Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Best Factory DA/SA Trigger

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • #16
    knucklehead0202
    Veteran Member
    • Aug 2008
    • 4087

    ruger p97. i know it makes you sick to think of it, but try it. don't call me crazy until you try it. it'll blow your mind, unless mine is special somehow. doubt it. imagine a p90 is about the same, same gun but with alloy frame. p97 is polymer frame. i've done sigs and hk's, a taurus beretta copy, and the ruger is by far the smoothest. any other weird ruger owners here?

    Comment

    • #17
      IPSICK
      Veteran Member
      • Nov 2005
      • 4259

      Sig Pro or the CZ 75b SP-01 Shadow
      "When you get the (men) to the range, you just get the men. But when you bring the (women) to the range, you get the (whole family). And that's what's going to save our 2nd Amendment."--Dianna Liedorff

      "Since self-preservation is the 1st law of nature, we assert the...right to self-defense. The Constitution...clearly affirms the right of every American...to bear arms. And as Americans, we will not give up a single right guaranteed under the Constitution." --Malcolm X

      Comment

      • #18
        echang86
        Senior Member
        • Oct 2007
        • 652

        Sig Sauer P226, P228, P229. Can't speak on the Sig Pro, haven't tried one yet.

        Comment

        • #19
          bsg
          I need a LIFE!!
          • Jan 2009
          • 25954

          the best DA trigger on a DA/SA handgun for me... has been on older w german P226 models i have owned and shot. SA is fine.

          the absolute best... was on my first P226, which i regretfully sold many years ago.

          with the exception of the Sig P6... i've been ok with the DA/SA pull on most early P series handguns i have shot. the P6 comes with a very gritty DA trigger pull.
          Last edited by bsg; 12-03-2010, 9:49 AM.

          Comment

          • #20
            Oldnoob
            Veteran Member
            • Apr 2008
            • 2829

            From my limit experience...













            W. German Sig
            Taiwan born, Chinese descent, red white and freaking blue America citizen.

            Gun Control - A theory espoused by some monumentally stupid people; who claim to believe, against all logic and common sense, that a violent predator who ignores the laws prohibiting them from robbing, raping, kidnapping, torturing and killing their fellow human beings will obey a law telling them that they cannot own a gun.

            Comment

            • #21
              Prospector
              Senior Member
              • Oct 2005
              • 1056

              Sp2022 so far..

              Comment

              • #22
                ianS
                Senior Member
                • Mar 2004
                • 1108

                Best was my former KF date code ('95) stamp steel German P226 9mm. Unfortunately no other SIG Sauer made after that that I've owned came close to to it. On avg. SIG Sauer's tended to have better DA/SA triggers than any HK, Beretta, or S&W DA/SA pistol I ever owned or tried. The only other DA/SA trigger I really liked was my former Walther P99. A really underrated pistol.

                Comment

                • #23
                  Black Majik
                  Calguns Addict
                  • Oct 2005
                  • 9695

                  Originally posted by ianS
                  Best was my former KF date code ('95) stamp steel German P226 9mm. Unfortunately no other SIG Sauer made after that that I've owned came close to to it. On avg. SIG Sauer's tended to have better DA/SA triggers than any HK, Beretta, or S&W DA/SA pistol I ever owned or tried. The only other DA/SA trigger I really liked was my former Walther P99. A really underrated pistol.
                  Ian,

                  Funny you should mention the P99. I was hoping someone would mention it, I waited to mention it since it is striker fired. But of the DA/SA pistols I've tried I've really been quite impressed with the smooth DA on the 1st gen P99s. The really short reset in SA is also a huge plus.

                  Comment

                  • #24
                    ianS
                    Senior Member
                    • Mar 2004
                    • 1108

                    Richard,

                    I give props to the P99 whenever I can. The pistol really deserved a better fate than it does today. I've always thought of it as a kind of "DA/SA" Glock 19 which makes it a really attractive package for DA/SA fans. Unfortunately prices have gone up so the P99 will probably stay in relative obscurity behind the more well known offerings from H&K and lower priced SIG 2022 (its closest competitors).
                    Last edited by ianS; 12-03-2010, 12:12 PM.

                    Comment

                    • #25
                      UserM4
                      Senior Member
                      • Apr 2010
                      • 1687

                      Re: Best Factory DA/SA Trigger

                      HK USP Elite and Expert with factory match triggers have sweet SA but DA is still heavy.
                      While we're here arguing about the latest high tech running shoes, there's some Kenyan out there running barefoot. Guess who's gonna win the marathon?

                      Comment

                      • #26
                        gorenut
                        Veteran Member
                        • Jan 2010
                        • 3072

                        SP2022, hands down

                        I've had 3 P226s and a USP along with frequent handling of P229

                        Comment

                        • #27
                          JeffW
                          Member
                          CGN Contributor
                          • Jan 2006
                          • 282

                          Stock HK trigger is not very good but I think the HK Match trigger (which is an upgrade for regular USP or standard on expert/tactical/match) is the equal of the Sig.

                          Comment

                          • #28
                            FUBAR
                            Senior Member
                            • May 2010
                            • 2453

                            Originally posted by wildhawker
                            In semiautos, [German] Sigs followed by a CZ that's been fired at least 1k+.
                            I've never fired a CZ but I have heard that it gets better after repeated trigger pulls.

                            Comment

                            Working...
                            UA-8071174-1