40 and loved it. DA trigger pull wasnt that heavy and the grip felt right in my hand. Sold it cause I switched over to 9mm pistols. Hopefully I can find someone selling an FNX-9 so I can get an FN pistol back in my collection.
            They normally stock them at BassPro.

            Last time I checked (a year ago) they were $500
            - Rich

            Originally posted by dantodd
            A just government will not be overthrown by force or violence because the people have no incentive to overthrow a just government. If a small minority of people attempt such an insurrection to grab power and enslave the people, the RKBA of the whole is our insurance against their success.

            Comment

            • #7
              Rotting
              Member
              • Feb 2010
              • 345

              I have the 40 and 9 variety of the FNP (and a 357 Sig barrel to pop into the 40).

              I could type a 5 paragraph review for you, but I'll just save both of us time and say--I love this line of pistols. Buy that FNP-9 and you will NOT regret it!!

              Sleepy is right, get it from galleryofguns.com (assuming you're going to be buying the gun in CA, be sure to select the 10-rd version or the Gun Genie won't even give you a price quote).

              Comment

              • #8
                Heiko
                Senior Member
                • Jul 2008
                • 1025

                Don't hold me to this but I think Turner's in Pasadena has one. I was there this weekend and checked out the FNP .40. Price for the .40 was $549, IIRC. I had never handled one and really liked the feel and ergonomics of it The grip angle feels just right for those who like Sigs and similar grip angles, the decocker is perfectly placed, and the trigger is pretty good. Overall, it feels like a quality pistol.

                Comment

                • #9
                  ChrisTKHarris
                  Veteran Member
                  • Sep 2009
                  • 4203

                  The FNP9 is on my wish list. It's often overlooked, but it's a great gun.
                  Don't let the name fool you...

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    famas619
                    Member
                    • Jul 2009
                    • 463

                    Had one, sold it, wish i had not sold it

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Icypu
                      Senior Member
                      • Nov 2009
                      • 1051

                      I had an FNP-9. It was my favorite gun to clean because it opens so easily. Just use the takedown lever and don't even have to pull the trigger. I sold it, it was solid, but a little lightweight.

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        85FourEyedGT
                        Member
                        • Dec 2008
                        • 453

                        One of the most under appreciated handguns on the market right now

                        Great SA trigger, the DA is super smooth, awesome grip, very accurate, easy to break down and clean, polished feed ramps, no safety (sometimes a plus) , comes with 3 mags and a lock

                        I bought the 9mm a few months ago, put 1k through it so far, im in love, I think FN has really hit a home run with this gun , looks great too

                        I love them all! Im going to get an fnp45 Tac , fnx 40 and eventually a FNS9 when it comes out
                        sigpic

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          In_this_city
                          Senior Member
                          • Feb 2009
                          • 647

                          Originally posted by Cokebottle
                          They normally stock them at BassPro.

                          Last time I checked (a year ago) they were $500
                          Yeah Bass Pro always has the FNP, but I want an FNX. They arent on the roster.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            iareConfusE
                            Veteran Member
                            • Jan 2010
                            • 4464

                            Google for FNP 9 reviews:





                            Just a couple of the many consumer created reviews.
                            Last edited by iareConfusE; 12-13-2010, 1:49 AM.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              Turo
                              Calguns Addict
                              • May 2009
                              • 5066

                              It's a fantastic gun! My buddy got one a couple months ago and has put almost 2000 rounds through it already. The only complaint he had was with the magwell warping with only a little torsional pressure from releasing the mags. I talked about it here.
                              "The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. It is its natural manure."
                              -Thomas Jefferson

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1