Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Good leather gun belt

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • barca101
    Senior Member
    • Aug 2009
    • 577

    Good leather gun belt

    Greetings all,

    I'm looking for a good leather gun belt in a 1.5 width. I know this is the most overlooked equipment when you CCW. I have checked out 5.11, but I believe the quality isn't that great. I was looking at the Beltman and AG custom gun leather. Any experience with them and/or any other recommendations? I have a Wilderness belt that I like but It doesn't go with all my attire.
    Thank all!
  • #2
    zfields
    CGN Contributor
    • Aug 2010
    • 13658

    I have the 511, I actually think it aint bad. The only issue is the dye in the leather seems a bit cheap, I have to touch it up where it has gotten dinged / scratched.

    Beyond that, its stiff, cheap, and looks very non gun-beltish
    Sandstorm Custom Rifle Slings : Custom Paracord slings

    10% off slings for calguns members. PM for details. Like us on facebook!

    Comment

    • #3
      spursnguns
      Member
      • Apr 2010
      • 101

      El Paso Saddlery

      El Paso Saddlery.

      Makes great holsters and belts. Lots of belt options (sizes, types and colors); all are stylish and stiff enough to support a holstered gun.

      They are the best.

      Comment

      • #4
        dascoyne
        Senior Member
        • Feb 2006
        • 729



        the nicest gun belts - they look and feel great ... I even wear them when I'm not carrying. Expensive but you'll find no better belt and they'll last a lifetime.
        Last edited by dascoyne; 12-07-2010, 8:42 AM.
        sigpic
        2010 Black GT Premium. 3.73 gears. Factory Track Pack.
        Saleen VI.5 supercharger (500 hp kit). Chicane stb. JLT Oil Seperators. C&L CAI. JDM Tuned.
        J&M Billet LCA's. J&M adjustable panhard bar. BMR relocation brackets. Steeda Sport Springs. Koni STR.T's. J&M caster camber plates.
        19" 2011 Ford GT500 SVTPP wheels. Nitto INVO 255/35/19, 285/35/19.
        Factory Spoiler Delete. Electronics Package. Security Package. HID.

        Comment

        • #5
          Heiko
          Senior Member
          • Jul 2008
          • 1025

          Originally posted by zfields
          I have the 511, I actually think it aint bad. The only issue is the dye in the leather seems a bit cheap, I have to touch it up where it has gotten dinged / scratched.

          Beyond that, its stiff, cheap, and looks very non gun-beltish
          Agreed. They are adequately stiff for a holstered pistol. My USP Compact .40 and SA Champion are well supported by the 5.11 belt. The dye does wear off a bit too easily but I do like that they can be had in a very plain style rather than just basket weave and cowboy styles.

          Comment

          • #6
            homerm14
            Senior Member
            • Jan 2006
            • 630

            Originally posted by dascoyne
            www.thebeltman.net

            the nicest gun belts - they look and feel great ... I even wear them when I'm not carrying. Expensive but you'll find no better belt and they'll last a lifetime.
            I second that. I have three belts from The Beltman that I rotate through to carry. I carry every day from a full size 1911 to a p7m13 or p7m8. These belts work great.

            Comment

            • #7
              Miltiades
              Senior Member
              • Dec 2006
              • 1149

              AG Custom

              I just bought a black 1.5 inch belt from AG Custom, and was very pleased with the quality and service of the company. In the past I had bought similar belts from Rafter in Missouri, but they seem to be out of business or something - their website is not working for me.

              The AG belt was delivered quickly, and is very thick, stiff and strong. It supports a full size gun with no problem.

              Comment

              • #8
                R.Mac
                Member
                • Jul 2010
                • 164

                I just received mine from Comp-Tac (makers of the Minotaur IWB holster). They have the belts in stock, so the wait is short. I got one that tapered from 1.5" x 1.25". They also sew a kydex strip between two pieces of leather and quality and rigidity is second to none!

                Comment

                • #9
                  tpirman
                  Member
                  • Nov 2008
                  • 171

                  Originally posted by dascoyne
                  www.thebeltman.net

                  the nicest gun belts - they look and feel great ... I even wear them when I'm not carrying. Expensive but you'll find no better belt and they'll last a lifetime.
                  +1 on this. You can design your own belt and even request the stiffness you want. They actually look good too.

                  Comment

                  • #10
                    Vanilla Gorilla
                    I need a LIFE!!
                    • Aug 2010
                    • 11015


                    this is the one i use it is a 511 and it works great
                    That punk pulled a Glock 7 on me. You know what that is? It's a porcelain gun made in Germany. Dosen't show up on your airport X-ray machines, here, and it cost more than you make in a month.
                    -John McClane

                    Comment

                    • #11
                      Vin496
                      Calguns Addict
                      • Mar 2008
                      • 8804

                      Another +1 for The Beltman, have one and it is a high quality very stiff and nice looking belt, that I use as just a regular belt quite often.
                      I think it can be confirmed that an alien xenomorph is absolutely no match for good ole' Alabama black snake!

                      and

                      If you're in a survival movie and the hot blond twists her ankle and can't walk, you damn well figure a way to carry her. If it's a dude, you shake his hand and say "best of luck".

                      Comment

                      • #12
                        bsg
                        I need a LIFE!!
                        • Jan 2009
                        • 25954

                        i can't say enough positive things about my Beltman....
                        Last edited by bsg; 12-07-2010, 11:11 AM.

                        Comment

                        • #13
                          Fjold
                          I need a LIFE!!
                          • Oct 2005
                          • 23062

                          Try Crossbreed holsters also.
                          Frank

                          One rifle, one planet, Holland's 375




                          Life Member NRA, CRPA and SAF

                          Comment

                          • #14
                            Heiko
                            Senior Member
                            • Jul 2008
                            • 1025

                            I hate you guys. Now I'm looking at spending more money.

                            I'm checking out the Beltman site and wondering whether the internal stiffener is necessary because it adds $10 and I think that the double layer bullhide might be stiff enough. What do you Beltman users think for someone who uses OWB and IWB carry options.

                            Comment

                            • #15
                              dascoyne
                              Senior Member
                              • Feb 2006
                              • 729

                              I have a couple of the beltman horsehide belts and I haven't found the need for stiffeners at all.

                              P.S. Don't forget to read the pre-ordering instructions on the site - they're important.
                              sigpic
                              2010 Black GT Premium. 3.73 gears. Factory Track Pack.
                              Saleen VI.5 supercharger (500 hp kit). Chicane stb. JLT Oil Seperators. C&L CAI. JDM Tuned.
                              J&M Billet LCA's. J&M adjustable panhard bar. BMR relocation brackets. Steeda Sport Springs. Koni STR.T's. J&M caster camber plates.
                              19" 2011 Ford GT500 SVTPP wheels. Nitto INVO 255/35/19, 285/35/19.
                              Factory Spoiler Delete. Electronics Package. Security Package. HID.

                              Comment

                              Working...
                              UA-8071174-1