Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

What should I buy?

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • Kelster1574
    Senior Member
    • Dec 2008
    • 1053

    What should I buy?

    I am sure I will get a bunch of different responses on this one. So heres the question. I haven't bought a handgun in 6-7 years, but I have the urge to get a new one. I have listed what handguns I currently own to help. I have a couple ideas in my head that I will keep to myself for now. I am looking for one of those "everyone should have one" type guns. Thanks for your recomendations.

    Glock 17 9mm
    Glock 27 .40
    Walther P22
    Browning Buckmark .22
    Kimber 1911 .45
    Ruger P95 .45
    Spingfield XD .40
    Smith and Wesson 686 plus .357
    Sig 223 .380
    Smith and Wesson Tactical 4013 .40

    What am I missing?
    www.thekelster.com



  • #2
    mcat707
    Senior Member
    • Feb 2009
    • 2346

    Looks like you only have one 9mm pistol. Time to get another. I say a Glock 19.

    Comment

    • #3
      pacifico23
      Veteran Member
      • Jun 2010
      • 2708

      CZ-75 OR 92FS

      Comment

      • #4
        mcat707
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2009
        • 2346

        Or a W. German Sig P228

        Comment

        • #5
          Prophet
          Member
          • Apr 2010
          • 200

          I would go with 92fs.

          Comment

          • #6
            Oceanbob
            I need a LIFE!!
            • Jun 2010
            • 12720

            Something different

            Perhaps a 5.7 x 28 FN...(lots of fun to shoot)

            Or a Ruger Alaskan .454

            Or a Smith & Wesson 310 Night Guard 10MM

            Or a GLOCK 20 or 29 in 10MM with conversion barrels to shoot .40 (.357 and 9x25 as well)

            Here's my GLOCK 20



            May the Bridges I burn light the way.

            Life Is Not About Waiting For The Storm To Pass - Its About Learning To Dance In The Rain.

            Fewer people are killed with all rifles each year (323 in 2011) than with shotguns (356), hammers and clubs (496), and hands and feet (728).

            Comment

            • #7
              Agent Tikki
              Senior Member
              • Jul 2010
              • 1217

              every chance you get huh Bob! Keep 'em coming sir!
              He who does not fear the sword he wields does not deserve to wield it.-Kubo Tite

              Assumption is the Mother of All ****Ups. Speaking of ****ups, where the Hell are all my packages

              Comment

              • #8
                Uriah02
                Veteran Member
                • Sep 2009
                • 3149

                I'm not seeing any H&K on that list...
                sigpic
                OIF 07-09 Veteran
                NRA Endowment Member, CRPA Life Member

                Comment

                • #9
                  sniper4usmc
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 1984

                  M&P,CZ,Ruger Mark 3
                  USMC 95-99

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Fishslayer
                    In Memoriam
                    • Jan 2010
                    • 13035

                    Originally posted by pacifico23
                    CZ-75 OR 92FS
                    Good call! With a collection like the OP I'd be looking for something a little different. CZ & Berreta are both daid sayxee!

                    If it was me I'd be looking for a classic like a S&W 4506 or an old P&R Magnum wheelgun.

                    One 9mm is plenty...
                    Last edited by Fishslayer; 12-11-2010, 1:12 PM.
                    "He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog.
                    You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart.
                    You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion."


                    Originally Posted by JackRydden224
                    I hope Ruger pays the extortion fees for the SR1911. I mean the gun is just as good if not better than a Les Baer.
                    Originally posted by redcliff
                    A Colt collector shooting Rugers is like Hugh Grant cheating on Elizabeth Hurley with a hooker.

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Alexjr1967
                      Senior Member
                      • Jan 2009
                      • 938

                      M&P or 92fs

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        Markus
                        Senior Member
                        • Mar 2010
                        • 1762

                        +1 on CZ

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          goback
                          Junior Member
                          • Dec 2010
                          • 92

                          i cannot believe people are recomending the 92fs. does anybody here watch top shot??? where the 92fs jams during competition multiple times. i owned one at one point and hated the thing. it wasnt that it was dirty or worn out or anything. it just sucks. talk to anyone in the military and ask them about how much they would rely on their M9 to save their lives. you notice how cops dont carry them as much anymore. everyone has a glock or an xd or 1911. i didnt see any .44 mag in there. ruger makes a nice one at a nice price. were you looking for a revolver or a semi?

                          how do you like your kimber by the way? i just got a spring.1911a1 GI. i heard there is a wierd break in period with kimbers
                          Last edited by goback; 12-11-2010, 1:52 PM.

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            ChrisTKHarris
                            Veteran Member
                            • Sep 2009
                            • 4203

                            HK USP
                            Don't let the name fool you...

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              bombadillo
                              I need a LIFE!!
                              • Nov 2007
                              • 14810

                              You need a .44 Mag. Get a smith 629, Ruger Super Redhawk, or maybe a Ruger .454 Casull that can double shooting .45LC. Go with a big bore something as it will put a smile on your face every pull of the trigger. I know they're not cheap to shoot but get a bear worthy gun for the lower 48.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1