Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Sig beavertails

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • FUBAR
    Senior Member
    • May 2010
    • 2453

    Sig beavertails

    I personally like them on the P220 so now I'm considering one for the P226 or P229. What are some opinions from you guys?
  • #2
    WilliamAnderson
    Senior Member
    • Jul 2008
    • 733

    I personally like the classic sig lines. I think they work fine just the way they were designed when they first came out. I haven't had problems with hammer bite on my p6. It would be more of a looks kinda thing if you went with the beaver tail.

    Comment

    • #3
      Flyin Brian
      CGN/CGSSA Contributor
      • Oct 2009
      • 3395

      I've had this about 6 months and I've shot around 500 factory rounds and 500 of my handloads through it with no problems. It's been a great pistol.

      NRA Life Member - CRPA Life Member - NRA Certified RSO - USN Veteran

      I collect Military Arms and enjoy shooting in local matches. I also collect older Lever Actions, especially those chambered in odd/old cartridges. If you have a nice old Winchester or Marlin in 25-20, 32-40, 38-55, 40-60, 45-70, etc etc, please PM me and we can work out a deal.

      Originally posted by TheExpertdouche
      I wasn't kidding when I said this would all be over by Xmas... Stay tuned for good news next week.

      Comment

      • #4
        jumpthestack
        Member
        • Mar 2010
        • 360

        Not needed on SIGs, you can get an equally high grip with the standard frame. And it may stick out and poke you a little bit when holstered.

        If you like it because it looks cool, then have at it, I guess, not really a big deal.
        ---
        http://jumpthestack.blogspot.com/

        List of San Francisco Bay Area shooting classes

        Comment

        • #5
          eric2063
          Member
          CGN Contributor
          • Oct 2009
          • 169

          Comment

          • #6
            kduly
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2009
            • 1072

            I too wasn't a fan of the beaver tails on such classy handguns such as Sigs ....but that all changed when I shot one. Eric2063 is right, coming out of the holster.... no comparison. Lets just say that I pretty much switched over to ALL tails and the rest of them are beauty queens in the safe.

            Comment

            • #7
              Swoop
              CGN/CGSSA Contributor
              CGN Contributor
              • Oct 2009
              • 3452

              Agree with Eric & Kduly 100% absolutly love em

              Comment

              • #8
                berg
                Senior Member
                • Oct 2005
                • 1963

                Are these models on the approved list?

                BTW beaver tails are not for hammer bite. They are to control muzzle flip and they allow a different grip position.
                __________________________________________________ _____________________________________
                The whole problem with the world is that fools and fanatics are always so sure of themselves, and wiser people are full of doubts. - Bertrand Russell

                Comment

                • #9
                  FUBAR
                  Senior Member
                  • May 2010
                  • 2453

                  I've got my eye on the P226 Enhanced Elite. I know its not on the list but that doesn't concern me. Also the CZ SP-01 Tactical looks very interesting as well. These two pistols seems like perfect rivals.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    cineski
                    Calguns Addict
                    • Nov 2007
                    • 6205

                    The P series beavertail actually raises the bore axis so it's a detriment and for looks and not function.

                    Comment

                    Working...
                    UA-8071174-1